Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectYeah, I don't pretend to know the answer myself
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99599
99599, Yeah, I don't pretend to know the answer myself
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was just something to consider, like I said :P.

I personally got a, somewhat powergamey (whatever, to each his own), but good feel about you the player. Concerning the paths, the success (felt like 100%) and duration rates were just silly, but no one can fault you for using the tools you've been given. I do think those tools need a check up, though.

> But sometimes yes I stole that really shiny sword I could use. I'm a thief, I'm guilty of that.

Yeah ... as Thraris I often stole gear just to lore it, which I typically either planted back afterwards, or dropped somewhere followed by a tell. At one time the target noticed it (and me) before I was able to return them and gave me a whole barrage of words I am not going to repeat. Yes, in that case I thought "I guess that means you don't want me to return them." And Thraris was about as harmless as it gets ...

> The stacking trap effects post was hilarious.

You mean the one about that multiple altruism thing? That got cleared, but once something lurks in the mind, it's hard to get out, I suppose. Personally, I think it's a bug that it did stack. Perhaps the durations should increase (not double!!) with multiple altruisms, but not the affects.

> RE: taking containers

Complaints about thieves stealing containers are as old as the streets, but if it is indeed a prep bag that you take, you can't deny that it's effective. And it's been done as long as it's been complained about, which is always. Deliberately stealing someone's food and drink bag is another matter though.

> So ultimately I could not do anything about the image because it was born on the boards. In game, if that is my reputation, what would you do to combat that? I wasn't griefing and the silent majority knew that. Am I supposed to be extra nice and Dawn like? Blah. I still had a roleplay to continue and proactively going out and being super nice to change that reputation doesn't fit at all the roleplay of a chaotic evil Drillmaster that doesn't ultimately care about other peoples' opinions anyway.

Yeah, indeed, that's the tough one and as I said, I can't answer it either.

Last year pickpockets stole my wallet, while on vacation, with some money and all of my creditcards in it. Losing my Visa especially sucked, cause it was a group trip, with rented cars and I was one of the main drivers and you can forget picking up a rental without a garantuee. My point is, yes, that sucks, big time. Yes, you think they'd be better off doing more honorable things, but they're not, why? Because they're thieves.

CF has thieves, what else can you really expect from them?

That said, as it is a game, it does still need to be fair and !fun!. And right now I get the feeling it's too easy (for a 10+ year vet, which I do not doubt you are).