Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeaphoeni the Master of Weapons
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=64943
64943, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeaphoeni the Master of Weapons
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 7 18:27:29 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Aeaphoeni perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:244
65138, Asshat
Posted by Naerzghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had Ambra dead in Galadon and you freaking interfered and ganked me down. WTF is with that?

Other then that, I never killed you, almost always chased you away.

BattleCharmed
64990, Sucks to see you go
Posted by Braemir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you from what conversation we had. But I agree, when you feel like a character is more work then fun, its time to let that character go. Anyhow, good luck on the next.

Braemir
64974, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeaphoeni the Master of Weapons
Posted by Loth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You made me typo. At least once a day! :(

Well, dear, this is a crappy way to start the work day. I liked having Aeaph around, even though we were rarely ever in the same room. It's always good to have a friend that you can talk to while engaged in the more repetitive cf grind (ranking!) I thought you were ballsy (and stupid) for doing the solo ranking thing, but that's just because I don't have the patience to do it myself. I admired the fact that you were willing to put in the extra effort, even though it meant jabbing yourself in the foot and taking on all those extra hardships. Really liked your role, too.

Loth'll be missin' on ya.
65124, If you have not read the role I posted:
Posted by Aeaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please do. You will find out how much of an impact you had on Aeaph.
Loth is a great character and I feel has some amazing potential to
be rewarding for not only you but those who journey with you.

I love the prejudices you built up through out the character's life
and do hope you can play on them in the future. You almost convinced
Aeaph of them, almost.

Sorry I missed your response in all the forum activity that has been
going on lately! But, like Aeaph, sometimes it takes a smack between
the eyes for me to see clearly.

GLWLoth

PS Link: http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=64943&mesg_id=64964&page=

64965, When Aeaph became Work >>> Fun it was time.
This character went from being a lot of fun to being a complete chore.
Warriors are my comfort zone, as characters, but also my bane. I hate prepping, I hate having to gear monger, and I hate the fact that a naked warrior = useless.

I do wish the guild outfit gear would not crumble/rot while being used/worn. At times I felt I had played so poorly that the outfit gear was what I SHOULD be wearing. Thems the breaks.

CF requires a level of dedication, knowledge, and willingness to muck through the necessary drudgery that is no longer within me. With Aeaph I wanted to truly see if I could solo level to hero. I am pretty sure I could though it would have been a pain to do so. Usually I power rank to hero and lose interest or simply lose interest because I am playing outside my comfort zone.

I was going to release Aeaph from the couple restrictions he had on grouping once he got to hero but it was going to be a heck of a lot of busy work that I am currently unwilling to do. So rather than sit and spin playing a character I was growing more and more uninterested in I deleted. Soon as losing my gear suddenly irked me I knew it was time. I had been naked a couple of times but suddenly it mattered a tad to much to me as the player so it was time to let go. I would rather delete than start playing out of scope and ruining other peoples fun.

Death really should be retooled. I really would love to see people unable to get from other corpses as a ghost, use the tell command, or request in the case of goodies. You died, you are ghost, time for consequences. That said I really hate the fact that you reform BEFORE your crap hits the pit. Also why fifteen minutes? I got ready to go out to watch football on Sunday in the time it took for me to reform and my stuff to return to the pit. You want a game to be a lot of action yet you make one prevelant aspect take you way too long out of action.

I remember an Elf Tribunal using the Inner of the Fortress to deghost to get round this. At the time I thought it was abuse but now I think it was pretty much the right thing to do. Ghost time should be a nice quiet seven point five minutes of being ghostly.

No point in listing names or offering thanks. Everyone whom I had enjoyable interactions in game know who they are and know they are truly respected for the enjoyment they gave. Surprisingly to some may be that this does include a heck of a lot of enemies. If anything I have learned from CF is that any game requires good opponents to have fun. Good luck with your current/next characters all of you.
64976, All the people I've enjoyed are dying.
Posted by Doriach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really, really enjoyed how you played a good. Other people might disagree with me, but you actually took the time to speak with me before attacking, and that is huge to Doriach.

