Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83344
83344, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 22 02:53:19 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Humbert perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:720
83553, How well did enigma work for you?
Posted by Curious warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And what did you use it to do?
83615, RE: How well did enigma work for you?
Posted by Humbert. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quaff potions in combat. I know this doesn't sound like much, but it changes your tactics completely. This ability to cast Word of Recall in combat is insanely good, allowed me to face tigers, entwining warriors, cutoff warriors, centurions, etc. See Hunsobo's comments as well, and the comments of many others who took it. The wands thing is not too useful because you can't use many wands. The only wand I used much was Slow. For nearly everything else, dual wield swords deals better damage.
83628, Were slow wands usable on yourself or others? Both?
Posted by Sameguy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And did you're giantness intellegence cause problems?
83721, I think int is tied to wand use, not sure. Usable on both. NT
83481, Aw. Shucks...
Posted by Liethkim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My ISP has been really spotty the past couple of days, with me getting disconnected at very inopportune moments. I had a piece of -age gear I was saving up for you, but I couldn't log on to pass it to Arrna.

You taught me ALOT. What I learned from you when you took me aside were a real positive force for Liethkim.

I await your evil character with bated breath!

GLWYN!
83426, Awesome character.
Posted by Aeranir1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really were my favourite character on the good team to interact with, I think.

Deadly, highly competent and always willing to throw out advice to the Fortress newb(ie: me.)

I was just really sad that I created the character when I did and missed ranking up/travelling with Humbert and a whole host of other quality characters in Fortress that went on to age die/immort/delete.

Hope to play with another incarnation of yours at some stage and thanks for the good, albeit short, travels.

-Aeranir
83362, Very good character
Posted by Mreash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If it wasn't for you, I think I would have raped that whole fort group on Calandryl. You definitely made me think twice about attacking fort people when you were around. I usually did it anyway, but at least I had to think about it first :)
You and I never really had any issues though, good job.
83355, Sad to see you died. Good enemy and good ally
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only thing I dont like from you is your love to loot enemies to give the loot to your friends.
83354, Man, you were a beast.
Posted by Dolce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only stood a chance against you prepped to the teeth... and even then I needed to get awful lucky with the RNG.
83348, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Want to thank all of you IMMs for this game, all the time you put in and all that. I tried to make things easy on IMMs with the whole role thing to briefly explain the character. Zulgh/Daevryn/coders, thanks for doing all the coding and I don't mind you abusing a few select things since you did all that for the MUD =)

I've already bought the PBF for Humbert since I really thought he'd die way way sooner.

Apologies to everyone on Carrion Fields who has read Vladimir Nabokov's book 'Lolita'. I read the book RIGHT after creating Humbert and getting a few PKs, and then I realised that the protagonist of 'Lolita' was called Humbert Humbert (firstname/surname). But it's fairly obscure unless you're into literature like me so I hope no one was turned off by the name.

Fortress - I met quite a few Fort people I really didn't like as a player, but I can't say that as Humbert anyway. Since it's fairly negative I shan't name any names, hope you guys get better and all that.

Arrna - Humbert (for role reasons) is super shy around women so it took quite an impressive show on your part to have his attention! Note: Always thought cross-racial love would be unrealistic, so Humbert never liked/flirted with human/elf/half females, or anyone non-stormgiant for the matter. Plus you were tough, competent, and definitely a good player considering how you always tried to show respect after killing enemies. Arrna has Humbert's love and her player has my respect =)

Zaknifal - Man you're an incredible beast you could've blown my PK record out of the water (I don't have the PBF up yet so I can only make an estimate of about 200 and a little). Pity you deleted.

Acvilar - was a champ. One day, I want to play invokers/paladins like yours. Mighty, indestructible, single-handed cabal war tide-turners.

Hiajist's player - Sad you quit, you showed me so much elite stuff with various chars. =(

Faltarn's player - One of the main reasons why I made storm sword. I wanted to see if I could do a Faltarn. Prepped decked storm giant sword warrior is really that good. Excellent burst damage, perma-lag capability, able to tank groups, etc.

Twist - Humbert's legacy combo was a copy of Hunsobo's, and I can't stress how many times Enigma saved my big blue hide. I thought I'd regret not choosing a 'power' legacy like Cry of Thunder or Crashing of Waves, but it turned out to open up a whole new dimension of tactics. Though it sure sucks to try to coordinate with a fellow Fort warrior if that warrior didn't have Orb of Travel. I loved Woldrun, loved Hunsobo, Meagara, all of the chars. Keep making more chars.

