Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Charunycain the Bloody Heart of Courage, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=73413
73413, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Charunycain the Bloody Heart of Courage, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 22 18:22:20 2008

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Charunycain perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:220
73446, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Charunycain the Bloody Heart of Courage, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by xherves on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i really had alot of respect for your char. you owned me allways, so i tryed to avoid you... i was looking forward to fight you once i had entered hero, but that wont happen :-)

i hope to see you in fields agian soon
73415, Fast, but furious.
Posted by Grysh-Icthaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, it's done already. In a way this is how I like my characters, a ton of wild stuff in a relatively short amount of time. I could've sought out more con, and I even turned some down but I loved Charunycain way too much to not play him nonstop and that is detrimental to real life so in a way I am relieved he con died. I'm travelling to Chicago this weekend so it's fitting that he died now and I won't have the pleasing but heavy burden of him on my shoulders.

Geez I feel like I have a lot to write but I don't know where to start.

In regards to the character itself, he was never overly deathful and I never went a long time without dying/having to regear but that is just how I choose to play the game. Particularly at the end, with the imm rewards I had received (I felt a bit guilty because i'm not sure I deserved all of them), I really think Charun could've been pretty damn powerful if I picked my spots and didn't do anything too stupid I could've become even Pillar worthy (that was a goal of mine when I first saw Acaga kicking ass and taking names with my very first villager Liurnya - Vinmylak tattooee). But alas while I tell myself that's what I should try to do, it's just not my style. I tried to generally be cool to my fellow CFers, and despite a full-sac sequence between us and Nexus I think most of the people I interacted with were cool (with some exceptions but i have no wish to dwell on the negative in my goodbyes).

Baerinika : I had qualms about making a follower of yours and now i'm not sure why. You were pretty awesome and I loved the fact that you would just take a moment to give me a bit of encouragement during super hard times. Thanks for talking me out of rage deleting, I hit the delete button to see how it felt because man was I getting beat on but your talk convinced me to stick it out till the end. The marriage was a bit too "Heraldy" for me but I still loved it secretly. I hope you guys got a kick out of my outfit :p

Isendor : There was always a lot of tension between us, and I liked it that way. I didn't want a buddy buddy vibe between me and Forties even though it was in my role that I didn't hate goodie mages as much because at least they meant well.

Village : Geez there aren't a lot of you...well at least not a lot that I saw regularly. Gahtho you are my freaking heart and soul man. Great stuff and I loved having someone to talk to and struggle with at my side. Ruhk I think you've inducted umm...3 of my chars? Atrinycyn, Fakefi, Charunycain and maybe even. This will be my last villager I think :( .

Lyristeon : Thanks for the quest, that was one of the funner CF periods over the course of the 5 years i've been playing this game. Great stuff and thanks for everything.

Enemies : I liked most of you but I have to get going so I don't have time to go into details but maybe I will later tonight or tomorrow.
Names that stick out : Zefta, Alzinghul, Kruniki, Thyran, Baglan, Mjraljin umm...lots more that I can't think of.

Zefta in particular, I said some pretty ####ty stuff to you IC and I want to say I think you have a great attitude and Zefta gets a thumbs up from me.

Alzinghul you play an orc well, I get the feeling this isnt' your first and damn does Muglu or whatever your build is stack up well against a berserker (except for the times deathblow owns you). I hate spinebreaker with a passion.

Ok guys, gotta go meet a friend. I'm due for a CF break. Post and i'll reply.

Cheers,

Grysh-Icthaen etc...

73418, You know, I really really LOVED your char.
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Zefta had a HUGE amount of respect to you. Sorry for the sometimes a bit annoying whines about gear... Isn't really IC by me since it doesn't fit my role that good. Can't help myself though and you know why. heh

To bad I never managed to land a solo kill on you. Though I had my chance there in Balator, to bad it ended the way it did.

Can't wait to see your next char, mine will be a villager, so I hope I'll meet you there then.
73419, Aww. Well, come back soon, Doctor's orders!~
Posted by Zizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
73430, Hah
Posted by Grysh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What a weird relationship we had. Between you giving me marbles (which greatly helped my character) and randomly helping my enemies as well as killing me a couple times with them, I really wasn't sure how to treat you (beyond trying to kill you if I ever saw you vis). I am definitely a Zizzle fan though and the whole Baerinika situation is in my opinion a cool opportunity for more RP and not an OOC curse. I really think the way you rolled with it is great so enjoy yourself...

73420, Icthaen! I should of known...
Posted by Tavore on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This character was you to a T, damn wish we could of talked... well at all rather than me just hearing or being near your gung-ho exploits.

I used this name because its one you probably reconize from our old POS days (what, 3-4 years ago now) and you may of seen my current character once =P

Roll another fast! And find some way to tell me who it is! ...But uh..no cheating or ooc communication..imms uh..don't like that... seriously.
73422, You said it was coming.
Posted by Alzinghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I find it hilarious that you were both Fakefi and Charun, Fakefi forced me to practice hand to hand and when you told me with Charun you had never picked up a whip before I even said well there was another villager who forced me to practice hand to hand. Some of the greatest fights I've had so far with this character have been match ups against the villagers because they are for the most part willing to fight on not so ideal terms. You put up a hell of a fight and everytime I fought you I was waiting for the UNSPEAK, UNPSEAK DEAD! echo to hit me. Also the classiest enemy I've had in all my cf time in terms of not forcing me to go through the extremely annoying 45 minute regear period. The Horde needs a new Warlord Thymas went into hiding, give it a whirl.