I thought your RP was pretty damn cool, and the one fight I watched when I saw you send a fire giant running (as an elf pole spec) looked competent.

My poison iron daggers would've pwned you tho :P

Come on back! If you like warriors but hate prepping...Village!

All the best.
64984, I think it may have been closer than you thought:
Ask Padraig or Bseter. Good fights with both of them.

Doriach showed something Aeaph had given up on finding in the Midlands: honour. He even had a purity of spirit in his dedication to hunting magi that was touching to Aeaph. I so wanted to charge you with the silver poleaxe in Galadon so many times but man I knew the solo leveling thing would kill me if I got marked.

Seriously with dragon strength + enlarge polearms wielded by dex races can be brutally effective. Unfortunately they are not easy to figure out so most people simply move on. Oh the mithril polearm I had weighed 7 lbs 15 ounces and was forged to be +7 +6. It was a nasty item to have. And my newest trick was to start with choke then charge the unconscious character. Nasty results ensue.

I am sorry I will not be around for our running conversations that are half sparring BS and half respectful discussion.
64988, RE: When Aeaph became Work >>> Fun it was time.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wait. You hated dying, but you want us to make being a ghost 10x worse? That doesn't make any sense.
64992, Dying is fine but associated time is not:
>Wait. You hated dying, but you want us to make being a ghost
>10x worse? That doesn't make any sense.

1) I hated regrearing.
2) Death is death and should have consequences.
3) Fifteen minutes to abuse CF as a ghost is silly.
4) Fifteen minutes = too long to be out of the action.

No ghosting for gear on the ground or in corpse would be wise. No tells, notes, or other forms of distant communication would be wise.

Death needs to be balanced with a shorter duration, gear in pit before unghost versus a few more restrictions. That is balance not 10x worse.
64993, RE: Dying is fine but associated time is not:
>That is
>balance not 10x worse.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I don't agree with it.
65019, One clarification:
This might have gotten lost in the multiple posts on the issue:

I am all for getting all your things as a ghost from your corpse.
I am all against for you being able to spiritually loot another
corpse whether it be a mob's, room object, or another player's.

7.5 minutes of ghost with my gear in my pit/hands(from area explore)
on the 7.5 tick if I could not recover it on my own would be
absolutely great for making CF engaging from my perspective, which
you did grant me. ;)
65032, RE: One clarification:
>This might have gotten lost in the multiple posts on the
>issue:
>
>I am all for getting all your things as a ghost from your
>corpse.
>I am all against for you being able to spiritually loot
>another
>corpse whether it be a mob's, room object, or another
>player's.

And when you come back to your corpse and it's empty or near-empty, you then... ?

Second issue: Speaking for myself, if I knew people could be back at me in 7 minutes, I would be much, much more likely to loot as much as I could carry from my kills. I might stash the gear and let you have it back a while later if you haven't quit or rage deleted by then, but...
65078, Dude, you are making my case for me.
>>This might have gotten lost in the multiple posts on the
>>issue:
>>
>>I am all for getting all your things as a ghost from your
>>corpse.
>>I am all against for you being able to spiritually loot
>>another
>>corpse whether it be a mob's, room object, or another
>>player's.

>And when you come back to your corpse and it's empty or
>near-empty, you then... ?

>Second issue: Speaking for myself, if I knew people could be
>back at me in 7 minutes, I would be much, much more likely to
>loot as much as I could carry from my kills. I might stash
>the gear and let you have it back a while later if you haven't
>quit or rage deleted by then, but...

I do think I said in my post that on a couple of occassions I felt like I deserved to be in the outfit gear as in I had mucked up just that bad. Please make the outfit gear non-crumble.

You are going to interact with me, ie roleplay, giving me back my gear and letting me get back into the game? Wow. I get to roleplay? Oh, no, can not have that.

