Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=8446
8446, (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 10 00:13:55 2002

4 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Shadows on the Theran calendar Deigreck perished, never to return.

Race:lich
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:562
PK Ratio:69% (closer to 100% is better)

8447, ahh man...
Posted by Rorimac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fun fighting you ever chance i had.. :) you played well i didnt realy rp with you much but i wish i had more.... all i know is every pass through galadon was a ::where deigreck:: heh well good luck see you in the fields.
8448, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by Uelveyye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dang another one goes down!
I had a very interesting time with your character as the Elf leader of the spire. Torn between the need for a strong spire and the revulsion at unleashing another Lich into the world. It was a very fine line to walk, you gave me plenty hours of ponderance when you asked me to used the Magistrates to assist you. I knew I couldn't/wouldn't and was wondering if you would turn to the Scions and strike some unholy deal. But you had been a good magistrate, I always wondered about how "nice" you were =0). I was also torn between IC secretly hoping you'd fail and OOC wanting you to Lich and unleash the pandora's box of how I was going to deal with it.
I was waiting to see if you would cast off the Spire when you turned lich and half expected us to be at odds at one point, just didn't know how far your loyalties would go. The I had to deal with all the Lightwalkers barking at the gate wanting to slay you at all costs. Suddenly I found myself in the midst of threatening, brokering and cajoling them into behaving. Even had one try to bribe me into betraying you when you were off ranking. Wasn't going to happen.
I really hoped you were going to be around a while as it was going to be a great roleplaying challenge dealing with your growing power.

Kudo's on the character and good luck with the next!
8449, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
Posted by Deigreck on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After a two year or so break (I swore I was cured, damnit), I checked out the page and decided to roll a character. My last character was a magic-hating bard. Naturally, I chose to roll a necro. Should have seen the writing on the wall. Had a few mob deaths by 20, many many more to follow. Died many times to just stupid things, many of which because I still played as if I was a solo rager. (Note to self: You were -not- a solo rager) Played a lot... WAY too much to be at all healthy and that ultimately contributed to the quick demise, both deaths to being bleary-eyed and half-asleep to the difficulty of reaching the right imms when seeking out the lich quest.

I do at least have the luxury (?) of blaming a portion of my deaths on my connection which always seemed to die at the most inopportune moments. Indeed, I believe the first was around such incident was in the late teens. Was in the guild in Galadon, connection dies. Half-hour later I'm able to connect. I find that I'm sleeping and can't wake. Check the affects and I'm all maledicted to hell and back. Fine, I say, I'll wait for the attack and see how well I can run. Only thing is, the ticks hit and no poison/scourge damage. I make the connection that an Imm's got me. When I wake up I get the standard "don't drop link to avoid a pk" and a slay on principle. No big deal, just frustrating that there's not some fool-proof way of protecting against honest to goodness isp drops. Again, fate telling me to just delete and try having a life.

Also, another note to self: Don't go tiptoeing around Galadon chasing criminals while you're on the phone getting your schedule for rehearsals. "Ok, and the next day you need to be at..." (manacle Amora) "Uh-huh" (Ah, sunray. That hurts.) "You start at 6:30 and be sure to" (dead? Yeeouch! Walk to corpse.. full-loot? That's just cold) "pencil and call with any conflicts. Did you get that?" Me: "Uh, yeah" -click-. Realization that I just lost gear I'd had for around 150 hours. Doh.

First of all, a huge thanks to the imms. I was just sure that there was a whole lot of wincing when I kept dying those embarassingly stupid deaths.

Tribs

I didn't hate being a Tribunal by any means, but boy did it have its frustrations. Truly did the trib thing to see if I could boost the cabal. Never played an Arb and never saw more than a handful of tribbies around, figured I could help create a foundation. Was frustrated when I couldn't serve in some leadership role, would have loved to seen all the cities with a couple semi-regular magistrates. Made me wince when my first Provincial (who was inducted on the same day as me) deleted at 100 hours when I was sitting at 300 . I don't disagree with the choice in Provincials at all, just frustrated that I couldn't do more for the cabal as a Magistrate.