Ahtieli - I know many players say bad things about you, but I'll have to support you here. For the most part you play an excellent Lich, and even though I was very sure you'd full-loot me if I died to you (I was always very very careful around you) I still respected you as a player. Sorry about the nasty gank on you with Nizidrayt, he didn't tell me that he promised you a one-on-one duel, so I thought it was all fair game (Humbert's completely fine with ganking unless it's an agreed duel or if his player feels sorry for that char).

Zerrla - Sorry about the full loot. I dropped the full loot once on Dujed (lowbie vulture) and the next was you after 300+ hours (I was too pissed at all the Rots).

Various enemies - You know, whatever people like to whine about, I've had incredibly nice enemies. I've died with a super sweet set a few times, and usually got anything the enemies couldn't use back, including HumanSunders, prayer beads, woven gold bracelets, etc. Of course I do the same to all enemies (whether or not they've looted a few pieces off me before) but having it repaid is nice. The only enemy I've actually caught saccing my stuff was Zuktharg or some orc when I was going around killing evils as a lowbie (I remember that was really unpopular, but if you ask me CF PK begins at 11, not 51).

My playtimes are horrible for pking. I live in the +8 GMT time zone, whereas the US times are -7 to -4 GMT, so I have a 12 to 15 hour differential from prime time players. I didn't play Humbert purely to rack up PKs, or I'd only log him in during prime time and not do reccs or sit around chatting and stuff. I'm not sure what the PK count would have been if I did, but I lack the discipline to play a char for 720 hours devoted purely to PK/prep.

On goodies - I've played too many goodies. The RP is restrictive, and the PK is severely hindered by being good. Just look at all the newbie goodies around and I'm like.. wow a good evil pker can literally -farm- them.

Here's the past list of characters:

Benvale (Herald elf conjurer, sucked at everything but got used to CF controls somewhat).

Lene (elf warrior sword/whip flow/fist sucked at everything and deleted early).

Arilyn (human shapeshifter got the alligator which was #### back then so deleted).

Calcifer (first successful PK experiment, chaotic good human conjie abusing crap out of angels with no prepping).

Elsworth - second successful PK character, orderly good arial warrior dagger hand soul/enigma Captain Maran. Back then I didn't know Maran mantle gave flight. And I never figured out why logs of Maran had 3 'mantle of the phoenix' affects and mine always had 2. Fastest Maranation ever, probably because Vynmylak's times overlapped with mine.

Lyrathuriel - invoker character, completely noob and didn't know anything about invoker PK. Got a small taste of potential invoker power from playing her. Invokers get really powerful with stacked hp, full protections etc. Your average 600 hp invoker with no aura/barrier/shield and just protection/shields is really fragile.

Lysander - empowerment attempt, storm giant 2 hander paladin. Given Charity and generally sucked at PK and was uncaballed, got bored and deleted.

Kiel - an attempt at a serious Maran invoker. Taught me a whole lot about Fortress philosophy since I tried to play him as a mentally disturbed and rather violent/vengeful elf, which didn't sit well with Aarn/Shokai at all. Maraned at 300+ hours.

Lothari - next warrior attempt, storm sword/axe fist/cry, I learned a ####load about prepping as a warrior from Faltarn and others in the Fort during that time. Probably one of the pivotal learning characters for me after Calcifer/Elsworth/Kiel.

Adalanthal - elf shield paladin is really hard to play pre-hero, and incredibly tough at 51 with good gear, preps (if you ever need to attack a group of 3 strong enemies) and Temperance/Hope, which made it really hard for anyone to kill me. I think only Cabdru managed to kill me solo after I got used to hero pk and assembled a set. Still, I'd never gotten Defiance on Adalanthal and after him I didn't play any paladins.

Olaf - dwarf warrior axe/hand whispers/gates, I hated how vulnerable Olaf was to physical maledictions, but he was an absolute beast against casters with high svs, 1300 hp, 2 separate lagging specs. Olaf was the first character that taught me how OP assassinate is. Damn you Balrahd :P

Lyriana - elf bard. Feels a lot like playing elf paladin, she was really hard to kill and I geared for progging (I had like 8 pieces of progging gear for a while) and abusing low int chars. Orcs were really really weak against Lyriana. Got bored after a while because I didn't quite understand PK tactics on a bard.

