Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Don't hate the player, hate the game? Fat chance...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99563
99563, RE: Don't hate the player, hate the game? Fat chance...
Posted by Volker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Flaaayin has never actually killed Volker, except that time during the retrieval when Volker died to 4 other ragers + Flaaayin. It wasn't due to any use of suggest, either. Volker is not an arial, so you can't suggest inherent flight. But I'll grant that you disabled me for such long periods that I just didn't want to fight you at all. When I saw you logged on, I knew my login would not be fun. I also knew that I wouldn't be able to kill you - though that one time I did kill you when you didn't have the head with an immolation was not satisfying. I had to sit in the Chasm for 50 hours waiting out the poison (50 hours on a poison-resist demi-elemental transcendence invoker is wonky.) and couldn't do anything. I ended up surfing the internet and waiting to quit.

I hadn't posted anything on the forums here or on QHCF attacking you specifically. I'm not sure who you think plays Volker. You were pretty good that one time I did die in the village, and didn't take almost everything. I don't think you were a griefer. But the skills need to be changed, if you don't think they do, wait till you play someone who has to fight a skilled thief using those poisons/traps. It's just plain annoying, and if you insist on fighting with those poisons/traps on you, you suffer the risk of dying. If you don't want to die, you have to run when the poisons hit. I know Artificial hates you (and I don't) but his analogy of the rabid raccoon is somewhat accurate. A slippery little thief is dangerous in a rather humiliating way - because he is such a weak little creature, who can't actually kill you if you don't get baited, but he inconveniences you.

Also, I am quite curious as to who your ex-characters were, if you do not mind posting them.