Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectFairTax
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1086&mesg_id=1086
1086, FairTax
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know this have been brought up before, and likely will again, but I figured that since there is actually a FairTax bill in congress now, and because we all just went through tax paying hell, I'd bring it up again. More information can be found at fairtax.org and if you are interested, please sign up. They recently did a fax campaign and sent out over 134,000 faxes to congress before the tax deadline. Also there was an even at a republican even in Iowa. They're looking for volunteers to go out and show support for the FairTax on May 15 during a presidential debate.

All that said, I imagine that with as diverse a group as we have here there are some people who disagree with the FairTax. I'm curious as to your thoughts. I noticed from their congressional scorecard that Obama (one of my senators) was against it. Any ideas for finding out why a congressman opposes a specific issue?

Hope everyone had fun doing their taxes and got them in on time.... Now don't you wish you didn't have to?