Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: To me this is the equivilant of saying.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=151&mesg_id=224
224, RE: To me this is the equivilant of saying.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How does this question: "If we agree* that spreading our culture is the most effective way to win" (how do we go about doing it)?*

Evoke this response:

>My culture does not matter.

Is yours the culture of military conquest, in which case spreading culture through presumably non-militaristic ways means it is in danger? Honestly man I don't get it.

>Why is it the left espouses erasing our borders?

I am not left. I am not for "erasing" any borders. I also think that anyone who wants to come here should be able to. They should be documented, just as the thousand who came through Elis Island were, but they should be welcome, because it just plain makes sense.

>There seems to be this mindset that every culture excet ours
>is good.

And yet my mindset was that every culture except ours should be subverted by ours (or something like that). I mean I'm full on against MySpace, iPods, Reality TV, and many other things in our culture, but there is something underneath it (freedom) that is so strong, I think everyone should join in.

>Free Trade zones are going to be the death of civilization.

Please explain. If we opened up a free trade zone between here and a fictional third world south american country.... would not both places benefit?

(*) I should proofread as that is what my question was supposed to ask.