From all I can see, the changes to the Tribs are for the best. Being able to go off-duty is huge, given the number of tells you deal with about so and so attacking, blah blah. And while I'm on the subject, for all of you who want to think the Tribunals are "corrupt", please play one. Please. I can't count the number of people that tried to tell me something about the law that was just plain wrong or was taken from Arb days. I tried very hard to keep a good watch. To Deigreck, it was a simple thing. You broke the law, you paid. He didn't care why, just that you did. Part of it was role driven, he hated extraneous noise (yells) because he had enough already.

A couple favorite examples:
- 2 thieves in Galadon, one yells that the other has tried to blackjack him. I flag the bj'er, he runs. And then begins the assault of tells: "YOU ARE CORRUPT!" "WHY DO YOU FLAG ME?! HE pushed me down and would not stop, I HAD to attack"

- Goodie conjurer takes off out the east gate. Town's quiet so I head out, summon on the eastern road, he runs. Repeat a couple times. He gets away, I head back to town. Then begins the assault: "I'M GOING TO SPEAK WITH LADY BRIA!" "You just attacked me on eastern road with your guards and I'm no criminal!" Ugh, the stupidity just hurts sometimes...

Yes, there are some magistrates that don't really have it together, and it was good to be able to help them out. Can't come out and criticize them in character without undermining the order of the Spire.

One of my faults was yes, I was too nice. Part of it stemmed from one of the times I tried to be a hardass. Mid 20's warrior has an item for trade. I offer an item that will be very useful to him. He asked if he could try it, I replied he could if I held the item he was trading. We trade, he doesn't try the thing on (likely just "compares" it) and hands it back. I tell him to try again and he instead hands it back. So, attempting to be a hardass, I keep both things, seeing as how a trade was agreed to and technically completed. Tough lesson for him. Well, apparently this incident somehow showed that I had no integrity. I think it's perhaps one of maybe four or five trades I made in 550 hours of playing. Heh.

Bria/Astein -- Always looked forward to some sort of intereaction/dialogue but got the distinct feeling that I wasn't liked. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Dugruain -- Wanted to like you, had some good talks, then something went south (or seemed to). I was very, very disappointed at the tone you took with me regarding a particular warrant. Did my job and, rather than speaking with me about it, you call me out over cb. It was not a cut and dry matter like you think it was, but, as was in Deigreck's character, I refused to complain or cause a stink. Instead, I was honest and basically asked to learn. You asked a question of Brandulir, I mistakenly read it as being a question to me so I responded. Then I get a "Shut up, Deigreck". Maybe I took things a bit wrong, but you weren't -that- in the right on the matter and, in my opinion, handled things poorly.

Thror -- Huge thanks to you for helping to make the character fun (and keeping me going when things were at their worst). It was partly my string of just stupid mistakes and deaths that led me to follow Thror and partly because I enjoy mixing and matching characters/religions. Enjoyed the heck out of our interactions and am sorry I wasn't able to keep things going, had some ideas. Was looking for a con boost from about rank 35 on but I guess it wasn't in the cards. Another case of c'est la vie.

Thrakburzug -- You saved my ass in more ways than just the obvious. Thanks for being willing to share a few words with the feller that helped release you into the world.

Other Imms -- 1: Thanks 2: I'm all but positive that I annoyed some of ya and for that I apologize. ;) Had to be painful to see me running around trying to figure out how the heck to get a lich quest. Was frustrated at the immteraction at rank 49, given that the druid I was using to aid me in ranking (yes, using ;) ) was one of the 3 potential group mates in the past 5-6 hours. Not to mention that I assumed that something would come of it. A painful, anti-climactic series of events.

Though I'm sure I wasn't successful 100% of the time, I decided that I wouldn't complain/whine etc. Should I die, I would not ask if I was getting gear back. Would take most everything as it came, call it a "Trial" and trust that it would strengthen my character somehow. I didn't enjoy running in a group and didn't full loot, until near the end when a certain paladin just wouldn't leave me alone (Not that he should be expected to, but still a pain in the ass when you've got like 5-6 con).

I know I'm going to forget some folks but I'll do my best.

Tribs

Eskelian - It annoyed me that you'd never tell me the whole truth and you contributed to the nonsense of me being re-assigned/almostbooted. Were the first to help me with a couple prep items (proably 3-4 years since I used any) and I enjoyed interacting. Would have liked to have spent some time in the hero ranks with you.

