Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=79590
79590, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 8 08:29:51 2009

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Kasir perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:544
79683, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am so totally surprised! I thought you (Isildur) was Sarien! Looks like I made the wrong guess...

You are the sort of character who is very likeable. Friends and enemies alike regard you well. I suspect you could have bumped up the number of kills you had by a large margin if you brought in a damager/lagger type like Humbert the BashBot (though Flurry is such a deadly finisher that most gang killing blows would go to Humbert). Also I like the general mature, intelligent attitude you had towards CF. Definitely a good player and a positive influence on CF. Your combo is hard to land kills with, and I'm somewhat curious as to how many PKs you racked up in 544 hours. Whoever your next character, I'll probably like him/her.

And I DIDN'T GET TO TUG MIZFARA'S WHISKERS. Anyway, see your next character soon. I know Humbert's about to agedie too. Can't believe you are so patient with the Marshall position, I absolutely hated the interviews and constant tells when there's a whole nice range of evils to fight.

PS. WoW is not all that bad if you can skip the 'grinding' for levels and gear part. Arenas are just about the most skill-based competitive pks (outside of first person shooters) I've experienced, and if you think 'Russian gangs' on CF are coordinated on Skype or something wait till you see the extreme coordination of good players on Ventrilo in arena.
79684, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I am so totally surprised!

Hah. When you said that bit about Mizfara in Veran, I assumed you had figured it out and were just screwing with me.

>You are the sort of character who is very likeable. Friends
>and enemies alike regard you well.

Being a thief who doesn't actually steal from people tends to do that. It's like everyone assumes they're going to get ripped off...then, when they don't, they're pleasantly surprised.

>I suspect you could have
>bumped up the number of kills you had by a large margin if you
>brought in a damager/lagger type like Humbert the BashBot

Oh definitely. But when Humbert's already trashing people left and right, it seems a little unfair to tack on a cheapshoting thief to that equation.

>Your combo is hard
>to land kills with, and I'm somewhat curious as to how many
>PKs you racked up in 544 hours.

74. Which I'd say puts me around #3 in deathfulness for goodie thieves in recent history, behind Brinton and Tanith. It really came down to how the bindings went. If they landed, then I had a good shot at killing someone. If they didn't then I didn't.

>Can't believe you are so patient with the Marshall position, I
>absolutely hated the interviews and constant tells when
>there's a whole nice range of evils to fight.

To be honest, I seriously considered declining the position, and the interviewing did get old after a while. Esp. after Sarien imm'd. But I'm not going to complain- that's why leaders get leader aging. It only makes sense that they actually do something to deserve it.

I will say that I don't forsee playing another fort leader any time soon. If I were in Outlander or something then I'd be tempted to accept a position just for the game-play benefits, but those don't exist to the same degree with Fortress.
79603, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Linden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another good news, second after Sarien IMMumification.

Good pain in the ass, would be a real thorn if you be a paladin or some mage.
79601, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Thought I had a little more time left, but...oh well.

Kasir was fun, despite probably earning me the "broken record" award for consecutive characters and recycled role-play. Initially I was going to play him as a total hardass jihad type guy. Like a goodie version of Osama bin-Laden. His description was middle-eastern, he was from the desert, he was sphere purity, etc. But...I just can't maintain that level of harshness over the entire lifespan of a character. So Kasir sort of devolved into Mr. Jokey Pants the Friendly Marshall.

This may sound weird (to everyone but the imms) but I feel that in a lot of ways Kasir really underachieved:

1. I made some mistakes allocating thief and/or edge points. Basically I never thought I'd get as many points as I eventually did, so I kept picking stuff to use up "extra points" that I might not otherwise have taken.

2. I could have been a better follower to Baerinika, preached more, etc. I feel kind of guilty about this.

3. I could have been a better Marshall when it came to actually "leading". And interviewing. I still haven't figured out a good way to reject candidates. So, basically, everybody I talked with was inducted after we had a short chat.

4. In a lot of fights I either flat out did the "wrong" thing or forgot to do the "right" thing when doing the "right" thing would have landed the kill. It seemed like this happened more often with Kasir than with past characters. There's just more stuff to "keep track of" with this build, and I'd inevitably forget something.

