Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Don't hate the player, hate the game? Fat chance...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99586
99586, RE: Don't hate the player, hate the game? Fat chance...
Posted by Aelozzosot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Countering poisons = Quaggoth, resist poison shin pads, green dragon hide, being a resistant to poison race, all of those worked very well actually despite the comments."

Just to comment on countering poisons: as a poison resistant race, and with poison resistance forms, this was certainly not the way I felt about poison resistance's effectiveness.

I still felt very vulnerable to being KO'd, and rarely felt like resistance was doing much of anything to actually change the dynamic between us. I would estimate you were landing better than 50% of any given inhalation attempts, despite resistance?

I mean, if resistance was taking success down from 80% to 50%, for characters that couldn't hold you in place, or see hidden to pursue, that doesn't change how our encounters are going to play out. And pretty much all mages fell into that category. The success rate was still high enough that with a couple attempts, it was going to work for you.

I might have felt different if I were playing a giant or a duergar or something that could bash you down and take advantage of the increased fail rate, but I wasn't, and so for my character (and maybe some of the others who hated to see you logged on) the chance of success vs. risk to yourself ratio you had against us felt unbalanced, and it really was basically Quaggoth or bust.