Humbert - storm warrior sword/mace greeting/enigma. First really successful PK char, I tried to PK to my heart's content at lowbie levels, and it worked surprisingly well (because someone told me about the mithril swords when I was playing Olaf or Adalanthal). Lightforged weapons at level 30 and Eyes of Flame + dash-bash or dash-flurry was simply sick. The Maranation was fairly late in terms of hours played or PKs accrued, but I guess he was low level so it makes sense (think 30+ PKs, 100+ hours or so).

I'm too used to goodies. The roleplay comes really naturally to me for a goodie, I just don't know how to RP evil properly. My evils generally talk like my goodies but just kill elves and all that... didn't feel really -evil-. Tried out a duergar sword, an orc, a fire giant sword, a human transmuter, an arial dagger, all didn't work out because I couldn't get into the characters.

BUT I must promise my next char will be evil. My ambition is to play a Haratzi/Chrichuk or any Cerunnir invokers (I remember how incredibly tough Nhil and Lumiere were when I was Kiel). We'll see how all that turns out =) I'll also have to admit that I still have a burning desire to play a proper powerhouse Defiance paladin... someday...

And okay, okay, I admit it. Humbert was made with a few intentions: Beat Kostyan (he was getting famous at that time), beat Niheriva's PK record (154 or something, TAKE THAT JALIM! :P), and engage in a LOT of lowbie PK because I keep hearing about lowbie bashers and how frustrating they are and wanted to test that out myself. It turns out they are disgustingly powerful once you're decked and the competition is more interested in ranking than in PKing against you. Eyes of flame only made it worse because I pretty much became immune to necro/AP, and had the incredibly OP power of 'CB Slept on Eastern' and have FortHealers gate to me and save my arse. Also, this is my first AGE death. Never had a CON death char before, though Kiel came incredibly close (4 con left).

Area knowledge: I'm not -that- good at it. I was very lucky to be taught by a few players and to have explored like crazy with a few of my chars. I still think ST is crazy hard and if they re-open it I'm not going in without an experienced guide. Inferno I've never explored because it takes too long and goodies can't do it if they're Fortress. Nevermind that searing light lightforged weapons are absolutely insane at tearing hell mobs apart... never mind that Acolyte elf healers are the best at healing. Heh :P

Please post if you've known Humbert or want to say anything at all, since over more than 1 RL year I'm bound to have forgotten just about everybody! Will ignore criticism (constructive or not) and bask in the warm glow of praise.
83350, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't get to interact too much, but I was amazed at how much talking with you FELT like talking with a big giant. Actually you kind of reminded me of an Ogier, but without doing anything overt. It's hard to put a finger on what it was that made me feel like that, but it was surely there.

Anyway, great job. :)

Aarn
83358, Hrurhm...
Hrurhm, you mean like this...? *continues flipping through his dictionary will thoughtfully looking at you* Oh my, I don't like the sound of that. *tufted ears flatten as he rumbles away and mutters over the book*

I'm ogier-like in character in real life =P
83352, So long and well done
Posted by thendrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I met you with my first character ever when I started playing this game, and each one after that I tried to interact with you if I could, but I avoid cabals so not really many chances arose except with thendrell. Did enjoy ranking fort guys on the mount with you on a few occassions, trying to see if I could match you for damage output. Dam roll in the 80's wielding a forged heron sword I divine blessed to make it divine power and get the double vuln, and still I was not even close to you.

Sure there are many players that will miss your consistent presence. Take it easy on us goodies when you roll up an evil and start tearing us all up.
83356, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job. I still can't believe I let you kill me that way though, considering I'd seen you do the exact same thing to other folks while playing multiple other characters. Woe is Sulye.
83357, Fought you as Rukar.
Posted by Rob_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope you enjoyed all that nice gear. :) Fun fights, but jeez Storm swords rape Orcs way too hard in the 20s.
83620, RE: Fought you as Rukar.
Man I don't know how you do it! All those orcs I mean. I played one once, it was disgustingly weak. Urrgh. Giant sword way better for midlevel bashing, seriously.
83360, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Habbs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew you as Greae, and then took a little hiatus after deleting them and was shocked to see you still kicking it when I came back and made Rhaehen, but was really glad to see you around still. I got too wrapped up with wanting to learn a lot early with with both of those characters, and if anything I still kick myself for not ranking them up and sticking around a long time at hero if only to have the chance to roll with you and soak up anything that you had learned and were willing to share...especially knowing now you had some conjurer experience as a player that humbert may have been able to make points about perhaps.