5. I wasted some time as a lowbie trying to work on certain skills when, in retrospect, it wasn't worth it. I wish I had those hours back.

Some thoughts on thief skills and costs:

Gentle Walk: Awesome. A huge bargain at 3 points.

Thief Waylay: Awesome. Even more of a bargain at 3 points. If it gets altered in the near future, then maybe not.

Garrotte: Not nearly as crappy as everyone says.

Shield block: Probably could have done without it. Only time I wore a shield was when I was about to garrotte some beefy person. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I would have survived most of those encounters even without a shield.

Doubleback: Worth it. Esp. as a character without quiet movement.

Weapon Trip: Probably not worth it. I know at least one of my kills depended on weapon trip, but for the most part it wasn't that useful. Especially since you can't weapontrip people who are translucent, which is usually the same group of people who are flying.

Improved Hide: Not worth 4 pts. I had hoped it would work on "cb" and "gt" as well as "tell", but it doesn't. I understand why, so no complaints. Just think it should be cheaper.

Dual Backstab: Definitely not worth 5 pts. I had it work a total of three times in PK, and only once did it actually matter. Should probably be cheaper.

Precision Strike: Probably not worth it. I mean, it's nice for fighting mobs when you have a group, but...eh. I didn't gang people, so I didn't get as much mileage out of it as others might have. Should probably be cheaper than 5 points.

Acane Lore: Definitely useful, but I'm torn over whether it's worth 7 points. Especially since I had the edge that helps prevent you destroying scrolls when you fail to recite them. In the end, I'm going to say it was worth it, but it's close.

Drag: I thing I got a total of two kills by using drag. That is hugely different than what I expected prior to rolling this character. In my mind, I was going to be dragging people all over the place. So, I might could have done without drag. Then again it's only 2 points.

Sleeping Disarm: I think I used this in PK a total of one time. It just has too much opportunity cost. If the guy's not trussed then you're giving up backstab. And, since I'd usually greased the person's weapon anyway, it wasn't *as* important to get it out of his hand prior to combat starting.

Cheapshot/Binder Skills: Obviously useful, but...insanely hard to practice. Especially cheap shot. I only got it into the 90s by borderline abusing my cabal powers. The binder skills are so unreliable in PK until they're at a respectable level that you're pretty much obligated to go spam them before you can be effective.

Now for some goodbyes...

Baerinika: I'll confess, I made Kasir a Baerinika follower partly because of the shelacking I took at the hands of Niheriva when I was playing Waserax. That, and it was a goodie religion I'd never tried before. I found it sort of hard in the beginning, since you relate to your followers very differently than, say, a Marcatis. I also found it difficult to "toot my own horn", which you sort of commanded me to do when we were discussing the tattoo. My default stance around deities is "extreme humility". Thanks for all the interaction, and sorry I wasn't a more conscientious follower.

Ailinilia, Nian, Mina: You guys stand out for having an excellent attitude about the game. You're always cheerful, even when you've just had your face kicked in. Keep up the good work.

Maktess: I bow to your area knowledge. Heh. Thanks for basically carrying me in Tellik's scavenger hunt.

Humbert: My favorite exchange with Humbert was when we were about to fight the soul of veran:

Humbert: "I'll take the van."
Humbert: "Hah. Look at me, I'm talking like Mizfara."
Kasir: "Who's that?"
Humbert: "Oh, just some old Captain."
Kasir: "Huh. Never heard of her."

Xamekan: We didn't get to chat much, but you are a machine. I think we're sort of similar in that regard, based on how we spend our time online. Log on, acquire target, attack target, repeat. Btw, I meant that last thing I told you regarding your tat.

Sarien: I liked that you were always up for a fight, especially in situations where I probably would have exercised more caution (perhaps wrongly). You generally kept me from being wussy.

Lortas: Keep your head up.

Woldrun: Not sure why, but we had a good relationship. Which is funny, because if you go by the "reputation" command then I could not have been more hated by the Battle cabal. Seriously. I was at the "one asterisk" level. I'm glad you didn't have a means to check that.

Firhindil: Sorry I couldn't prevent you getting assassinated that one time. Thanks for not destroying me because of my addiction to scrolls.

