Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectGood game, good night.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=89750
89750, Good game, good night.
Posted by Althrazn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had some good times. Had many bad. Great fights against great opponents.
No evil looting bastards. I delete because of school, swine flu, solo leveling commitment, and the role I wrote required some feedback and I got none.

PS The changes to the skeletons in Arkham is purely da gayest ever. That place was the most dangerous leveling place for a goodie, ever, and now it is stupid unless you are a pally. Great balancing for one class... *eyeroll*

PPS Not skill whoring still results in pointless deaths. I gave it a try and if I ever try CF again, skill whoring I will go!

PPPS On a good note I love all the cool quests!
89752, RE: Good game, good night.
Posted by asylumius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Apparently they upped the XP modifier on skeletons, but I agree it's not worth it. Even if you can sorta handle it, you're gonna die if someone comes there to PK you while you've got all that #### on you.

Granted, the area was kinda broken before given how easy it was to get vuln (and even double vuln) weapons in time to rank there for mad XP, but I do think the Imms over-corrected the problem a little.

I do miss hitting straight stars at level 15 there though, mowing through undead by the hordes for 600-900 average per kill.
89762, RE: Good game, good night.
Posted by Grobbak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having wrote the area:

It's exactly where it's supposed to be now.

It was too easy in the past - and it just never really corrected enough,
so it was one of the first things I fixed when I reimm'd this time
around.

It was never supposed to be easy mode, sorry for that.

G.
89763, RE: Good game, good night.
Posted by Asyguest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I totally agree it was too easy.

I do think most people would rather rank there for less XP on "normal" mobs than get better XP and deal with the skills those mobs use, but I guess there are plenty of other areas for those people.

Fair is fair though. It's a great ranking area if you've got the group for it.
89764, RE: Good game, good night.
Posted by Grobbak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My intent as I sat down to write it, was to make it a somewhat
risky "newbie" ranking area. (Rats, Bats, Graverobbers)

The rest of it I wanted to have a mausoleum type danger aspect, but
Valg reigned me in from having it TOO deadly.

PS Sorry to clutter someone's death thread with this! =)

G.