I remember watching you a lot and seeing things you had or prepped with and jotting the names down for something to try and figure out later to try and learn where to find them as well.

I have played mostly goodies as well, and although I think my RP is probably pretty vanilla I know what you mean on being unfamiliar with playing evil and being evil. I have one in planning now though, and have hopes that breaking out of the confort zone of being a goodie will help my RP overall and get me ramped up to come back to the goodie side and be more notable.

Maybe I'll see you on the evil side again, and be able to help that defiance pally in the future as well...but I would probably learn a thing or two getting beat on by you as an enemy as well :)

GLWYN, and gerat job with Humbert.
83361, Man, I fought against you so many times..
Posted by Ghrummin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were always a class act against any of my characters. Ballsy and buff as hell also. I think people will look up to Humbert for a long long time as a character that a) the player really enjoyed to play and b) made a huge and positive impact on the game.

Oh, and I'm glad that 'eldest' comment stuck :)

Now go make a Villager!
83382, Hur hur.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Oh, and I'm glad that 'eldest' comment stuck :)

You can blame/thank me for that, har.
83365, Wow, Benvale!? Man that brings me back a long time ...
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=19527&mesg_id=19527&listing_type=search

I miss the old Warlock days :(

> Fortress - I met quite a few Fort people I really didn't like as a player, but I can't say that as Humbert anyway. Since it's fairly negative I shan't name any names, hope you guys get better and all that.

I hope I'm not amongst that list :P Humbert the character was totally different compared to Nian the character, but I felt we had a good vibe going regardless, so I kinda doubt that :).

It was a pleasure and privilege to have Humbert around. I hope I meet the new character(s) upclose too.

PS:
> Inferno I've never explored because it takes too long and goodies can't do it if they're Fortress

Uhm, not true :P
83416, RE: Wow, Benvale!? Man that brings me back a long time ...
Totally liked Nian don't worry =) I was good with most of the chars who got leader positions (somehow IMMs only promote those people who are well liked by other players...?)
83369, Awesome character
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Humbert. I did not want to initiate fights with you because it was a lose-lose. If I win, I take away con from a character I thought was great to have running around. If I lose, I lose con from a character that is even better to have running around :) But you kept insisting, and I'm glad you did.

I can't imagine how tough you would have been if Baer had given you a more powerful third legacy like Riddle. Ugh.

Anyway. I knew most of the chars on your list, liked em, and looking forward to seeing what you throw out there next.
83371, I cant belive how long you have played this character.
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I cant remember if acvilar inducted you or if you where inducted before I became marshall. But when I returned after a years absence and saw that you still where about I was kinda amazed :)

You where an excellent character back then, and im sure you did not exactly become worse as time passed. Especially since characters tend to mature into roleplay as time passes.
83619, RE: I cant belive how long you have played this character.
I remember - Acvilar inducted me. And you enabled a kill on a group of 3 in Eregion with a layhands which was awesome. I want to play Cerunnir chars, especially the invokers! We'll see.
83374, Hell! I've burned through far many more chars than you....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
.... But then again... I play waaaaaay to much. I really thought you had more hours than that. ;)

I wrote my first poem as Arrna, to you! :D Had to change it a bit. But I'll post it here since it'll be posted ingame when I logon and find a bard. ;)

A twist of the wrist makes a mighty rift.
The flames accept yet another soul.

Muscled arms makes the swords go swift.

A gigantic shoulder to the ribs makes the battle shift.

Two eyes flaming with zeal brings a mighty gift.

Darkness vanes, it will not take long.
The dedicant fight for his endless goal.

Evil perish as the flames grow strong.

Light is spreading, it cannot go wrong.

Age takes its toll on our brave knight.
May he find bliss and countless of fish.

The memory of our giant hope will ignite.
May he find bliss and countless of fish.

And man, I REALLY suck at these things! So feel free to laugh at me. ;) I felt like if I did my very best, it would be fitting to how well Arrna writes. ROFL
83423, RE: Hell! I've burned through far many more chars than you....
Oh man thanks for the poem =) COUNTLESS FISH is very very Humbert. Fisherman's son. Hur hur.
83376, I meant everything I said.
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a great character. I know you realize sometimes you don't go overboard with ostentatious rp, but I think you're going to be one of the most memorable characters for a long time.