Nidblot: We had a weirdly cordial relationship. To the point where it was probably bad role-play on my part. But you seem to be a good sport, and I like that.

Ahtieli/Satebos: Thanks for not looting me. Much. Ahtieli- I only resorted to stealing from you that last time because, honestly, there wasn't much else I could have done. Generally I avoided stealing from people "just to be stealing".

Dierj: I hate the tiger form with the white-hot heat of a thousand suns. Fighting you gave me flashbacks to Kharnial. Except this time I couldn't vanish. Some day I really need to figure out how to be more efficient at gambling.

Caztor: I hate wasp-o-tiger even more. You pretty much shut me down whenever you were online. If I got someone choked out in the open and tried to bind, I was incurring a significant risk of death.

Ikanu: You're such a polite guy. Heh.

Tameron: Dude. I totally flubbed our last encounter. I had scrolls of storms on me. You were writhing. All I had to do is recite. I am teh dumb.

Victacar: Man did I want to kill you after you punked Humbert. I'm sure you can figure out why I was toting around that stupid felar merc last night. C'est la vie.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Now I can look forward to being eeeevillll again. w00t.
79604, Good times, my friend.
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice job. Fun theory-crafting.

You know what I want you to play. Go rager!!
79605, Man, o, man...
Posted by Taeranduu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was always a pleasure having you around for morale and company. Not too mention your detect hidden was always reassuring.

You'll be missed, and GLWYN, even if it is for team evil.
79606, Solid work and Solid character
Posted by Victacar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dangerous thief, despite what you say. A binder on a non-caballed rogue is so dangerous. I had to come up with creative ways to not stay asleep. If you slept me and got a few key binds off, I was done. You killed me once straight up (solid work) and another time indirectly. I got away, but hit my teleport potion and ended up near the Outlander cabal with hands bound, blindfolded, legs bound. Needless to say a juicy duergar thief bound-up package sitting near the Outlander cabal visible for 24 hours is not one that lives long. I was summarily killed by an Outlander ranger, I believe Mreash or Calue.

So you were a solid thief and changed my playing tactics drastically. I also became much more cautious when switching areas. As you had a habit of camping just outside of the areas I patrol to ambush me. Many times I would get to North Sumner Crossroads and scan east to make sure you were not there, and there you were, waiting :). That, of all things saved me more times than I can count.

Take care and good luck with next.
79608, RE: Solid work and Solid character
Yeah. That was the only way I figured I'd get you. Though, I should have started using some other place besides North Southerspring after the first time it failed to work.

I still think I could have gotten you that last time, when Ikanu flew to your rescue, if I'd just blindfolded first. I figured help was on the way, so I was trying to do hands/legs before it arrived. If you'd been blindfolded then, after I got the hummingbird jacked, you wouldn't have been able to wake him. Meaning I could have concentrated on you.

Just another example of me flubbing a PK encounter.
79611, RE: Solid work and Solid character
Posted by Victacar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't call it "flubbing". Hindsight it 20/20, especially on PKs. Do know from my side, binding my hands kept me from actually killing you in that situation, so, in retrospect, you may not have gotten the PK but without you knowing, you kept me from dualwielding a blackjack or dagger to reengage you and with a grizzly bear and me keeping you from fleeing, there was a good chance of you dying.

Anyway, no flubbing that I could see.
79609, Bye bye
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) pk tips and general advice. I'll just keep doing my thing, in that respect, and I'll get there :P

More importantly, thanks for being a good friend to Nian. Very approachable, always ready to help, and a strong force to have walking next to me. We did some fun things together.

That's another one down I'll miss seeing around ...
79610, Nice character, Isildur
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was this character honorbound? Every time you strangled me I expected to wake up to a fort gang (especially if you did it while I was chasing some Fort guy), but it never happened - eventually the blindfold fell off and it would just be you.
79613, RE: Nice character, Isildur
Nah. I just don't see the point of calling in a gang against an opponent who I have a "semi-reasonable" chance of killing by myself. With you, maybe I really should have called in others. But I got close a couple of times fighting alone, so I figured it wasn't called for.
79627, Yeah, nice attitude.
Posted by Firbuhr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed having you around. You were very sportsmanlike and very dangerous.
Keep up the good work, Isildur.