If I can fight you in my undies, be ready for it. If I beat you while in my undies you can then tell me where you stashed my stuff. ;)I would be happy if the outfit stuff did not crumble since it is a good enough starting point to get back into the game. Must be some big assed leather, cloth, and metal moths in the guild stores. Please make the outfit gear non-crumble.

Nothing says CF is wasting my time like the fifteen minutes it takes
to unghost. Even the drudgery of leveling is not that bad. It is even
more fun that in that fifteen minutes your enemy(ies')'s adrenaline
has now worn off and THEY may have logged off. Wee. Now that was fun.
Especially if they did loot you, hey I got the shiny XYZ time to get the FOOK out of Dodge aka CF. Please make the outfit gear non-crumble.

And those who are looters will still loot. That will never change. I seriously doubt the amount of looting will increase simply because people playing characters who do not loot will not change their minds. They tend to be the ones who want CF to be a roller coaster of engagements. Please make the outfit gear non-crumble.

So once again ghost time could be improved dramatically. Heck you could simply throw in one of the changes for a while and see what happens? You could then shoot me down with statistical evidence.

PS If they were going to quit/rage delete they were going to do so anyway. They were tired/frustrated/bored of the character or their CF experience at that level. Most people use needing to regear as the excuse to delete. Please make the outfit gear non-crumble.

65005, RE: When Aeaph became Work >>> Fun it was time.
Posted by Janos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fun knowing you would be more than willing to duke it out with me whenever and wherever. I truely believed that one of us would catch the other with his pants down. Too bad about this, luck if you stick with it!
64964, Defining the character I was trying to play: (roles and notes)(longish)
***Founding idea: what would I like to see in God/Goddess?

There are no set laws, no set duties, and no partitioning of neccesity by coin, reputation, or whim. Each day a new Wind blows through the Northlands and thus we must be adaptable to the tasks it presents for us. It is important that matter what aspect the Wind takes one must always strive to show respect to ones elders and ancestors.

The Wind is the driving force in the Northlands it scours clean all before it and leaves a purity that one must experience to truly understand. Stripping your flesh from your bones the Wind will then tumble them into the pack ice which will grind them to dust. For even the massive flows of ice are at the mercy of the Wind which drives their shifting and heaving.

In the Northlands move, each action, each choice must be pure in intent and resolve for one slight deviation will end in your death. Not only your death but as the Wind drives a wave a snow your actions spread to those within your Tribe. You must be focused heart and soul to address each necessity if not you will not last.

It is the will of Aenthala that we adhere to these mores and do not let ourselves go astray for if one falls it cascades, like a glacier's break, and many more will perish.

Aenthala appears in many forms, Dwarven, Elven, Storm, or Maiden of White a being of pure ice. Her aspects are Honor, Air, and Purity.

Tribal society of Elves, Dwarves, and Storms. Races were slightly different as they had adapted to the enviroment. Leaner, shorted,etc.

***So after kicking this around for a long time I decided to try to make a character suitable to worship Aenthala and represent the Northlands.

***Role Additions & note:

Journal Date:

Left the blessed white northlands. Midlands are a tad too warm. People here are self centered, arrogant, and rude. The persistent stench of the unwashed and offal scattered uncaringly about turns my stomach. The blank stares of the masses takes my breath away and brings great sorrow to my heart. These people have lost their souls either subsisting in spite of themselves or seeking to exploit whatever they can. Running battle are constant between warring factions regardless of the destruction or poverty they cause. Enough on this new land that will be my home and proving ground.

My life will not be pleasant and I know I should not have challenged the Rite of leadership of the band being so young and inexperienced. Goddess forgive me for my foolishness and see me through my journey through this foul land. I will prove myself worthy of being a blade dancer and frost runner returning to Your fold, Maiden of White, mistress of purity, honor, and air. Aenthala be praised!