Lobengula - Cracked me up and I enjoyed being around ya. Another of those I wish would have stuck around.

Ueleyyve - Grew on me and I came to enjoy ya. Was hoping you wouldn't prove the same as the last elf provincial and you didn't disappoint.

Rocheval - I was going to throttle you for all the thee's and thous. Ugh, was driving me nuts. Figured you had some connection problems or that I really don't remember how damn good that soup is in the guild. Never had anything against you and I enjoyed having another hero around.

Brandulir - Was glad I was able to help get you closer to hero. Thanks for sticking up for me regarding the distention issue. Though I didn't say anything about it, IC, I appreciated it.

Scion
Wasn't necessarily a Scion-lover but there weren't a ton of folks wanting to be around me.

Dullie - I figured that if I was even near lichdom you'd want to take me out, though our little talk made me question that a bit. Was looking forward to both travelling with you in the short term and some fights later in life... er, death.

Dranolian - Yes, you helped with the gathering of the items and yes, I appreciated it. From rank 30 or so on I began striking deals for aid when the time came. Had I had the time and the con I would have gone to get everything myself. I simply couldn't do that, seeing as how if I played for too many hours I died and if I died once (yes once), I died for good. Had to leave it up to the folks that I made deals with to gather things or it wasn't going to happen. Enjoyed your character up until you started getting restless.

Urden - No real dealings, aside from the issue of your current flag. Would have liked to have interacted more.

Aljern - You shared some of my most wince-worthy moments in the 30's. We always seemed to be the only 2 around and once we got a group together, it usually ended in disaster. (Prime example, getting bashed and killed by a large guard that would have given me enough xp for bash protection)

Orinah/Stargher - Enjoyed both characers, though Stargh had a professed dislike for me. Heh.

Battle
Had an occasional good fight and a ton of rotten, wince-worthy ones. One of my favorites (for obvious reasons) was being tripped to death by Karkanen on Eastern because I'd spammed 41 "e"'s. That just hurt, but it does make one chuckle.

Was looking forward to some fights in the future

Nexus
My first experience was with the conjie that started some sort of crusade against me after I flagged him for his angel attacking me. Nutcase.

Got along fine with other nexans for the most part. Some good times early on with Darantin that seemed to deteriorate later on.

Warlock
Not many dealings (though I'm sure I didn't know some of you were Warlocks).

One recent thing comes to mind: Imander talking smack about me wording away from a criminal. The reason (which I couldn't say IC)? I had one death left and I wasn't planning on losing everything to getting stuck in the Void. So yeah, I high-tailed it.

Herald
If and when I ever got my con under control I planned on hanging around the Inn a bit more.

Entropy
Weren't too many prominent barons around so naturally I didn't see much of ya. Those of you I interacted with know who you are.

Sylvan
Ironically, when I died to Alysrith, Simyar and Jhao, I was putting your gear on a couple mobs to return it to you. Again, a case of being too nice. Well, too nice and a little stupid.

Always made me chuckle to see some camo'ed warder tell me "You'll never get high enough to lich". Then it became "You'll never survive to drink the elixir". Then it became "You'll never reach the pinnacle of the undead". Hehe. You guys get the raspberry.

Maran/Dawn/Drakes
Nothing really comes to mind. A few fights here and there.

Gonna stop on memories there and might add more later. I know I'm leaving out some folks. Raliyas, Fauqi, Belgorrin, Lacasia, Erythrina, Adgento... etc. Some of things I would have said have already been conveyed. Others I'll relate if and when I remember em.

Was fun getting a taste of undeath, considering my first lich quest (when it first went in) failed several years ago. Thanks again, imms.

Deigreck@hotmail.com if I happened to have left out an answer to some glaring question.
8456, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
Posted by Thrakburzug on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you did a good job both with your interactions with me and also with your general roleplaying. I did wince everytime I saw how close you were to dying for good. Good luck with the next incarnation.
8454, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
Posted by Jorget on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed fighting you, alot. There's nothing quite like a necromancer who really tries. I sent you running a few times, and I think I killed you twice. That makes our tally 2:2, though you did gang me a bit both times. *wince*

What I did like about you, though, is that you didn't full loot. I don't know if you were returning the favor, or just don't do it out of mutual respect, but it was nice to see. You stick out in my eyes as one of the Thror followers that I liked. Why the ones that I really like always end up being tribunals, I don't know, but kudos.

