Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: seriously
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=912&mesg_id=931
931, RE: seriously
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You make some valid points, Cathoir. I didn't intend for the pkratio stat to be a key argument, as it can be invalid in certain situations. However, the "mass slaughter of Scions everywhere" argument is false... I've seen a lot of fights go both ways. I witness a lot of battles from afar, and I'm not as far from the mortal realms as you are assuming.

Zulgh and I have been kicking around a number of ideas regarding Scion, but we're more inclined to move slowly than quickly. There have been recent times, since the adjustment to Nightwalkers, where Scion was absolutely rolling over their enemies. Also, Keniston's point about there often being more Scions than their combined enemies is a valid one. It takes some time to get a good idea of what the equilibrium looks like- it's certainly come a long way towards balance since its inception. We both have a big stack of things that we're working on, but we're paying attention to how things go with Scion.

And to the Scions: If you pick fights with everyone, don't complain when you have so many enemies. Next time, leave that neutral Entropist or Herald or whatever alone, and see if having non-Scion allies can actually work. Deceive, manipulate, bribe, flatter, etc. Make your enemies work for you, instead of uniting them against you. You guys are supposed to have a few tricks up your sleeves, remember? :)

From the pen of:
valguarnera@carrionfields.com">Valguarnera Trisseptia