Good job, I can't wait to see what you play next!
83420, RE: I meant everything I said.
Oh man not true! My RP is crap, I play too little, and I don't play when everyone else is playing, and I sometimes get pissed at stupid deaths (I hate dying for a totally stupid reason, it's more than just the gear thing). And my previous chars were crap too! Hope I can make a good char soon, but I can't make promises about the RP because PK is just too fun.
83378, It was an honor
Posted by Balten on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done, and it was a great honor to have even the little interaction we did. Good luck with your next!
83381, Ugh, you left me out!
Posted by Gahdak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved fighting you though, would never ever back down, but I didn't want to most of the time cause you always seemed to be between me and a goodie mage.

Good job and well done on the age death!
83418, RE: Ugh, you left me out!
Oh man JMC! You owned me with your various characters >.<. I know it doesn't look impressive on a log and all, but Venecfis landing the kill on Humbert was really amazing. You did a great job with the psychological battle, run around and let me think I can win, wait for ticks before re-attempting sleeps, etc. Then BAM slept, summoned, spelled, vaulted. Well done. Then Gahdak later... one of the few people to kill me alone later in my life MORE THAN ONCE.
83466, Lol, I didn't play Gahdak :P
Posted by Lazytosignin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did, however, beat your ass with Kharnial!

You're one of the few players you make this game enjoyable without making it a chore or a hassle to play. A standout character and a standout player!

Then again, you owned my ass when I played Malnch :P

I'd like to play in a cabal with you someday, but I think I may try my hand in the Fortress again next.
83618, RE: Lol, I didn't play Gahdak :P
Oh yeah Kharnial was awesome! And Waris oh man I !$#%!@$#!#@$@ hated that girdle of the anarchs. 4 round lag on missed bash! Kharnial was easier to handle alone since I could always drink return, but wanded up with despoil I couldn't outmelee you at all and had to retreat often. I'm sorry again for the cranial / gank vs 5 Fortressites on retrieval and the subsequent looting by some squire I forget.

I'm not as awesome as you say... I lose my temper, do minor role-breaking, multi-kill people who insist on sitting in Galadon/Eastern, etc too. =( I'm amazed the IMM PBF comments didn't say anything about gearwhoring considering how long I held onto some nice items... still pissed with eshval comments because I pretty much did multi-kill people (still don't see what's wrong with it as long as I don't pick that particular person instead of an entire range of folks to kill).
83383, One less wedding to perform. ;)
You were fun to hang around with during the Padwei days, and I wish
I'd gotten more of a chance to understand what made your character
tick. Good luck with the whole evil thing - I've never managed it myself. :P
83419, RE: One less wedding to perform. ;)
What made Humbert tick? He was rather infatuated with Padwei, that's what :P But of course he wouldn't do anything, since Padwei was married to Una.

I WANT TO PLAY A PADWEI FOLLOWER. And Yean (heard super things about her). And Gurgthock (I love Twist). And Baerinika (I heard bad things about her!). Arrrgh.

BTW as I've posted on your own forum, your writing is exceptional, especially for a role on CF. Keep updating =) I'm a writer myself but I don't usually use my writing for CF, it's always hard to reconcile the fact that characters start at level 1 and at age 16 (human) and I can't develop stories of great significance since the MUD doesn't revolve around that char...
83491, Aww.
Sure, become the only female storm giant in a gazillion hours and
suddenly they all want you. ;)

I want to update the role, add more, but I think I'm just pretty burned
out on inspiration. It was a nice run, and I've thought about writing
some sub-plots focusing on Sinjy, but we'll see. You'll be the first
to know. :)
83388, Awesome, awesome char.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Massive longevity. Great RP. Class act to allies and enemies alike.

My only criticism would be something I think you've already addressed, which is "outing" yourself on the forums.

Oh and just a plug here since I think you'd do awesome with it - one char at a time people! :)

But seriously, Humbert was a great char and I look forward to what you play next. I will say that I hope you have an easier time getting into your "next" char than I seem to. When you age-die a char, the next one seems so flat when you're playing it.