As for fumbling at crucial moments I feel your pain. I felt _very_ lucky sometimes when I fought you. My only regret is I missed a parting blow that one time I had a chance at knocking you:

The Avenue of Conquest

Kasir is here.

((1154hp 466m 751mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
The Imperial Square

Water flows from a beautifully carved onyx fountain.

((1154hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) Kasir evades your
underhand with surprising agility!
Kasir yells 'Help! Firbuhr just attacked me!'
Kasir has a few scratches.

((1154hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
You get in one more shot on Kasir as he flees.
Your parting blow MANGLES Kasir!
Kasir has fled!
Kasir leaves east.

You close into Kasir with some strong thrusts up under his ribs.
Your underhand strike MANGLES Kasir!
Your underhand strike *** DEMOLISHES *** Kasir!
Kasir is covered with bleeding wounds.

You swat Kasir's searing light away from you.
Kasir's searing light EVISCERATES you!
Kasir parries your beating.
Your defilement DISMEMBERS Kasir!
Kasir dodges your defilement.
Kasir is gushing blood.

((1103hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
You get in one more shot on Kasir as he flees.
Your parting blow MASSACRES Kasir!
Kasir has fled!
Kasir leaves west.

Kasir has arrived.

You feel a ligature of wire wrap around your neck!
Kasir's garrotte mauls you.
You yell 'Help! I've been garrotted by Kasir!'
Kasir is gushing blood.

((1079hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
You dodge Kasir's searing light.
You parry Kasir's searing light.
Kasir's searing light EVISCERATES you!
Kasir dodges your beating.
Kasir is gushing blood.

((1031hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
You can't do that to fighting people.
Kasir is gushing blood.

((1031hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) People near you:
(PK) Kasir The Imperial Square
(PK) Firbuhr The Imperial Square
Kasir is gushing blood.

((1031hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) No way! You are still fighting!
Kasir is gushing blood.

((1031hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) No way! You are still
fighting!
Kasir's searing light DISMEMBERS you!
Kasir's searing light DISMEMBERS you!
Kasir parries your beating.
Kasir dodges your defilement.
Kasir dodges your beating.
Kasir is gushing blood.

((915hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) No way! You are still
fighting!
Kasir is gushing blood.

((915hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) You lunge at Kasir and stab him with the Shadow Dagger!
Your stab *** DEVASTATES *** Kasir!
You twist your dagger further into Kasir's shoulder wound!
Your twist MANGLES Kasir!
Kasir is convulsing on the ground.

((915hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
You fail to get in one more shot as Kasir flees.
Kasir has fled!
Kasir leaves north.

((915hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy ))
Zaldrick: in the second table I see when I type cabalwars does the row
correspond to the cabal taking the item and column to the cabal whose item is
taken? or is it the other way around?

((915hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) They aren't here.

((915hp 466m 749mv full civilized 11 AM cloudy )) People near you:
(PK) Firbuhr The Imperial Square
79643, RE: Yeah, nice attitude.
You surprised me by being enlarged there. So I had to fail once to figure out you were enlarged, take some hits, run away and eat a yellow root, then come back and get my shot at you.
79614, Blessed be the Heartseeker
Posted by Tameron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You definitely got the better of me on more than one occasion. That last time I knew you were tracking me. Once I saw you vis for a little while, I figured you were messing around with Zardala, so I let my guard down. I think if you would have went with a straight backstab, you would have killed me outright. One of the few times garrote failed on me.

All said, good job. Sarien, now you...woe is Fortress.

I <3 c locate heartseeker
79618, RE: Blessed be the Heartseeker
Can't backstab people who are lower than about 80% or 90% health. Backstab would definitely have killed you if I'd been able. It's possible that knife would have, but I kind of doubt it. I'm thinking the scroll would have done the job, which is really the whole reason I carried them around in the first place. Of course, when it mattered, I totally forgot about them.
79619, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our brief interactions, you always seem to pump out good quality characters. Keep it up and good luck with your next!
79626, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Ikanu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Short of Yanacek (who was completely broken), I've never been as cautious of a thief as I was when you were around. I wanted to get you, but I knew that realistically there was no way I could unless it was in a raid and I got lucky. You were too slick and bear claws can only get me so far.

