Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Don't hate the player, hate the game? Fat chance...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99526
99526, RE: Don't hate the player, hate the game? Fat chance...
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Fortress
>Rhone: Pillar oh pillar how I do not like you. You definitely
>did not like me and its understandable. Always had good
>rumbles. One thing I suggest is actually try to deprotect
>yourself some. If people feel they can do nothing against you
>but grazes, they won't stick around. But you seem to know what
>you are doing and keep on trucking.
>

Actually, I liked you a great deal - even though Rhone may have felt some disdain. And I meant what I said when I told you that you were the most dangerous enemy that I've ever known. Fighting you was useless without the quaggoth, but that's not your problem. That just meant that I quite literally had to kill the quaggoth every hour or so just in case you logged in. Also, I think the people saying the worst part to fighting you was waiting off poison effects in safety are crazy and/or deluding themselves - you were *extremely* deadly and we should all thank our lucky stars you did not have imperial spies, as well.

Now, I'll admit, it was frustrating being too crippled by your traps to actually loot you the two times you fell. And it was frustrating having my crap taken again and again. And a couple months ago, when you said you were taking a two week vacation, I smile in real life because I needed the time to rank up and get on my feet. But in my mind, you were like the BattleRager version of Athioles - someone that was hated by his enemies and loved by his men. And for some reason I was glad you were around.

As for the few protection thing, I agree, and I've used that ploy a few times - often dangerously so - but never against you. You were too dangerous, aggressive enough to pursue me despite it, and I felt the quaggoth made it turn just slightly to my advantage. :)

Final note, reading your goodbye, I think I just realized who played Flaaayin and it's good to see you're still in the game.

Good luck with your next!