Good luck with the next!
83417, RE: Awesome, awesome char.
Oh man Twist I know what you're talking about... I really thought I was going to die at 500+ hours (Kasir, leader char, 500+) so 720 was a massive surprise. Also, Humbert was really boring to play if there were no enemies around... So I did experiment with other chars, which didn't really turn out well at all. It's hard to really get into another char when you've played one char all the way and had so many interactions and stuff. But I'm sure now that Hummy's age-died I can make another char (evil this time muahaha).

Sorry about the 'outing' everyone, but I figured no one knew my past char list since I've always been really quiet about them, so it didn't do much damage. The brief ROTD talk with you cleared things up, thanks for being forthright and laying down what IMMs expect.
83389, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Tarleton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In case you haven't figured it out yet, you were a class act. I almost picked Arrna to lampoon for my Fort poem, but you seemed so much more legendary. Hope my respect came through during our last chat. Good luck with your next!
83403, Die
Posted by Kostyan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehe. I didn't like you at the start because..well you know. Wimp! You didn't want to die on me! You ganged me! You you..! :) Seriosly, when you stopped to worry about eq and became more brave - it maked you Humbert - not just the storm fort warrior #123123.

PS: I think you should kiss Faltrans ass one billion times. You know why :) Good luck with the next.
83438, Well played Sir, well played
Posted by Iggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Knew Humbert with a few chars, but never really met head to head with Igbah. All I can say is awesome, props, and mega mega kudos....keep them coming

83617, UNCLE IGGY!
I name you, Hunsobo, Faltarn as some inspirations for Humbert. Iggy told me back when you were owning me left right and centre (I think you killed me 4 times) that things will get better for flurry giants as they get more experienced and better... and it did! Thanks for the morale boost!
83490, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Lornkanamas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am drawn to well rounded characters and you were one of the best. I could truly picture what you would look or sound like the few times we interacted, and the name helped with that. It fit you well. My only regret is that we could not spend more time together. I felt I could learn a lot from you, whether it be areas or tactics. I have always played healers or druids, for the most part but you inspired me to one day roll a warrior. Though, I think I will stick with the Light. Good luck!
83518, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Humbert Holdfast the Relentless Dedicant, Eldest Maran
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We played together with several of my PCs but I really enjoyed our fights and the RP that always came with them as Borkahd.

Keep it up and good luck with the next!
83346, Nice job, Eldest
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Humbert was always a relief to have around. Great at pk, knowledgeable and ready to share it, and you were really good at marshalling the troops and keeping people from dying. Simple instructions like "Do this here" or "say X if this happens" really help. Looking back on it now I sort of wish I'd given you a slightly tougher third legacy, but the one I gave you was just so fitting. I hope you liked it. I was sad when you stepped away from leadership but actually just being an Elder seemed to fit you well.

Your past character list is fairly impressive, though Kiel sticks out to me the most. Ran around with him quite a bit with my rather ditzy arial invoker...
83347, Hell! You could have thrown him a fourth legacy (Utility one perhaps?) n/t
n/t
83349, Oh my god!!!
You were AMARANDA?! Goodness! Never would've guessed, well done on IMMing and putting in all that work for the MUD. No really my past chars are so bad, hardly impressive at all =( I hope I can make some good chars (of evil align this time!), now that my confidence has been boosted by playing Humbert.

Vanguard was okay I guess, mostly utility stuff and ironically most useful in extended exploration trips into dangerous areas... which Humbert really hates doing since he wants to PK evil. BUT I can hardly complain about even -having- a third legacy, so thanks =)

Someday after my obligatory try at a serious evil char I must try your religion in earnest =P
83351, Dude you had Vanguard?! Why didn't you tell me!
Posted by Maktess on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The faces we could have melted!
83345, NOOOOOOOOO! This is really really bad. :(
Now how are we going to be able to hold a double wedding? I knew we should have gotten it done quicker as you had so little time left. But I honestly thought we'd be able to get it done in time anyways.

You showed me quite a few things. And already from day one as this char, I had decided that you'd be Arrna's role model sort of. At least in some aspects. Had you not responded to Arrna's tells the way you did, she most likely wouldn't have joined the fortress, at least not for a very long time. (You know, with all the paranoia and stuff...)

Anyways... You've got some cool RP, the PK was insane and you sure have a HUGE area knowledge! Awesome char, awesome Maran. There just ain't enough words!

I really hope you come back with something equally awesome soon. Though this time make it evil. ;) Good luck with everything! And it has been a pleasure!