I should gripe about heartseeker, but for reasons I won't go into, I really, really can't do it. Heh.

As always, good job.

79628, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Eolin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Watching you in action was fun, especially since I've not seen a really deadly thief in straight-up melee that I recall. Sorry I never got up to hero range before you checked out, shaman and thief would be a fun combo. I'm usually pretty slow at ranking though.

Thanks for the interview and induction. I did get the impression your interview was a little easy - at one point I felt like I misstated something and had myself backed inadvertently in to a corner, but you didn't press the point. I know what you mean though, especially as a goodie. It's very difficult to turn an applicant away who doesn't do something blatantly stupid. Anyway, I appreciated you going easy on me regardless, I'm out of practice!

Good luck with your next.

Eolin

79630, I was just telling someone that this was my fav char of yours Isildur.
Posted by Aeinrez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice that we weren't killing each other for once.

You'll be supremely missed.
79632, A great character
Posted by Lirieleth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you were around, I had to completely alter my approach to retrievals, and even raid defense at times. Knowing that you were sitting around waiting to garrote made things very unpredictable and often impossible, since I was forced to rely on forms that I otherwise would not have used. When you, Caerga, and Sarien raided once, I completely lucked out that you missed the garrote while I was in a non-defensive form, and managed to escape (although I'd done my share of damage to you and Caerga).

I read a log on Dio's once, where someone teleported into an area and was immediately strangled by you. I died two or three bad teleport deaths due to complete paranoia about being strangled from teleporting into your region. Any time I couldn't get to a remote wooded area meant I was teleporting again. I can't wait until my char learns IC that you died. That I, as a player, give a sigh of relief to your absence shows just how influential you were. Kudos to you on a great character, and good luck with your next effort.

Liri
79633, RE: A great character
>When you were around, I had to completely alter my approach
>I read a log on Dio's once, where someone teleported into an
>area and was immediately strangled by you.

Heh. Either Caztor is phenomenally unlucky or he's just lying. At the time, I figured it was the latter. I was only waiting for him in that area because Xamekan had reported him resting there some time earlier, and I figured it might be his "safe resting spot". So I went there and waited to see if he'd come again.

To be honest, most shifters were pretty resistant to my tactics. Especially scion shifters when you had powers. In your particular case, let's suppose I get you choked out of form and manage both curse and bind hands/legs.

Now what are my options? Well, if I think you're not flying then I can wait out the garrotte duration and try to wake/trip. But if you are flying then I just gave you the chance to shape crocodile before I can backstab. So now I have no chance.

Alternately, if I think you're flying then I can backstab. But crocodile's damage reduction and regeneration, plus despoil, make it so that even if I get you writhing on the stab, most likely I can't finish you before all the bindings fall off. Then you just flee, run a few rooms off, revert and teleport.
79634, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding...
Posted by Tellik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had a weird relationship. I appreciated that you didn't go vengeful on me for robbing you so many times. Maybe you didn't notice, but I find it hard to believe that you didn't notice your Deluge dagger and a couple other really nice things go missing right after brief chats with me. I also appreciated that you didn't seek vengeance on behalf of all the forties I robbed before helping with Defiance so many times. I was always afraid you might decide to try robbing me back, so I was careful to take precautions against it. From reading your post, I can see why you didn't.

Aside from passively robbing you occasionally, I tried to keep things lighthearted and cordial with you cause you were one of the few people who could prove a serious threat to me if you chose. The most frustrating thing, though was that I would steal good stuff from people and pass them off to people I traveled with, only for you to steal it from them cause they were evil. That exotic fan I asked you about was one such item which someone suspected you to have stolen. After that, I chased you around for a long time trying to get a peek at you, and finally you slipped into your guild. That was probably the most annoying thing to lose in such a way, especially considering what I had to do to get it, and how reluctant I was to give it to that individual in the first place. I suspect I will never see that fan again *sigh*.

It's great to hear your evaluation on your thief skills. You saved me the trouble of taking some of those skills myself on my next thief and wasting the points. You definitely convinced me on the coolness of garrotte to. My next thief will definitely be a binder.

