Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectUwe Boll will stop making films if you sign!!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1728
1728, Uwe Boll will stop making films if you sign!!
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everyone's running it, I pulled this one from Slashdot.

The count (when I voted) is up to 60,000. It started at around 20,000 when the story was published. That means at this rate, we'll have Uwe Boll voluntarily giving in within the week! Huzzah!

Here's the vote link:
http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

The link to Slashdots coverage of the story:
http://entertainment.slashdot.org/entertainment/08/04/07/201226.shtml

And the original story quoting him:
http://www.fearnet.com/MCNewsDetailPage.aspx?catid=30&mid=13788

Time to rally peeps, if the polls are anything to go by there is approximately a playerbase of 600 people, and at least 300 of them visit QHCF.net. Let's add our mass to the collective Steam Roller that's about to nail Uwe Boll to the wall, baby! Yeah!

Those who doubt the power of the petition - sign it anyway. It will be the biggest penis-slap to Uwe Boll's face ever and worth the comic value of our efforts. Thank you.

Yhorian
1775, Update: Free gum available to petitioners!
Jumping on the band wagon of a petition that now exceeds a quarter of it's quota, the gum company has promoted the petition as an obvious but entertaining publicity stunt:

You can read about it here.

While I don't expect this to sway anyone who has already chosen (not) to vote, it's certainly an amusing twist to the story, n'est pas?

Yhorian
1776, RE: Update: Free gum available to petitioners!
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let's see some names who has signed the petition:

203764. your name Comment
203763. your name Comment

Looks like Mr. Name signed the poll accidentally twice.

This, and the gum reward promise will just provide another excuse for Uwe Boll not to give flying #### about the poll, even if the number exceeds over million names.
1738, Nope.
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now...I had to look up who this was. And I've not seen any of his films.

Which is an accomplishment, as I am a moviephile.

But saw a clip where he challenged these petitioners, and went on to make fun of Clooney.

Sorry.

Anyone who tells it like it is about how fracking much of a political-activist-moronic-self-important-blowhard clooney and his ilk are get my vote.

I put my name to the pro-Boll petition.

And will probably go out and get his movies. Heh. (more because I haven't seen them yet, which bugs me, than because I like his statement.)
1741, Lol, we should set our watches to you.
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I bet you sleep with the Marlboro Man, too. lolol
1742, I dare you to watch Alone in the Dark.
Because if you don't want to claw your own eyes out by the end, or just plain turn it off - you'll certainly want a piece of Boll like the rest of us.

The guy butchers movies. I read a review on Postal the other day that said 'Boll makes some pretty brash statements that are actually very original - he's gone where no other director has gone. But it's hard to respect him for that when it's still a gutter comedy.'

That notion will probably sum up your feelings for him after watching anything he's made. The guy is terrible.
1729, RE: Uwe Boll will stop making films if you sign!!
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You could just...never see his films. When they stop making money, he'll stop making films.
1730, Where's the fun in that?
This guy draws hatred like a super-magnet cross bred with a nazi.

Let's gank him :D
1739, RE: Uwe Boll will stop making films if you sign!!
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thats false. Read up on how he finances his movies. He's ok with losing money and so are his investors.

Edit: Its not like he's made money so far. Half his films are like $10m budget, gross earnings of $2m. Etc.