Alzinghul the Chieftain
73432, Hah.
I LOL'd when you mentionned Fakefi to Charunycain just because it was so ludicrous that you brought that up given it was my previous character. I have a stubborn trait in me so that when I die, i feel compelled to redeem that death in some way or another. Thus me heading back to the orc village time and again after your whomp/spinebreak/hack trio owned me. I'm semi convinced orcs are OP but that just can't be true.

73425, I never got to eat you. Ah well...
Posted by Mjraljin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did the Village proud.

I probably could have killed you in the last fight had I used barrier, but I honestly didn't because hell, I was making you raid to get to me, and you had to deal with manacles + special guards + Executioner.

If you could get me through all that, you deserved a fine poncho of my skin. Kudos. I had you convulsing multiple times but never could get you, and you got me three times and once AFK haha. Ugh.

Hope to see another in a few months.
73431, RE: I never got to eat you. Ah well...
Gah, we had some fun fights. You didn't seem to have enough HP for some reason, but maybe that's because i'm used to fighting gnome shifter #2323 over and over again. You had a great attitude and that just makes it so much more fun to fight compared to certain other characters. Keep trucking dude,

Grysh.
73426, RE: Fast, but furious.
Posted by Ruhk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Ofcourse you make it to the pillar you OAF! Wow, I've had the chance to roll with the three greats (You, Inger and Dhaath) and I think you all should be on the pillar sooner or later. Stellar! Awesome berserker rollin'. You were really the 'dwarf' of the village. The Heart man. Great style and great attitude. Gotta love that. Keep it on and though I might not be there for the next, don't stop shy of a fourth ;) I inducted you because you had the balls to call out on the 'dormant' leaders to begin with and you were everything I could ask for in a drilly (and more). I died trying to keep you alive in your last fight, I hope you had fun. and YEAH... UGH@FULL LOOTS

Ruhk
73433, Way better than Fakefi. Turned my opinion of you around. nt
Posted by Bok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
73440, Sounds like you had fun after all
Posted by Drokk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which makes me happy. As you know, I have always enjoyed your chars
and think you heighten the fun of others by playing, but the last
couple of chars you have sounded rather bitter and jaded.

Incidentally, I still play sporadically and I had the pleasure
of meeting Charun a few times. You even killed my char by being
smart and taking a risk. Way to go man! Take a break for a month
or two and then come back for the fun, but take it easy, man.
You don't have to play non-stop you know ;-)

Best regards.

73441, RE: Fast, but furious.
Posted by Eleia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha, at last something not whinny:) Charuk was realy great. Loved our fights and your talkings. Damn I was even scared by you:) One of those whome I had no desire to fight unprepped and still you owned my blades alongside with me. Shame to me for that. That one time in Palace you were realy very very close to your aim - I was left in about 70hp. Return with something like that.
73443, We had some good fights.
Posted by Harlidbiggle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a tough bugger to fight, dwarves always are. We had a couple of good ones though, that first major one in Calandaryl really came down to the wire. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull it off or not. Anyway, good job and look forward to whatever you do next.
73444, Nice char
Posted by djabree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But damn, you died fast. Perhaps I'm just getting old and sleepy...

73449, RE: Fast, but furious.
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great Char, balls to the wall the whole way, but also well rp'd. good job and I look forward to seeing your next. Very respected enemy and I tried to treat you like one.
73450, RE: Fast, but furious.
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have me genuinely curious as to why you would have qualms over following me. It's always a little bit of a struggle to put on my neutral-accepting Baer face, especially when Isendor is bitching at me for tattoo'ing you! (You have the distinguished honor of being the only thing they ever argued about!)

I figured it was you pretty much right away based on the RP and the dying. I really admire your balls to the wall attitude, I could never ever play that way but from a spectator's point of view it sure looks fun! You had some really amazing wins.

Take another break and come back. Hope you roll up another follower some time.

PS hope my tat didn't put the hurt on you too much. :) You didn't have that many good pks, so it shouldn't have been that bad.
73466, Bah!
Posted by Ilbjorga on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Felt bad for two things.

1- Didn't get you to 51 like I wanted to
2- That time at the Palace when one of the younger mage came and finished the Vanquisher when I was allowing you to finish it so I could press on and get the orb instead. That cost you your life which I kinda felt bad as a player and as Ilbjorga and I tried to raid but was bothered by the chieftain...so later I went there with Isendor to get the Codex (And hopefully the head in the same time, hah!)

You were good and fun to be around with...though your evolution went so fast! Well like me. I mean, you were in the end of the 20's before that exp week-end and we pretty much heroed 2-3 days after that.

Anyway, hopefully you'll be back soon!
73496, RE: Fast, but furious.
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's funny you were Grysh-Icthaen! I always loved your characters, and Ferian dug Charunycain from the start, even after you whacked my groupmate when we were in Barovia. Glad to see you're still playing it the same.

73497, RE: Fast, but furious.
Hah that is funny. Geez you left a big void when you left. I got a good vibe from Ferian but now I know why. We ranked for a few hours in Barovia one night and you had a quiet steady presence.

Hope life is treating you well my friend,

Dylan
73614, Hey Iccy! How did you like Fires? nt
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
s
73617, Yeah! Tell us! We're curious on that big hp with fire! n/t
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
73622, RE: Yeah! Tell us! We're curious on that big hp with fire! n/t
I didn't get it till I was almost dead, but from what I saw it did help my tanking ability once i hit the yellow mark (which for Charun was like 550 hp lol). Either than that I couldn't really draw any other conclusions. Also remember that usually when i'm that hurt it's because i've used bloodthirst so it's even harder to tell what's bloodthirst and what's fires.