Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectDisagree
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88041&mesg_id=88198
88198, Disagree
Posted by Gzurweeg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looting in general

First of all, as an evil duergar AP I can loot whenever I want and whenever I want without any explanation.
CF went dumb direction. I'm blamed for a few full loots in 670 hours instead of being praised for only a few full loots in 670 hours.

If somebody wants to argue about sacrificing things that I don't need or can't use I'm going to remind that people tend to sacrifice my unholy which "they don't need and can't use". They do it solely to make me weaker.

Sportmanship

Bartis was hiding from me for a while and in this instance I was actually searching for him.
He died somewhere and I asked to locate his body, it was in the Ortagonal Tower. A hour or so later I still couldn't find him anywhere so I decided to and check that tower again.
I've got my reasons to think that he is actually hiding from his pk range full of badass mages in a remote area. It maybe a bit fishy from the rager's RP, but I don't want to discuss it here. After all, if a villager thinks that he should not fight a mage that is too strong for him, he is free to go and hide.

Sportmanship also includes following the spirit of the game.
If I found him and make his death almost unavoidable, I *deserved* charges.
The way the fight went gave me a feeling that he decided to die to a wolf instead. I will repeat, I could be wrong in my estimation, but let us assume I was right. I had reasons to think that way. He wasn't moving for several ticks and fought a wolf all that time. Not only I didn't hear any mobs yells tracking him, I also couldn't summon him because he was in a fight and a wolf he was fighting was very hurt when I came in (and it's quite healthy, you can see how many obliterates it took to finish him off).
If a victim really wants to escape from that place from a hunter, staying in one place isn't the best choice. As a warrior he could also retreat along the path or even use drive if he wants to stay in combat all the time. Whatever.

From a sportmanship point of view I consider his action as very cheap, he is trying to avoid consequnces of death (which were *deserved* by me) by using OOC means. Plus, villagers shouldn't really pick innocent animals as their primary targets when a badass mage is nearby (courage blabla).
It almost fall into the same category as dropping link to avoid pk barring breaking rules.

Now, I could let it slide.
Instead, I decided to give some sort of a hint:
"If you go cheap against me, I will make you pay for it".
And while I don't think it is the greatest moment in my life, I also don't consider it as "very very bad".