***First note:

Greetings Midlanders,

Though I come from the distant northern reaches, thus you may deem me a barbarian or a savage, I have borne witness to many of the sad sights within your lands. You seem so caught up in your toils and wars that you have forgotten the Maiden of White's teachings.

Dance wildly amid the blessed winds whether there be a storm of driving rain, blizzard of blinding snow, or simply a day of brilliant sun. Gaze upon the purity of the endless skies whether day or night to sense your place and worth within the lands. Take a moment to honour your ancestors for they have laid the foundation for your existence and your future. May Aenthala guide you to a life of worth and fulfilment.

If you seek learn of the Goddess find me and I will do my best to bring her wisdom to you. I may be young but I have spent hours meditating upon Her tenets and attended Her clergy as they dispensed Her wisdom.

Aeapheoni of the Northlands.

Journal Date:

Growing in guild standing but not yet in the quiet strength of soul or in the focus one is granted by wisdom. I am still haunted by the visage of the Chief stumbling during our contest of arms and my glaive slicing through his thigh. The blood loss nearly felled him and worse I have ensured that he will never have full use of that leg again. My dreams are of no guidance as they have fled me entirely and that alone tells me I have a long way to go to become worthy of the Tribe never mind seeking a place of stature. I am unable to move beyond that point in my life and Aenthala's presence is definately not as strong here in the Midlands.

In the Midlands the only thing that seems to be admired is strength of skill at battle and it is of no matter how well you hunt, tend fires, or dance in honour of the Tribe. I have yet to find those who truly embrace something other than prowess for even the bards of the Inn of storytellers focus on combat. There are those who do follow their Gods and a few of my kin who are among them I think they may represent my best chance at finding a path for myself. I know I am still a child but I will strive to overcome my past follies and find a future where I serve something other than my selfish pride. May the Goddess help me resolve my past so I may find a future!

Journal Date:

I am beginning to get an inkling of that which I should have known from my rearing in the blessed Northlands. A glauruk from the minor swamps near Galadon chased me from her homelands to Ysigrath, from Ysigrath through an enchanted Tower to Hamsah, from Hamsah over the Aryth ocean to Arkham just to ensure her tribes safety. Such selfless dedication to her duty and gritty determination are things I should have known and am striving to become familiar with. Even the nightrunners of the North show such qualities and I was too snowblind to notice.

These Midlanders may mock tribal societies but they do not understand the bonds that necessity builds. Many toss aside their families, their histories, and their place within a greater scheme in order to serve their own petty needs. Bartering is relegated to the lowest form of commerce and Aenthala forbid you actually do assist another for the purpose of the betterment of all.

I near the time of challenge and I am not so brave or so bold as to say I am not without fear. These people are way more warlike than mine, much more diabolical in nature, and are truly devoted to preying upon those they deem ripe for culling. I have seen the looks of anticipation coupled with greed in the eyes of those I will be tested against: Duergar, dark Elf, and Fire giant alike. Fear is a companion most constant these days.

Aenthala guide me and speed my steps through the Dance of ancient honor and cleansing. May the white Winds take pity upon my soul and blind those who seek to bring harm.

Journal Date:

Aenthala be praised! I was focused on both bettering my abilites and earning the respect of my guild elders when a glorious chill wind embraced me, blessing me with insights into the Dance. I do hope it was a sign of Her favor and that I am, albeit slowly, doggedly pursuing the proper path to restoring myself within the eyes of the Tribe.

The Elders who instruct my people in the Dance told me to be light like a snowflake upon the wind, to flow around those who sought to bring force to bear, to use the Maiden's breath to chill my foes. I had thought this just some foolish flowery prose used to impress the gullible and young alas I was the fool. I can sense the tiniest of truths that they spoke of and feel more the ignorant lout as I realized the dishonor I did to them. Maybe this is why the Maiden bestowed her touch? To show me that I must acknowlege my past failing to be able to go forward? Perhaps one day I too will float like a snowflake upon the winds and invoke the Maiden's breath?

