Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectOccupy Movements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=2096&mesg_id=2096
2096, Occupy Movements
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rather curious on what people thing about this. Personally, I live in North Dakota, so we don't have much direct impact here. To start the discussion/debate, here are my own immediate thoughts.

1) While there's certain parts of their points I agree with, my overall feeling tends to be the "get a job" viewpoint. Particularly in the case of these school demonstrations. Hey, if you aren't making money, maybe the fact that you're sitting in a park for months has something to do with it.

2) Unfortunately, I feel like if these continue, at SOME point, law enforcement is going to cause a frickin' riot. However, given I work at a bar, I also understand that when you're part of a small group keeping control of a large group, the only solution you really have is superior firepower. Even with "peaceful" protesters, they're obviously protesting and there is SOME confrontation to begin with there.

3) Though I CURRENTLY have a distaste for the occupy movement, I tend to feel I have an open mind. Convince me otherwise! Although I tend to find this method distasteful, obviously our current systems have helped the situation reach this point in the first place. Maybe such drastic measures as these are the only way to make a difference at this point.

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks? Videos of violence! (Honestly, we DO play CF)