Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: (DEL) <SCION> Ryfivin the Thief Hero
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=912&mesg_id=915
915, RE: (DEL) Ryfivin the Thief Hero
Posted by Erakee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My personal opinion on your barrier/aura/shield wand argument as being effective damage reduction items for Scions is that it became TOO effective. This from an ex-rager who had to deal with all these damn mages having barrier/aura/shield and the old transform (the one that doubled your natural max hp). Now that was a bitch to deal with.

Look at today, the above wands are limited so you can't hoard them like you used to. Sanc items that existed prior to the coming of barrier/aura/shield wands were plentiful and taken out of the game. Transform is not what it used to be but definitely a helpful tool. Now, by making the barrier/aura/shield stuff limited, you can't hoard them like you used to. The decent sanc items that were around were mostly limited with a few exceptions (Anyone remember the potions from the hobgoblins? Purple or was it deep purple potions?).

My point, just seems like after seeing what new things that the Imms decide to implement, they decide what needs some tweaking. This is supposedly game balance between everyone. I see your point in saying Scions are screwed out of sanctuarys while the goodies have a near monopoly of sanc priests. There is an imbalance and you are right it is tough to RP an evil healer and get empowerment. But is the solution making barrier/aura/shield rods easier to obtain or non-limited so you can have an near endless supply of them? When it gets to that point, who needs a friggen healer and their sanctuary?

Erakee