Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: "Mexican invasion"
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=151&mesg_id=225
225, RE: "Mexican invasion"
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"The Mexican Invasion, and that is what it is -VIVA AZTLAN- is a concerted effort by the Mexican government to Populate and Separate our SW states. Their governments have stated it openly and it's seen in their Mexican Flag waving Demonstrations. You've got to be trying to miss it if you don't see it or you may be one of those that just wish to see us fail."

I guess I fail to see the political point of an invasion where millions of Mexican immigrants sweep over the border, take largely menial jobs, and provide the backbone of the Southwest's economy. It's more believable to me that individuals see a chance to make 5x or 10x their current salary and are willing to do what they have to do to take it, border be damned. They're not gathering in El Secret Mexican Plotting Dome, hatching schemes to take hundreds of thousands of backbreaking agricultural jobs in a miserably hot climate, saying "That'll show those gringos!"

Their arrival doesn't make America "fail". Countless waves of previous immigrants (my ancestors included, and yours more likely than not) came here undereducated, with little grasp of English, but willing (or just forced, depending on their continent of origin) to work on farms, mines, mills, railroads, or whatever else was available. Just like the current Latino immigrants, they put up with xenophobic morons yelling "Go Back To _______". And we're the nation we are precisely because they didn't go back.

There's a reason Washington won't touch the illegal immigration issue. They know how much the country as a whole is strengthened by it.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com