I am seeking to test myself in the manner of my Tribe, I do not travel with others, I focus on my tasks to the exclusion of all else, letting my mind and body flow as the winds of the Dance take me. I center myself and in doing so try to find those truths I have lost along with seeking out new wisdom as granted by Aenthala. Time will tell if I soar or if I fall lifelessly into the darkness; an end to a journey so far filled with regret, shame, and remorse.

Journal Date:

Forgive me Aenthala but I am scared and lonely. This trial has been quite hard on me and were it not for a young Elven bardess I fear I would be unconsolable.

To travel alone and attempt to succceed using only my wits, which was the foundation for the actions that got me into trouble in the first place, has seen me sorely tested. I miss waking each day knowing that I would serve a purpose within the Tribe and in doing so was joining into something so much bigger than myself. I miss the morning kiss of Aenthala's breath as I cast off my night robes and rose to start the breaking of the fast fires. I miss the comradeship in all things of the Tribe and the feeling of achievement shared by all. Alas I was unable to acknowledge these things when I was still one of the Tribe and I sorely miss it.

I must admit I feel the Maiden's of White touch in almost all I do and have garnered many insights from her gentle nudges. Her ephemeral touches make it bearable when I do not have my Elven maiden to lift my spirits. My inroads into fundamentals of the Dance are growing and I feel that eventually I can master mere physical matters. I have bested and been bested in the Dance but I take no pleasure in such things instead I study my engagements to learn what I can from them.

Aenthala bless and sustain me for I am gravely tested in this trial but the Maiden willing I will persevere.

Journal date:

After much soul searching I chose to focus on the weapon with which I harmed my Tribe's Chieftain: polearm. It is not a good feeling to be granted insights into the tool which I maimed him with. I must come to terms with my foolishness without ever forgeting that which I did and by dedicating myself to the study of poles I will never be able to forget. Besides the reminder becoming more skilled in the use of polearms will aid me in gutting the whales we hunt along with those few boar walrus that seem large enough to be small whales.

Lothwynne's beauty is that of the Northlands: rugged, bleak, and yet breath taking. Her snow white skin, especially upon her face, reminds of the Maiden yet her lush midnight hair frames it as a reminder of her Midland heritage. She keeps me strong in believe in myself and adds to the determination the Maiden has instilled within me. It is good to have a friend with such a positive influence upon me.

I have not heard from my Tribe in a while I do hope the Shamans dream speak with me soon. It would be uplifting to hear that the Chieftain recovered his mobility though from what the chirugeons said it was doubtful he will. Knowing that the Tribe is well and that my failure has not caused any distress to my people. Midlands be a nice enough place, I guess, but I miss the blessed morning chill and the air that is so pure that the stars brightness makes them seem like candles in the sky.

Aenthala be praised that the Northlands still hold my heart, soul, and thoughts.

Journal Date:

Aenthala and my Tribe tasked me to enter into the Midland's guild system and seek my fortune alone to show me not only my worth but the importance of working together with a single purpose. It was strange that once I came to this realization I felt as if I could feel the Maiden of White with me at all times. Though sadly with this insight the Shamans of my Tribe could once again reach me in my dreams. Sad because they informed me of the Chief's failing health and ultimate passing. They assured me that it was from ailments other than the wounding I caused but I still feel badly for my actions and for not being there to honor the Chief's passing.

Slowly I am making more and more acquaintences here in the Midlands and even a few I would call friend. Laelliana and Faeniliera both have been there for me when I needed a bit of aid or simply someone to talk with. Laelliana showed some interest in the Maiden of White and did speak of one of the Midland Goddesses, Baerinika. The Goddess Baerinika has some similarity to Aenthala but to seek out battle endlessly would be ill advised in the frigid Northlands. And to get a rush out of combat seems to be a common concept but to become enamoured with such again would not be wise in the Northlands. I may be missing something in what Laelliana speaks of so there could be much more to her Goddess than I realize. Discussing the aspects of those we worship has given me insights into Aenthala's teachings so I do hope to speak with others.

