Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Mizfara ben-Ashkari the Judge, Jury, and Executioner, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70715&mesg_id=70760
70760, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Mizfara ben-Ashkari the Judge, Jury, and Executioner, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really don't have outstanding criticism; it's more that there were big chunks of Mizfara's life for which I wasn't very active.

I mean, obviously I'll always be making something of a judgement based on seeing only a subset of a character's life, but with such a long-lived character and the subset being small enough in this case I only feel so qualified to comment, thus the tone.

But if I'm going to dig for criticism... and this is something I struggle with as a player as well and I'm certainly no better about it and probably worse...

On one hand, there's a lot of good to being a slightly aloof solo hunter. It's more fun for a lot of players (and I know you) to deal with smaller fights and not so much gangs. It's more fun for your enemies. Your allies can't get you killed (most of the time) if they're not with you.

But the flipside to that is that there were a lot of people in your cabal that could have learned a lot from you, and that distance doesn't so much give them that chance. Not so much in the "here's where gear/preps are" sense but in the "why are you spamming shield bash?! Why don't you try this other thing." sense.