Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectOsama bin Laden killed in Pakistan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=2073
2073, Osama bin Laden killed in Pakistan
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/01/bin.laden.obit/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1
2076, I find all this dancing on graves distasteful
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess people are the same everywhere. People were cheering when Osama bin Laden was murdered and people were cheering when those two planes hit the twin towers 11.9.2001.
2077, I don't see the similarities. At all. n/t.
Posted by TheDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
2078, The two differences are...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...that the Americans are cheering about the death of someone who killed over 3500 hundred people (just counting those who died in the embassy bombing, USS Cole bombing and Twin Towers) and who led an organization that struck fear into the hearts of all countries in the world.

The muslim extremists were cheering about the death of ~3000 innocent people who were at their job trying to earn a living providing for their family or theirselves.

If you can't see the difference Dur, I pity you.

2079, Wrong
These extremists were not cheering about death of 3000 innocent people. They were cheering about USA being struck. You should think about how many innocent peoples lives USA has ruined with its self-interested politics and military campaigns. I think there are thousands. USA has ####ed up entire countries with its forced ecomomic changes to make these countries better serve its interests.

The same way you can think of Osama's murder as Osama getting what he deserved, you can think of September 11 terrorist attacks as USA getting what it deserved as a just punishment for its politics.

So, if you can only look at the matter from your own American biased view and not see this similarity, I pity you Sam.

Sure, I can understand people cheering for Osamas murder and September 11 terrorist attacks. Both can be seen as maw moments in Lyristeonic sense and I cheered a little with both crews at the time. But only a little and not loudly, since killing 3000 innocent civilians or murdering a man without trial are not really deeds that are worth cheering for.
2080, I had no idea Dur was a closet terrorist. Go figure.
nt.
2081, I had no idea that you were a closet murderer. Go figure.
I don't support either of the deeds, FYI.
2082, "and I cheered a little with both crews at the time."
Maybe I took that out of context. Anyways I know you're usually pretty reasonable. That is just a dumb thing to say though. *shrug*
2085, Actually...
Posted by TFON on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The much-hyped and replayed video of Arabic peoples firing guns in the air and cheering was not a reaction to the 9/11 false flag attack. It was contrived footage engineered by the Israeli Defense Agency to give more momentum to a retributive mood by the American public and military forces.

Muslims worldwide publicly condemned the attacks, though that certainly could have been to avoid having the wind of blame or actions of revenge laid at their feet. I remember watching Yasser Arafat donate blood for the victims on camera. Surreal.

The Israelis just had to chime in with their homegrown propaganda follow-up at an extremely vulnerable emotional time in American history to make certain that our policymakers and military would show up and make a gigantic dent in the Middle East. Necessary? I don't really think so. I think some people with big toys got tired of the same old slapdance game we'd been playing with the Soviets for forty or fifty years and pulled false flag to tighten up things at home and make new inroads abroad.

Osama Bin Laden? Perfect patsy, former CIA employee. I'd lay money he'd been dead for at least a year before the attacks, cremated and powdered, deep in the vaults under Fort Meade, Maryland. Just a theory. Call me crazy, everyone else does... but that's how I would have run it.
2086, If that's the way you would have done it..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why would you have chosen that moment to officially "kill" him? And why would you do it in such a way that puts our already volatile alliance with Pakistan in jeopardy?

I mean, you said that's the way you would have done it. I'm curious why you wouldn't have chosen to kill him in the country that we were already at war in.
2087, RE: If that's the way you would have done it..
Posted by TFON on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Why would you have chosen that moment to officially "kill"
>him? And why would you do it in such a way that puts our
>already volatile alliance with Pakistan in jeopardy?
>
>I mean, you said that's the way you would have done it. I'm
>curious why you wouldn't have chosen to kill him in the
>country that we were already at war in.

The exact moment, I suppose, doesn't really have much weight. It does provide yet another nice distraction from the collapse of national sovereignty in the United States and the end of many civil rights, though. As for Pakistan... they've been a nice project in which we use our old M.O. of playing both sides off one another. The U.S. has openly dumped billions in money, resources, technical advising, and diplomatic representation to allow India to join the nuclear club. The U.S. during the Reagan years (which you may be too young to remember) covertly dumped billions into establishing schools of Islamic fundamentalism and training camps in Pakistan the same as we did in Afghanistan, for the training of mujaheddin to fight the Soviets. We opened the door for nuclear proliferation in India, so we must like them considerably better than Pakistan. Pakistan we didn't open any doors for- simply the metaphorical equivalent of shipping them a box of AK-47s and saying "Good Luck".

2075, See how much you Americans can achieve when the Playstaton network is down!
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
2074, You think of all the lives that were lost...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Both on 9/11 and then in the war in Afghanistan...

Watching the Phillies game where a USA chant started once the news filtered...seeing the celebrations in Times Square, Ground Zero, the White House. In cities all over the country. Gave me goosebumps.

Maybe the USA does have a chance. The unity shown by events like these make you think our country can do anything.

I hearty thank you to all the US military personal, and especially those Navy S.E.A.L.S who ended one of the worst mass-murderers of all times lives.