Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Farewells
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88041&mesg_id=88122
88122, RE: Farewells
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This brings up a good point. This is going to sound like a knock on Dwoggurd, but let me stave that off by saying that he's by far not the only one that does this, and it's really not the worst thing in the world. Just a personal pet peeve of mine.

Basically, it seems a little lame to me when people exploit others' role-play to force them into highly skewed no-win situations. I think its because it lacks some level of subtlety. You know the guy is going to have to defend, and you know you're highly unlikely to die as long as you take the right precautions. You didn't catch him somewhere and kill him against his will; you forced him to put his head on the chopping block willingly.

Now, a lot of my Sulye kills were pretty "no-win" for the people I was fighting. But I at least had to go somewhere and *find* them, or they had to get lazy and do something unnecessarily risky which I then took advantage of. Somehow that seems different from using cabal dynamics as a sort of "global summon".

In Malakhi's case, Gzurweeg (and friends) hitting raiding battle was sort of like saying, "Hey Malakhi, why don't you come over here and die for me. Thanks." And of course Malakhi comes, and of course he dies. And Gzurweeg could repeat that any time he wanted, because he knew Malakhi's role-play pretty much obligates him to put up a token defense.

Anyway...off the soap box now.