Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectI agree with most of this. Just one thing...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99562
99562, I agree with most of this. Just one thing...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...is that Flaaayin is think was a lot tougher on the men than you give him credit for. While it's true he may have only booted 3 people, he definitely spoke with me about uninducting people who didn't play quite often. He also threatened uninduction often enough that I think it was a positive deterrant for horrible behavior.

I totally agree with you about this. "It is hard being a Drillmaster (and/or Commander) because you have so many morons who just want you to boot people left and right. But that's part of the deal." As a player, I think village and Empire are the two cabals that if you get booted, 95% of the time it's easier to just delete. So as a player, you're hoping this character will learn the lesson, take his outduction (OMG what is happening to me) with class and roleplay and stuck with it and get reinducted. However, what usually happens is the player deletes after bitching to you for hours, the other characters in the game continue to give you #### (which makes you feel like you cannot win), etc.

Do I wish I had booted more people? Yes. Is it hard for me to boot someone for behavior I never witnessed even though I had it on good authority they were breaking the rules? Yes. Just like it's hard for an Admin to be rough on someone with no role.

I personally think Flaaayin was pillar-worthy. That's just me though.