Any clues as to who you were before? Good luck with the next, and try living more :p

*sigh* I just realized that I'm going to have to wait for Jaslanna to go before I get another shot at a lich. Maybe I won't be as busy when the next one comes around.
8455, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
c loc "item"
An item is held by someone. (Jorget's on) ;)

In the mid-ranks I wasn't anxious to run into you in the woods and was glad I was able to even the score between us. Regarding the full looting... I hate doing it because I hate how it feels when somebody does it to me. Evil or no, it can just be a really cold thing to do, particularly when it's repeated. Also, and conveniently, I think it makes a strong statement about your self-confidence and fits well into the Religion (imho) The first persion I full-looted was a paladin who would just not leave me alone. Out of frustration, I told my groupmates to go away while I went after him, killed him, embalmed the corpse and sacced everything.

Thanks for being yet another who was indirectly involved in gathering of my lich items.
8453, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
Posted by Bria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bria/Astein -- Always looked forward to some sort of intereaction/dialogue but got the distinct feeling that I wasn't liked. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Well for me, not going to speak for Astein, you had the worst timing. Every time I went to talk or interact with you, you left. If I had free time, I vised and then you came on once I was swamped with people. Or you were off dieing and I felt bad picking on you then. I had planed to talk to you, ok maybe that should read yell at you over questionable issues, on more then a few occations, but for some reason timing just didn't work out.

I was glad when you applied for the lich quest, and got it, sorry that my being very sick was your last week and so I missed it.

As for not liking you well hmm from an IC stand point Bria always has issues with the evil tribunals, they are needed but she doesn't like them, kinda like worms and nasty bugs in the forest, you know they are important but that doesn't mean you play or look for them.
Personaly, I didn't have anything agaist you, just you had the worst luck.
8451, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
Posted by Dugruain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
""Dugruain -- Wanted to like you, had some good talks, then something went south (or seemed to). I was very, very disappointed at the tone you took with me regarding a particular warrant. Did my job and, rather than speaking with me about it, you call me out over cb. It was not a cut and dry matter like you think it was, but, as was in Deigreck's character, I refused to complain or cause a stink. Instead, I was honest and basically asked to learn. You asked a question of Brandulir, I mistakenly read it as being a question to me so I responded. Then I get a "Shut up, Deigreck". Maybe I took things a bit wrong, but you weren't -that- in the right on the matter and, in my opinion, handled things poorly.""

Nothing personal in how I handled it. Goodie Shaman (upstanding Throrite), Evil Lich (failed? Throrite) - I wasn't going to pull you aside and pat your little diapered tushy and say bad boy. Like I said though, just how I decided to handle it IC.

Luck with the next man.

Duggy
8452, Paddlin'
"Evil Lich (failed? Throrite)"

Nah, tattoo was restored. As for patting my little diapered tushy... heh, I still don't think I was in the wrong. ;)
8450, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper -- long
Posted by Brandulir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Tribs
>
>I didn't hate being a Tribunal by any means, but boy did it
>have its frustrations. Truly did the trib thing to see if I
>could boost the cabal. Never played an Arb and never saw
>more than a handful of tribbies around, figured I could help
>create a foundation. Was frustrated when I couldn't serve
>in some leadership role, would have loved to seen all the
>cities with a couple semi-regular magistrates. Made me
>wince when my first Provincial (who was inducted on the same
>day as me) deleted at 100 hours when I was sitting at 300 .
> I don't disagree with the choice in Provincials at all,
>just frustrated that I couldn't do more for the cabal as a
>Magistrate.

I hear ya, being a magistrate is boring as hell.

>One of my faults was yes, I was too nice. Part of it
>stemmed from one of the times I tried to be a hardass. Mid
>20's warrior has an item for trade. I offer an item that
>will be very useful to him. He asked if he could try it, I
>replied he could if I held the item he was trading. We
>trade, he doesn't try the thing on (likely just "compares"
>it) and hands it back. I tell him to try again and he
>instead hands it back. So, attempting to be a hardass, I
>keep both things, seeing as how a trade was agreed to and
>technically completed. Tough lesson for him. Well,
>apparently this incident somehow showed that I had no
>integrity. I think it's perhaps one of maybe four or five
>trades I made in 550 hours of playing. Heh.