Well done on Kasir, and good luck with the next.
79635, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Mizheng on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude I cant believe I didnt get a mention!

I'm so HURT right now....you suck!

Anyways :P

Kasir was definately my favorite/most hated enemy. You are the only char I kept a running tlly on in terms of win/losses (Kasir 3 Mizheng 0) cause ever since that first encounter in FoN I wanted to get ya. I mean I could NOT believe you walked into the VERY END of FoN against a RANGER and managed to knock me out.

But even THAT wasnt nearly as bad as the 2nd death. The first one when you got me while I was getting back the Sceptre from the Village was ok cause I DID get the Sceptre back first...but when you actually managed to get me in a forest (admittedly at the Fort) I could no longer tell you to 'stay out of my woods'. Damnit.

You really suck for dying. At least it was an age death. Wow. Now ill NEVER catch up. Just ONE kill on you and I woulda been happy. Damnit damnit damnit.

You may have made mistakes with everyone else but to mizheng you'll always be Lucky Kasir. And if you are going evil....*wink*

79636, Ah - I always wanted to say you had the luck of the Irish.
Posted by Dierj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man could you escape at convulsing better than anyone I know! We definitely had some good times. You did hit one double backstab on me, but it really didn't matter much. Anyway, I liked Kasir for the most part in my incarnatinos that dealt with you. Good luck with whatever and welcome back to team evil, unless you aren't a scion. :)
79637, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well...yeah, I won't disagree with you. You started off awesome, and I tatt'd you a little early cause I was going on vacation and I was thinking you'd keep coming back to keep on discussing the higher meanings of my religion and such. Then again, if you weren't a big fan of my approach I certainly can understand why you'd duck out! Generally, I said it all on your pbf even though reading it now I cringe at some of the typos...I telnet from work so my stuff is a lot sloppier, so sorry about that. Same with the typos in your echos. (whoever made those prettier on Dio's, thanks)

Good luck on your next. Hope to see you around one of my incarnations/cabals.
79641, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
I think maybe your going on vacation had something to do with my not stopping by. Like, I got into the habit of not doing it for a week, or ten days, or however long it was, then just never got out of that rut. That's not an excuse, obviously, but maybe it's at least an explanation.
79640, I greet you, Kasir bin-Hashar.
Posted by Woldrun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Woldrun: Not sure why, but we had a good relationship. Which is funny, because if you go by the "reputation" command then I could not have been more hated by the Battle cabal. Seriously. I was at the "one asterisk" level. I'm glad you didn't have a means to check that."

I would have assumed that was from attacking so many evil ragers. Which, really, doing that won't get you (as a non-mage non-enemy-cabal) attacked by Woldrun unless you're ganging them.

Plus, you gave me great scouting, you were a good contact in the Fortress, we saw eye-to-eye on a lot of things...

I just wish you had stuck around as your arial warrior that Borkahd and I ranked with a lot. :P

Quality char, as always from Isildur. Good luck with your next.
79642, RE: I greet you, Kasir bin-Hashar.
I haven't seen the code, but I'm going to guess that it had to do with me using so many magical preps. In the grand scheme of things, I didn't kill all THAT many battle guys. But I did quaff and recite like they were going out of style.
79644, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Grikt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really surprised you saved my ass there when you had me garroted and that shaman was coming for me. Relief. Left a big impression on me, that's what good should be occasionally, a little merciful at times even to the most bloodthirsty low down bastards. I don't think very many good characters should be that way, but a few probably should, and it was really nice to see it after three years of playing this game and it never happening.

I was AFK when you killed me at the village, but I shouldn't have been taking a piss like that anyway. :)

Good luck with the next.
79649, Thanks for forgetting the old dwarf :P
Posted by Raner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You suck.

A very well played charcter and a well played thief.

I enjoyed the roleplay, and thought you did a fine job of marshalling.

Nice little bit of RP at the end.

GLWYN
79653, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Nidblot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dont think my withers took to many years from you. Sorry if they did, but blame the imms for not revamping the class:).

Kasir was a great char. Always up for a one on one fight. And garotte seemed to work just fine for you. Said much of what was needed in the game, so just lots of props, and good luck with your next.

