Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectI always said time was the only thing that would kill y...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99493&mesg_id=99503
99503, I always said time was the only thing that would kill y...
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To me this is actually funny for a few of reasons. One because you had 620 hours. Two because it just seems fitting. The village loses you, and the Island loses me, within the span of a day. For different reasons, but still. Three, I think I was a direct opposite of you in a lot of ways.

You far and away were the scariest, deadliest villager I saw in my time, where as Allysia is about as scary as a flower. And you multiplied the strength of the village a lot, but the drawback was they did not have a lot without you, to the point they could barely raid when you were not around, but when you were it was so difficult to stop you or retrieve. At least for me.

As to your char.
I HATED Flaaayin. With a passion. I hated being knocked out. I hated being robbed. I hated waiting out trap effects. And most of all, as I told you, I hated not having a very good way to ever actually deal with you. So I essentially just stopped bothering. Which was poor form on my part, but I simply did not enjoy the log ins dealing with you after a certain point. Geting PK'd is fine. Dealing with all that other crap just got tedious to me.

As to the player, I am glad you toned down a lot of the things people complained about, or at least seemed to. I even logged where you said something that surprised me, but I won't post that because that's something for you to say if you want to. But to me it gave me the slightest glimpse into the person behind this char not being the jerk everyone said he was. After that, I actually kind of began to like your char.

I will just say this in summation. I respect what you did, even if I don't know that I could ever play like you did. I can't fault you for actually having the balls to RP a char that would be so hated. And you did have RP. I knew it. You and I ranked up a the same time, and probably had more encounters than I wanted to. It took coaxing to get you to say much, which really I get since I am someone you want to kill, but it was there.

Ultimately, from a purely objective standpoint, Flaaayin was an impressive character. Your allies loved you. Everyone else hated you. And I am sure that is exactly what you went for. But I am sure the PB is glad to see him gone, and hopefully whatever you roll next will not have some of the more negative mannerisms, and just be one of those beloved deadly SOBs, villager or no.

GL. Though with your obviious skills, I doubt you'll need it.