Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectVillagers own people all the time.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99620
99620, Villagers own people all the time.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Knacnar, Ohbehb, Djabree, Woldrun and Elgroth. All 200+ Pks
If you go by 100+ battle has 38.
empire has 45, fort has 13, Outlander 20, scion 30, and tribunal 11.
And nexus, their main enemy, has an astounding 8.
So who really gets owned out there? (yes these are just basic numbers with out a lot of real analysis, but they do show villagers are not quite the punching bags of Thera)

Some people can thrive as villagers within the confines of their rules, some can not, that's all there is to it. I can't play a villager well, but I don't say that's because there is a problem with the village, it's a problem with me and how I like to play.

It's one thing to premptively strike a guy in the ruins. Another at high lords. There are LOTS of other reasons to get blood besides Flaaayin. Maybe they like to eat fillets. Maybe they are fighting a dragon. Maybe they just want poison immunity in case they do have to fight Flaaayin, even though they have no intention of going to the village. Sitting at High Lords and using that as a justification is iffy. Killing Nexuns/mages/cabal enemies there, that's fine of course. Killing anyone else, that's the gray area. No different for a duerg sitting on eastern. You put yourself there, don't be surprised if a paladin wraths you if they see you. That doesn't mean you get to bash them first. You almost always have another option. Most people however, want the one that lets them PK somebody else, so that's what they do, and then give some piss poor justification afterwards like "he was going to wrath me if I didn't".

There is a simple solution if you don't want people bothering you. Don't play an evil. (eliminates fort as enemies) Don't play anything outlanders hate. Don't break the law. Be a neutral orderly human warrior, and you'll largely go unnoticed in the village by most everyone. Empire/nexus/scion and all mages will bother you, but you can attack them anywhere anyway so no big deal.

People choose their class and all that, and get the perks, then complain about having drawbacks in exchange for them. Being a villager means following the cabal rules. And some villagers look for s****y justifications to get around them lots of times. But once you start making rationalizations and assumptions to justify your actions, you know you're doing something you should not, and that's why you make those very justifications. 9 out of 10 times there are no reprecussions for it. But sometimes, Thror comes down and boots them. I honestly think Thror and the battle heroimms should do a lot more booting of villagers, but at the same time make it easier for them to get back in, so they can actually get the point and redeem themselves rather than just delete delete.

You don't think the perks outweigh the benefits, that's fine. Some people do, other people like the challenge or the nature of the cabal. Maybe some people don't care about being the biggest bad ass on the block, they just like playing and the cabal appeals to them and don't mind that they get ganged and killed and all that.