Yeah, you seemed too nice, but I wasn't sure what was going on in that undead mind, so I left it at that. I swear you played 15 hours a day, no matter what time I showed up you were around.

>Dugruain -- Wanted to like you, had some good talks, then
>something went south (or seemed to). I was very, very
>disappointed at the tone you took with me regarding a
>particular warrant. Did my job and, rather than speaking
>with me about it, you call me out over cb. It was not a cut
>and dry matter like you think it was, but, as was in
>Deigreck's character, I refused to complain or cause a
>stink. Instead, I was honest and basically asked to learn.
>You asked a question of Brandulir, I mistakenly read it as
>being a question to me so I responded. Then I get a "Shut
>up, Deigreck". Maybe I took things a bit wrong, but you
>weren't -that- in the right on the matter and, in my
>opinion, handled things poorly.
>
>Brandulir - Was glad I was able to help get you closer to
>hero. Thanks for sticking up for me regarding the
>distention issue. Though I didn't say anything about it,
>IC, I appreciated it.

I thought that conversation was the biggest load of crap. I'm still not sure why the conversation was had, the outcome was obviously known before it began and no matter the truth of what any of us said was basically "You're wrong!" which we really have no mortal way of knowing. I was so absoultely frustrated (as you saw in my tells :P).

Good job on the char, glad ya liched, and actually made it to hero. I figured I'd do what I could since it's been weeks since I've had a group that actually got me a level. Made it to 50...and now I'm stuck again :P. Hope ya find the time to play another.

8457, Aww
Posted by Dorgian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to heroing with you around. Having a Lich on your side is a big moral boost, and I was enjoying our little secret interaction which would have only grown as we went on.

Ah well, must really suck finally getting there then dying so soon. Was wondering why you were so edgy about attacking all those people on Eastern, was like 3 wanted heros all bashing each other in and you stood on the outskirts watching. Ah well, if I'd have heroed, I'd have gladly sacrificed myself to give you some health.

Hope you come back soon.
8458, RE: Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by Squid23 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, I remember one time when you were rank 47 and I asked you if you wanted to rank...silly me!

Sorry that you died so soon, but tis better to have liched and lost, then to have never liched at all (And you get to brag ;-)).

-Dysvarden
8459, Role
Will work on a farewell-ish post, but somebody had requested my role at one point.

--------
The fog within recedes... memories rush forward and engulf my senses

I am walking... no... I am carried by a woman. I know her... This woman is...
mother. Yes, mother. I look to her eyes, so blue. So blue. She is peace.
A sudden whistle and dull thud as she lurches forward... I feel searing white
heat. I look down... the arrow has pierced my tiny limb. The arrow protrudes
rom mother's chest. I look to her eyes, so blue. So blue. She is fear. Her
eyes...

...empty.

The crimson ooze drains from her mouth and spills over my body. Basked in heat
as the ice swallows mother. Darkness comes to me from all sides, stalking my
vision. The fog threatens to engulf me, I look to her eyes, so blue. So blue.

She is death.

-----------
Another memory assaults my peace, stronger than the last.

The dense forest canopy allows only thin shafts of sunlight entrance to the
forest floor below. Silence... There are others around me. Allies or enemies
I know not... nor do I care. The path is clear before me.

SNAP

The twig. The only warning before the heat, the intense heat. I look down and
the forest floor is bare. Bare and burning, the scorched earth ripe with the
putrid stench of cooking flesh. The screams... the others flail about in pain.
They crawl... stagger... run away from the danger that has no source. They are
blindness. I too feel the urge to escape... I do not move.

Before me... a great oak, untouched by the flames. The winds howl, the fires
burn, yet the trunk will not bend... will not yield. It is strength. I look
to the forest... the path is yet before me, ever clear beyond the oak.

I am the oak. The path... my path, set before me. The howling winds, the
searing inferno, the torrent of fear. None sway me from my path. It is clear.

I am sight.

--------------
The visions continue as does the pain, unrelenting. . . a petulant child
demanding my attention.This focus I give freely, in return for the wealth
of memories hidden across the fog. With each step upon the path, I learn
more of who and what I am fated to become. The cacophany of soul ribbons
dance in the corners of my vision... They flit against my skin, teasing with
their velvet touch. Willingly, I stride into the unknown, mindful of the
teachings that shape me and how I begin to shape the very world around me.

