Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectMeh. Perspective.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72408&mesg_id=72503
72503, Meh. Perspective.
Posted by Iltanthal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Iltanthal I don't really understand at times why you were quite as cautious as you were vs me but the damage I dished vs how rarely I hit you made it difficult to gauge if I was winning sometimes you speckled pill guzzling fool =P

Same could be said from my POV - there were times when you'd flee from me after one round, or teleport before I could even get to you. There were times when I fled after one round, or avoided running into you. I think both of us had our reasons - you were worried about other maran crying in (a valid worry to some extent), and probably other times you were already wounded or whatever. As for my part, the times I remember fleeing w/o giving you a good fight involve the fact that Kharnial or Lezra was around and it was a fairly visible spot so I was a touch worried about one of them running/flying in and kicking the crap out of me. I also remember at least once where the few preps I had just used were about to run out on the hour so I fled before the tick happened as I was worried about you hitting me for one of those 2 DEVA lightningOBLIT DEMOLISH rounds and lagging me.

Also, on more than one occasion I remember fleeing a few rooms away (from eastern to galadon, for instance), quaffing a prep or two, then trying to re-engage, only to find you gone. Or I ran to use a healer, or whatever.

And I specifically remember one time where I was (sorta) winning but had typed a flee in (I forget the reason) like 2-3 rounds earlier but crippling strike + a command I'd entered (artery, stab, something) made it go at the absolute worst time. I swore out loud at my monitor.

As for the char, I did think you were relatively conservative but honestly that's probably how I'd play an AP too. I was surprised as all hell that you came at me at the Watcher that time. But then, you had that goddamn item and you knew I couldn't completely command deny you, so I guess it wasn't that big a risk for you. I'd say I was close to getting you a few times, but probably not as close as it seemed - getting someone to writhing when they have 1800 HP and ABS means you've still got to him them for about 1000 (unprotected) hp. With light-based weapons, I was doing good damage, but it'd have taken 2 or 3 rounds to dish out enough.

I was shocked as hell when someone located your stuff on Satebos - love to hear the story of what exactly went down there.

Good luck with the next one!