Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectGotta back thror on an issue or two...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=8484&mesg_id=8498
8498, Gotta back thror on an issue or two...
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... but you're still a top dogg C =)

>It wasn't really this case in particular, it's just the fact that there is a long string of these sort of complaints about you and they don't ever stop.

Kinda agreed, there's been a lot of whining/complaining on this subject since the village renessaince. I haven't had any first-hand experience of the trigger-happy uninduction stuff with my post-change ragers. (5 of them now).

Also, I can only remember person that, imho, got uninducted for ##### reasons. (Merithias(sp?), the other ones deserved it.)

What I don't understand is why the no-ganging rule is being enforced in the neo-village. If you're to be an effective, ruthless army, ganging is a way to go. In addition to that, a group of villagers has way less synergy gains than your average scion group. Especially, I don't think the no-ganging rule goes well together with the no-bash-potionquaffer rule. Even if you're only a quasi-barbarian, it doesn't make sense to cuddle people you hate. Moreso since the current implementation of no-ganging rule has nothing to do with courage.

>You constantly snoop people and then transfer into the Destructor to yell at them if you think they're wrong.

Not that I really have a clue, but I bet imms who snoop people actually hope the snoopees will do some splendid stuff, so that the imm gets a reason to reward them/give them a title or stuff. If they instead choose to ##### up, they gotta be treated accordingly. Every time Thror has talked to me, he's been all nice. Except for once, and then I asked for it, kinda.

>but for the most part you tell them how many people they're supposed to have, often you tell them how to treat other cabals, you've
>entirely placed the what's magical and what isn't debate under your control as opposed to it varying from leader to leader, and so on.

Yeah, the village is a bit too micromanaged, and the no-can-do boundaries are set a bit too tight. Would love to see more leeway to the leaders.
And about the fixed magic flag stuff shrinks the rager funstick a good bit, since almost all the *really* nice items are magic flagged.
Before the change, you could atleast play around with a couple of them. (Humansunder, and that funky mask for example). Now all you can do is to destroy them, and make your enemies wait for a reboot until they get it back.

ps. sorry about the incoherence, I'm at work so I wrote this stuff 2 lines at a time with breaks inbetween.

ps2. point of post: Thror is a pretty nice imm, but the village policies/standards are a bit screwwy