----------------
The fog swirls before me, creeping tendrils infested with the palpable chill.

Through the haze before me a figure turns. I am met by my own face, my own
form... Yet something is different. This figure stands poised, a present
strength oozing from his very pores. His motions... fluid and without
barrier.

The figure breathes deeply. . . His eyes close as he exhales and a frosty
plume engulfs me. His pain... my pain, is no more. Free.

I am aware.

As the fog once more clouds my vision, the reminders of a hundred wounds stab
at my awareness, they too have awakened from the dream.

8464, RE: Role
Posted by The Mass on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a nice story and all, well written and stuff, but really it doesn't give me any insight into your character. Maybe it does and I'm just too dense to figure it out, but I think it would be nice if you complimented it with something a bit more concrete. But then, I'm not an Imm, so I guess I really shouldn't be saying anything.
8460, My condolences and questions...
Posted by Kaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry that you died so quick and congrats on getting a lich...

Now on to the question. Why on earth did you make me wanted? I always wanted to know because I honestly couldn't figure out why I was made wanted. I never entered combat. I never yelled. No one ever yelled anything about me attacking them... So uh...enlighten me?
8461, An answer, I hope
I can remember a surprising number of warrants I placed, particularly when people complained about them. If memory serves, your warrant was placed because you were grouped with a criminal and autoassissted against special guards.

Eskeliand and Dullameh where in the Mayor's house. One of your group (I'd been watching the group walk around town), a golden jaguar came and attacked and was hence marked. You and the other met up with the jaguar on Park Road where I brought guards. Yes you fled immediately, but yes you were striking the guards and that was the basis of the flag.
8462, doh.
Posted by deig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*cough* Eskelian, not Eskeliand.
8463, Just a misunderstanding then...
Posted by Kaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never entered combat. I was also a golden jaguar so I assume you just thought that Nevar (I think was who it was) was me attacking. at any rate sorry they jumped you so fast.
8465, Wow, that was fast!
Posted by Xaannix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sorry about cheating you out of your gear IN TOWN :) I hope I made up for it when i retired Adgento :P

I liked you from the moment i cheated you. Its funny how a little thing like that can make such a big impression. You handled it very well and were rather calm and composed about the whole thing. You rp'd well and that made me like you. Most people would have threatened me or cused me out or some other stupid rpless crap like that. You understood that i was a thief and didnt whine and bitch about honor/fairness or threatened me..etc. From that time on i watched you very carefuly. I followed you a few times mostly out of curiosity to see where you were going when you left town. I was beginning to suspect you were going for a lich quest and am glad to see that you made it. You made a big impession on me and kinda showed when I retired Adgento.

Just before i deleted we talked a bit...I was a bit surprised about our conversation...to say the least. Im on sort of a CF break now. Drop me a line when if you'd like.

Xaannix@aol.com

8466, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by Rocheval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Despite the obvious IC conflicts of a paladin and a necromancer, I thought you were a decent tribunal and it was good to have you about when there were a lot of criminals. I knew you were like a scion buddy but that was to be expected.

While all my characters essentially hate liches, it's sad that you con-died so swiftly, it must have been a pity for you.

Luck to the next character.

8467, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So my only question is this...

Why did it take you soooooo long to even come ask for a lich quest?

8468, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper

>Why did it take you soooooo long to even come ask for a lich
>quest?

From my standpoint: why did it take soooooo long to get an answer about a quest?

It'd had been around 2 years since my last character, much longer since my last mage. When I hit 47, I started trying to ask about a quest. I went all over the place, finding books on transformation, looking for "sages" and such. Prayed here, prayed there. Finally, I think it was Dugruain that dropped the name of the mob and I remembered, bonked myself on the head and promptly bee-lined it for the wee-little maze that I dread. While I don't recall the exact events, I prayed, waited, prayed again. Went in to the mob, fled. Left. Repeat over the course of several days (I think).

The long and the short of it, I was trying everything I could think of to get a quest as soon as I was able. Tried for a very long time and finally was granted the opportunity.

Big thanks for the chance.

