Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectTwo words: Turing Test
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=151&mesg_id=329
329, Two words: Turing Test
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Prove you are capable of thought without speaking or communicating with any language. "I think therefore I am" should in fact be "I say, therefore I am."

Why does human at conception have to be a religious viewpoint. I certainly don't consider my position to be religious. Personally, it is very simple for me. Is it going to become a fully formed human? Yes. Then it is human. Much like a building is still a building even when there is only the foundation and a single wall. Being fully formed doesn't define whether a thing is something or not.

I would argue that we don't have any way to tell that any neural activity is "thinking" in the sense of self awareness, hence the language thing. I'm pretty sure animals have neural activity, but I'm also pretty sure they don't think.

I'm aware that this is the basis of current abortion laws. I don't agree: There is a very rare disease(?) where people have all the brain fluid, but none of what we would normally consider brain. As much as 90% less than normal, and yet some of them are fully functional. We don't know how the brain works. Lastly, it is going to be human, therefore, you don't have the right to choose if it lives or dies.

Also, I don't remember saying anything about contraception, but unless I'm confused about exactly how the morning after pill works (I admit I don't know) then I don't know of any contraception that would violate my position since none of them kill a life after it has been created.

I will challenge you to prove, and I mean without any doubt, that you are in fact intelligent, without any language. No signing, no writing, no speaking. Prove you aren't just an ape. I dare you. If we knew enough about intelligence to being able to point to something and go "There, that's intelligent" we wouldn't need a Turing Test. It would be brutally obvious when a computer attainted this intelligence.