Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Cyrein Ael'Lil the Unselfish Saint of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=67141
67141, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Cyrein Ael'Lil the Unselfish Saint of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 14 00:48:54 2008

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Cyrein perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:299
67158, Well, hell...(Goodbyes)
Posted by Cyrein on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a quick note to say thanks to any and everyone I had the opportunity to interact with. I really enjoyed playing Cyrein, and had created him with the intention in the back of my mind to immort him.

Along the way though, I had quite a pleasurable experience and at the same time got the chance to brush up on things that were out there and also to see a few things that were new to me. Being only my second character since a nine month break I had taken, I had felt a healer would be a good choice for getting back into the swing of things.

Alas though, real life has decided to rear its head and bite me in the ass just as I was getting ready to make a run at writing an area I had put a lot of thought and time into. Hell, I might still write it and one day give this a run again.

I got a call from a company I had a few contacts within a few weeks ago, and to make a long story short I was offered a job. Almost like a 'dream job' for me. Great hours, great pay, super amazing benefits. Problem being I have to move, train, invest the time needed to establish myself, etc. I was afraid that this would not allow me the time needed to devote to a heroimm. Perhaps if I had been a more established imm that had finished my area I could have weathered the change.

Thank you to each and every player I crossed paths with, you make the game what it is. Always remember that.

Thank you to every immortal I crossed paths with as well. You guys were all very helpful and I know it sucks to have your name drug through the mud sometimes. That being said, in the short time I was there I see the amount of effort that each of you place into this game, and I have nothing but respect for each of you.

I hope that if time ever allows me to again, you'll grant me the opportunity to work beside you.

Thanks for the peek behind the curtain, and good luck to all you CF'ers out there wherever you are. Maybe I'll find some time to fire up the laptop here in the hotel and roll something up.

Cyrien/silencedstatik
67178, RE: Well, hell...(Goodbyes)
Posted by Clissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good god the way you gated to me shows some dedication. I log on and see you in who pk and I knew I was getting nothing done. The cheap kill at the Cents was ironically a high point in Clissa's life.

Good luck with the job!
67209, RE: Well, hell...(Goodbyes)
Posted by Fendril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, at first Fendril was happy you moved on beyond your mortal self. But as time went on, I missed the banter back and forth and never knowning if you would all of a sudden gate to me just to see what I was doing. It got a bit boring for a while after you became a a hero imm, but is starting to pick back up again. Good luck with the job!
67216, Good job..txt
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for saving all our butts more than once. I was oddly proud when you Immed and hate to see this not work out for you. I considered you one of the core of the old guard of the Cabal and we are weaker for having lost you in one way or another. Thanks for helping me to define my role and always being willing to talk. Luck with your next and I hope to see you in the fields.
67318, Oops.
Posted by Feilinal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Might be too late for you to even read this, but you were an awesome groupmate. Healer+Warrior makes a pretty damn good team. Raiding got a lot harder without you. :P

Good luck with the new job, hope it allows you time to play again somewhat soon, you bring a lot to CF.
67142, I was glad to share a few moments with you.
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The first time I saw you on who I was thinking, a neutral healer, this
might be interesting. The only healer Throkk ever had worked with was Kanrue, who for obvious reasons wouldn't get involved in any raiding/PK.

When you got into hero range, you didn't disappoint me. I had a blast when we grouped. It was just crazy and almost addicting ;-)

I will say that we were probably not as effective as we should have been (my fault), mainly because planning went through the window with sanctuary and healing, but it sure was fun!