8469, Hey!
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From my standpoint: why did it take soooooo long to get an answer about a quest?

Looking back, it looks like we got you a quest within 10 days of your first pray about the Becoming, and 7 days of your first pray to a source of power who would commonly grant it. Figure in the delays between notifying the right people, designing a fair quest, and having the right people find you online with time to play out the immteraction.... and we're doing an OK job! As one of many Spectres who waited at least that long, I'll assure you that your quest moved relatively quickly.

Anyway, I saw you get the Becoming while very low on CON, and it was cool to see you make it to hero in a tough situation with not much room for error. Glad you got a taste of undeaddom out of it.
8471, Kudos
As with some empowerments and taking into account that imms are real people too (say what?!), I comepltely agree that it was timely. The most frustrating part was not knowing if what I was doing was completely off the mark. Having no real clue at the time where to start from, I would have probably jumped for joy if I got "An Immortal tells you 'Such prayers fall on deaf ears'" or a quick switch into a mob that says "I'd heard about such and such, no use looking here". Had the character not been so far along in hours it wouldn't have been such an issue. Had I played an hour one day, an hour the next, 7-10 days would be a cakewalk.

Invariably, I could sense a collective wince from the heavens as I'd run into another of my long, long string of mob deaths. :)
8470, Lich quest
Posted by Soren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please don't. Seven days is just to that I might even be able to handle it - I just left necromancers for the easy path of Bashers. Must resist, keep whispering 'To few preps, to few preps'. No, perhaps just to level 15, no no no no...
8472, Well..
Posted by Reddyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that sucks man.

All I can say is this...I know your pain.

I know it well...

Keep in mind I had Johan and the company hunting me when I liched (and had them on my ass well before I heroed...where I lost most of my con)...so despite those who say #####...

I know how hard it is.

Good luck on the next.

Liches, despite what couch-quarterbacks like Jhrybian will say, are very tough to make good.

Of course, you, like I, will probably be invincible if given another lich. I know every phylactery, and I know why not to fight others while not a hero lich.

##### me I'm drunk. I imagine only you deigreck, and other potential liches, know what I'm saying.

Rock on man, you did it. Very few can say that.

8473, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by EXB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Over the course of two characters that had interactions with you, I enjoyed your character. A bit heartless and incompassionate, but that all fit. You always seemed very cool and composed...

I'm glad you made it to 51..anyone who liches deserves that much at least. I would have loved to have seen more, but some people just have to go out of their way to 'destroy the liches'. Sucks you couldn't have gotten con as some reward for your fortitude and all. I still don't think I'll get pass that forced RP that took place under the water...especially when I called the Imm on not knowing what he was talking about when he thought he knew my char's belief's.

Anyways, great job. And good luck to the next char you work on.
EXB
8474, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hated you. I had gotten flagged once by Ralio, because someone I was in a room with got slept by an AP. Ralio heard the "die someone you sorcerous dog" yell, came in, saw me (a bard) standing there, and flagged me, then proceeded to swear up down left right and sideways I sang this person to sleep. I was waiting to talk to the provincial, or to Bria (I did note Bria about it and never got a reply) and you came after me. I was irritated then. Then you attacked me once in town when I wasn't a criminal, and thats when I started hating you. I'm glad you're dead, I really didn't think much of you at all.

8477, You know what's great about this?
Posted by Just Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First, you blame Ralio for something she did, which has nothing to do with Deigreck. But the good thing is, you go on saying how much you hated Deigreck, when really this hate was brought on by his good RP. So you can hate him all you want, but the more you hate him, the more you're complementing him.
8478, See, thats what we like to call "background"
I explained the Ralio flagging me like a twit thing, as background for why I thought he was a ##### for coming after me anyway. I had sent a note to both Bria and the cabal as one, so it wasn't like I was just some guy saying "Don't kill me, I'm innocent". He knew I was waiting to talk to an immortal, and thus in all likelyhood innocent, and he came after me anyway. If it was in his role to be a #####, thats all well and good, but it doesn't make it any less dickish a thing to do.

Come back when you can post with your real handle junior, and take responsibility for your posts.
8479, Well....
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(I'm not the guy from the above post. I'll have to do.)

