Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: I always said time was the only thing that would ki...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99568
99568, RE: I always said time was the only thing that would ki...
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll post the log when I find it.

I got a bit of that OOC stuff from villagers and applicants, (nowehere near what you got I am sure). Lots from ones who were so young that I had never even met them before. But I always tried to talk to people, even the people that hated me. And ultimately, it pays off with a lot of players. It's hard to hate someone who is sort of nice to you, even as an enemy. I remember the first time I ever got a tell from Syther (sorry Syther's player, not meaning anything bad by saying this but this helps make a point), after he was named commander. I had no idea who he even was, had never seen him before really. I believe he called me a string of adjectives whore and a few other unkind things. Then he told me to crawl off and die or something. But rather than ignore him or tell him f*** off I tried to chat with him, and by the end I think he was civil.

Most people's perception gets formed from what they hear from others and what they see (sadly on forums too) and the only way to really combat that is one player at a time IC. Maybe it would not work as well for Flaaayin as it does for Allysia, but then again a chaotic evil DM should not be as nice as a wood elf bard so I think your RP sort of pinned you into it.