Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: sad to see the one of the only 2 villagers worthy of a hut go
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99557
99557, RE: sad to see the one of the only 2 villagers worthy of a hut go
Posted by Flaaayin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sneaky like that. Yes, mind control poison is definitely wisdom and int related, as gnomes especially I failed poisoning on constantly (both ko and mind control). Many say it never failed, but I had a failure rate of about 30%. Poison resist definitely made a huge difference (Mundin can account for that), as did being a gnome, dark elf, svirfneblin.

The one thing about poisons is I can find very very powerful poisons which are difficult to get. But gives me a "one shot" at a very powerful poison attempt. I saved those for specifically resistant individuals, which may also account for those individuals saying it never failed.

Gathering was a pain. I had to limit what I gathered to most effective and quickest to get. There are some recipes for poisons which allow you to up the strength of them slightly that I took advantage of. The expense of being a trapper/poisoner is astronomical. Its not uncommon for me to blow through 200 to 300 gold in ingredients in one login.