Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectWell
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88041&mesg_id=88143
88143, Well
Posted by Gzurweeg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First I would give you three examples:
1) As an arial rager (Xubetok) I was at serious disadvantage against Igbah. He kicked my butt a lot, but eventually I got my kill on him by just trying.
2) Azemaerlor had not that many chances against Gzurweeg too, but he also kept trying and finally contributed a lot to my death in the Fortress. The big chunk of that was me taking risks as I was staying around at low hp for the whole raid, but he still had to actually try to make things done.
3) Some cornhole scion shifter sacrificed Gzurweeg's unholy too. Though Isildur in his shoes wouldn't even show up.

People make mistakes. While I certainly wasn't suicidal, I still took some risks. I mean, I see the situation where I could die. But I still walk into it because I hope that people will not see it, or they will screw up or just RNG will save me. But eventually #### will happen. And you have to try to make it happen.
For example, if I'm going to retrieve from the fort against a bard, a warrior and a shifer, I surely prepare well. And I hope I will survive. But I also see a possibility for the death: dispel + double trips from a bard and a warrior. If I don't expect people be clever enough to execute it I go and take this risk. But I may be mistaken about their minds and die. Or just be unlucky and die, or RNG kills me.
If I fight a rager berserker while having low hp I also risk. No, I don't look for death, but it may happen. For example, Bartis almost killed me with that kind of stuff. Or Woldrun killed me with two dbs even though I had barrier. Etc.
Do I consider those risk high? No. But still I see how I could die if people would do their stuff right.