An evil Tribunal killed a person declared (WANTED) by a member of his cabal. Innocent or not, he's well within his role to do that, especially given the number of people who write "But... But.... I'm innocent!" notes to Tribunal, most of which are tripe. If that stopped Tribunals from going after criminals.... well, they'd have a lot of notes.

Take the flames elsewhere, Vlad. Deigreck was just doing his job anyway.

>I explained the Ralio flagging me like a twit thing, as
>background for why I thought he was a ##### for coming after
>me anyway. I had sent a note to both Bria and the cabal as
>one, so it wasn't like I was just some guy saying "Don't
>kill me, I'm innocent". He knew I was waiting to talk to an
>immortal, and thus in all likelyhood innocent, and he came
>after me anyway. If it was in his role to be a #####, thats
>all well and good, but it doesn't make it any less dickish a
>thing to do.
8480, Wasn't meant to be a flame...
Like I said, if it was in his role to be a #####, then my hats off, it was a dickish thing to do. That having been my only interaction with him, I couldn't say. I have no problem with people playing characters who are dicks, as long as it's consistant.
8475, Sorry, chief
>I hated you. I had gotten flagged once by Ralio, because
>someone I was in a room with got slept by an AP. Ralio heard
>the "die someone you sorcerous dog" yell, came in, saw me (a
>bard) standing there, and flagged me, then proceeded to
>swear up down left right and sideways I sang this person to
>sleep.

That's between you and Ralio, has nothing to do with Deigreck. He sees a criminal and, presuming there isn't some glaring discrepancy, he wants the criminal dead, punished, whatever. Yes, Ralio had certain... gifts. ;)

> I was waiting to talk to the provincial, or to Bria
>(I did note Bria about it and never got a reply) and you
>came after me. I was irritated then.

You wrote a note to Bria. Great. Sorry, but there's no way I'm going to hold off on you. Hell, every criminal, right or wrong, could write a note after being flagged and claim they are "waiting to speak with an immortal". If you want to be left alone, get the hell out of dodge, out of town. Hide until you get your case heard by an immortal, provincial, whatever. It looks bad for the Spire to have criminals running around, particularly in town. Trying to claim I should have left you alone is just plain absurd, which goes for about 80-90% of the things I heard from folks. If I get around to writing a farewell, I'll be sure to address life as a Tribbie.

>Then you attacked me once in town when I wasn't a criminal,

I'll call B.S. on this one. However I may have wanted, I never attacked any non-criminal in town. Period.
8476, RE: Sorry, chief
>That's between you and Ralio, has nothing to do with
>Deigreck. He sees a criminal and, presuming there isn't
>some glaring discrepancy, he wants the criminal dead,
>punished, whatever. Yes, Ralio had certain... gifts. ;)

Hey I never said I would have handled it differently. Don't take my post as criticism. I hated Deigreck. Period. If it was in his role to be hated, great. (I'll refrain from further comments on Ralio because then this would become a flame, heh)

>You wrote a note to Bria. Great. Sorry, but there's no way
>I'm going to hold off on you. Hell, every criminal, right
>or wrong, could write a note after being flagged and claim
>they are "waiting to speak with an immortal". If you want
>to be left alone, get the hell out of dodge, out of town.
>Hide until you get your case heard by an immortal,
>provincial, whatever. It looks bad for the Spire to have
>criminals running around, particularly in town. Trying to
>claim I should have left you alone is just plain absurd,
>which goes for about 80-90% of the things I heard from
>folks. If I get around to writing a farewell, I'll be sure
>to address life as a Tribbie.

No need, I've been several.

>I'll call B.S. on this one. However I may have wanted, I
>never attacked any non-criminal in town. Period.

I was outside of the southern gate, but still "in town" and you slept me. Water under the bridge.

8481, RE: (CON) Deigreck the Lich Lord, Bane of the Reaper
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WHAT?!
8482, Holy Geez!
Posted by Young Nastyman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's some kind of time record.

I'm not sure what to think. I thought you knew what you were doing when I traveled with you as Glarek. I think you just hit lich at a rough time...there are like what...60 billion ragers right now? Trib powers don't do much to ensure your survival either.

Anyways, Glarek kinda liked you, but thought you were too soft for an evil Tribunal. Too happy and kind over cb with the "Welcome." and so on.

Anyhow...ehm...good luck with the next.