Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectubernecro post
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1767&mesg_id=1897
1897, ubernecro post
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I finally got around to trying this. If we have fresh strawberries, we usually eat them without sacrificing them to the slaughter that is experimental cooking. However, with about a half pound looking to go bad in the next day or so, I gave it a shot.

I changed it, of course. I was looking for something a little more savory than sweet. I added a splash of good olive oil to the butter/cream sauce, and a splash of red wine as well. Not too much, though. At the end, I topped with a pinch of black pepper and some parmesan cheese.

The result was a mutant of the original, I'm sure. Thankfully, it was still very much a strawberry-dominated dish, but the pepper and that tiny amount of wine really mellowed out the sweet. It also made the dish and excellent pairing with the same red that I used in the sauce.

I think grilled red meat with a simple salt/garlic/pepper rub would achieve basically the same thing, but alas, I was looking for a quick dinner tonight.

Thanks, I enjoyed it!