Cheers
Nidblot
79658, Good times
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sarien: I liked that you were always up for a fight, especially in situations where I probably would have exercised more caution (perhaps wrongly). You generally kept me from being wussy.

I didn't think you were wussy. And, I tend to play a little aggressively when I'm in a defensive class like a pally ;). I also tend to forget that not everyone is as defensive as I. We had some really impressive kills together. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with your next.

-Sarien
79689, RE: Good times
This advice is to both you and Anliltuel, but I'm responding to your post since yours is chronologically first:

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE WITH YOUR AREA.

DO NOT OVERREACH IN YOUR PLANS FOR YOUR AREA.

Basically, don't pull an Isildur. :)

That is all.
79659, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding...
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't really get to know you as well as I think I should have,
but that's how it works sometimes. Hiding classes tend to be
loners a lot of the time. Overall I liked the character though,
and glad I could be your guinea pig now and then. :p

Good luck with whatever's ahead.
79660, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding...
Eeeeeevvvvillllllll. nightlaugh.
79664, Good thief...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
THough I wish you would have played more like your role start. Osama Bin Laden, type leader.

I think I interacted with you with a shifter I was messing around with and a goodie conjurer, Drue.

The fortress does seem to pile on the newbies and during my play times at least, there was not a lot of focus on heroic raiding/re-raiding type stuff. I would have liked to have seen you take a more take charge and improve the newb type attitude. WIth some guidance, the fortress could be a force to reckon with instead of the death pool. Its probably much harder to do that though playing a thief of all chars....

Not like I can talk much, whenever I play a fortresite, I seem to have little time, and am relagated to a few logs ins a week.

DOn't take that as a negative. Awesome thief.

79668, Thanks for the induction, and for lisening to my rambles...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I hope I didn't bore you with my longs chats and explenations. ;)

Cool char, now I've fought both with you and against you. (though mostly against you. hahaha)
79676, Thank you for all your help.
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even though I didn't always heed your advice, it was very nice to have you around telling me what nasties were lurking in the shadows. Thank you also for staying out of my way in my futile attempt to solo pk with this character.

I'm not surprised at all that this was you. Good luck on your next!
79704, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding Star, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Noctrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice job with the character. I will say Kasir is the only character I had to worry about because you were very skilled and I couldn't see you half the time. A bad combination.

Early on I had the better of our encounters causing you to die a few times so I wasn't too worried about you in all reality. Man was that a mistake...

However, I do recall the first time you got me. I had 8 Marans in my range, and 4 other enemies. No one else on my side. That is honestly how much of Noctrell's life has been. (Makes for some fun action though). You were not one of the 8 at the time. About 4 had logged off and I had built up enough of an army. I quickly went to strike and got the Codex back, and you must have just logged on. I was walking out of the area (and I was actually going to log off. I still am pissed for not just wording!!)and you gaurotted me. After what you did to me there, my only thought was (stupid Immortal who knows too many secrets) I thought about how that went down for two days wondering what in the world I could have done to prevent me from dying. After two weeks I finally came up with a way to prevent that but never had a chance to do it. Very nice job! I was extremely impressed and very irritated. That was the first time I had died in like 3 months. You left every single piece of clothing which thus made me think you were an Immortal even more because you had to use all those tricks and then didn't touch anything of mine. I respected you from then on. I knew at that point, I didn't want to mess with you, but if I ever did kill you again, I would make sure everything was returned.

As for the time where IC I complained about you and the Dark-elf Transmuter killing me. I knew full well that it was not the case. He jumped in and you had even told everyone in the room not to fight me. I just was trying to get you in trouble so you would leave me alone. I know I spoke to you about the terrible odds I always had and I know deep down you hated playing on the side of complete power. It had to be boring having only me to hunt with all the other Marans and villagers some of those days.

You and I had so many battles that ended up in us just both waisting tons of preps but it was lots of fun! Considering at one point I had only 6 deaths and you were a part of 3 of them, you should enjoy knowing that.

Come on to the Darkside! We need help at least at the times I play :)

Noctrell
79743, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Kasir bin-Hashar the Guiding...
Posted by Traphe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character, quite enjoyable to fight although typically it was one sided.

Was wondering when you were going to age die since it seemed like whenever I was on, you were either already on for awhile or would log on not too long after.

