Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectOh dear. You're serious?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1146&mesg_id=1191
1191, Oh dear. You're serious?
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think it is clear that without US involvement in the European theater (which from what your saying wouldn't have been the issue anyway) that all of Europe would have fallen to Germany. I consider it more like that Communist Russia takes more than they did and then destabilizes like they did and things are more or less the same. It's all theoretical anyway.

More or less all of Europe did fall to the Axis, aside from Britain, Spain, and a couple neutral countries. That isn't theoretical. This is why Americans (and Britons and others) got shot to hell on Normandy's beaches instead of walking in from friendly ports.

By 1942, the Nazis controlled all of continental Europe (except Spain, which was neutral and in civil war), much of North Africa, and had made significant headway into the Soviet Union. Without US involvement, you're looking at one of two possibilities-- Nazi-controlled Europe/Britain and Stalinist Asia, or Stalinist Eurasia. If you think either of those leads to a better America today, I don't know what else to say.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com