I know I accounted for a least one of those kills where just about all the bindings took hold.

But I enjoyed the fights and the fact that you usually didn't call all of the fortress to come help, then again I usually didn't call any imperials since there were rarely any on anyways, and you seemed to always get a gag on me. I definitely learned to hate thief waylay.

79814, You were hard to face
Posted by Pique on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Dont think you missed one garotte on me. Waylay made me curse so many times. Still thinks its extremely potent. Considering if I had anyone who could help out it totally took away that opportunity to notify anyone before the gag came. The instance where I did die was me running away after backstab but having to wait out the bindhands for 19 ticks. Also was a healer on at the time I couldnt even notify. Then i had to run away blind with one wield and starving without being able to quaff or untie for those 19 ticks. Ended up running into maktess and dying.

So annoying. I was afraid of that waylay. Especially if another of you shows up with intentions to gang. That will be truely annoying!

Thanks for not stealing from me though. So many times I could have lost my exotics.

I wasnt trying to knock either of you on the log board on the kill of Linden. Although you did beat my butt there. I had been following him to there from a lot further away.

79826, RE: You were hard to face
That was another example of a PK encounter I "flubbed". I can't say for sure, but I'm almost positive I had faerie fire scrolls on me at the time. That's the whole reason I carried them around: outlanders and rangers. And, of course, I forgot to use it. Woe is Kasir.

As for Maktess...you didn't just run into him. I saw you duck into Drogran Hills and chameleon, and I knew Maktess had One With Shadows, so I told him to come get you.
79842, Maktess had Maelstrom, Isildur. Not One with Shadows. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
79844, RE: Maktess had Maelstrom, Isildur. Not One with Shadows. NT
Whatever it's called. The "see hidden people" legacy.
79913, Nice one
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad I figured out that you are doing steal 1. fast enough and got some useless #### from girdle.

I hope we will keep our tradition of me solo killing your chars in future :P.

You were tought and ballsy and played thief the way that makes me belive they are not all gays.

Good luck.
79918, RE: Nice one
Thanks for the praise, but...

I will go out on a limb and suggest that if I had played Kasir like you play Ahtieli, you probably wouldn't be complimenting me.

That's not to say you're a griefer, or that you play Ahtieli "poorly". Just that you are cautious in ways Kasir often wasn't.

That doesn't mean you should play Ahtieli any differently than you are now.

It may mean, however, that you should not view negatively a thief who (unlike Kasir) decides to play cautiously (like Ahtieli).
79598, Gah! I didnt expect this at all! So bummed now!
Posted by Lortas. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were always awesome. Thanks so much for being such a great friend. I had no idea you were close to age death. I assumed with being marshall youd have a lot of time left.

Thanks for the recommendation so long ago. I am really not sure what to say. You were the guy I'd go to the ends of the earth for, but you never asked anything of me.

Hope you come back to the fort.

PS
Have you ever played world of warcraft? When we talked your speaking style reminded me very much of someone named Mirth. Know its unlikely but I thought I'd ask.
79602, RE: Gah! I didnt expect this at all! So bummed now!
Nope. I'd have to buy another compute to play WoW and...well, I already have one gaming habit too many.

Originally I was going to try to do Kasir's speech like Indiana Jones's Egyptian friend from Raiders of the Last Ark. Basically super polite, even to his enemies, and really overdone. That's why I called everyone "master so-and-so". But for the most part my speech habits were just...me.
79595, Another age death
Posted by Thendrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't do much together, but Ailinilia told me you had age died right as I did. Age dying at the same time, kind of random. Bad day for the light I suppose. But from what I saw and more from what I heard of you, you made a good Marshall. And thanks for the help you gave me from time to time, thieves are one of the more useful classes to know.
Take care.
79592, Quite a loss for the Fortress...
Posted by Vythigor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I really enjoyed spending time with you. You and I knew that at times we would be at odds and respected each other quite a bit. I thought it was very classy of you when I traveled with evils to waylay or garrote but never really strike me... while you took care of my evil groupmates. I know for a fact that other evil thieves were very cautious of you. Well played and really hope to see you in your next reincarnation.

I would love to hear your thoughts on your thief build, class successes and failures, etc.