I am gaining strength in skill along with faith in my abilities. Aenthala be praised for her guidance, patience, and faith in me.

Journal Date:

I have decided what primary role I will play in the Tribe: Icerunner. I will hunt the flows seeking the location of our prey and scouting for those who would prey upon us. A harder life than most have within the Tribe but one I am feeling more and more suited for. Seeking the Chieftainship was the foolish act of a willful child but now I have grown into a young man and have much more realistic ideas.

The trial to become an Icerunner is quite hard and requires a lot of work seeking the proper ice and materials for the Dwarves to cold forge into a blade. I am not sure I will be able to do it here in the Midlands but I will not worry about that for I am so happy to finally find my true calling. I may serve the Fortress of Light as the Midland equivalent to an Icerunner: a scout. This will help me develop the skills I need without forcing me to enter into a compact with the Fortress I may have to break when I am called back to my Tribe.

I think I may be growing a tad acclimatized to the Midlands for the cold seeps right into my bones now though I gladly accept it for the Maiden's touch is always a blessing and even more precious to me as a reminder of her love. Things are definately improving for me in all aspects of my life and I am glad for all those who have encouraged and sustained me with their aid.

Journal Date:

My plea for assistance from the People of lord Kastellyn has be gently denied and I fear finding a path to the Northlands will be quite difficult now. I must admit it was pleasant to be taken seriously with respect to my request for aid but alas it was a worthy necessity for them.

I have been felled several times by my foes and once by my own hand. I took my own life rather than let those of my Midland Tribe, a place called Voralian City, seek it and come to harm in the seeking. The Midlands are foolish in their manners and I find it almost contemptible the way a band called the Tribunal operates. If a Orcah were to walk into one of our encampments I would strike it earnestly and with great desperation in order to ensure that no one would be harmed. According to the Tribunals you must let the Orcah show its hostility before you may act and that is only half correct for they wish to be the ONLY ones who act along with their lackeys.

As for the times I have fallen at the hands of my enemies I have learned from each experience. Learned to take seriously the skills my Midland guild has been teaching me, learned to carefully search each discussion on tactics by my peers for hidden wisdom, and to learn from my mistakes. I have excelled at scouting for my allies which include miss Ambra, a gentle Storm, and the Fortress. Also I have aided the Outlanders, the Village, and the Fortress retrieve their items from the wretched hands of the Imperials. Imperials are even worse than the Tribunals for taking away an individuals ability to serve their People.

So far I have only traveled with, and not formed up, two individuals for the purposes of hunting many enemy guild members or simply exploring a place of such great danger, the Lost Elven Vaults, that I needed a guide. My Storm ally once took me into his party but I quickly informed him that such things were not my wish until I have proven myself worthy to my People and my Goddess. He acquiesced and we resumed the hunt of the many dark souls we sought to best. Even these simple journeys with friends have taught me a lot about how my Tribe's way of everyone aiding in all things is so much superior to the Midlands specialists.

I feel the Goddess with me at all times now, even in my most frustrating moments, and this brings a strange combination of determination and inner peace. Aenthala be praised for the guidance, protection, and courage she bestows upon me.

Journal Date:

My life is going quite well though I desperately miss my People, my Home, and the blessed touch of the Maiden's breath. These Midlands are hot and not only in temperature but in nature of the people. The people have such a fever for battle it is quite beyond my words to articulate it.

Things have been progressing quite well and I feel that I am almost ready for the next step in my training: the learning of the intricacies of whips and flails. While flails are quite foreign to me I have seen my Tribesmen use whips with great skill to bring in prey felled on the ocean or to rescue a companion from an icy crevasse. And in the games we hold over the long night the things they can do with a whip are amazing.

I have grown quite curious about the ancient teachings of our Midland cousins and will seek out the monks to learn more when the time is appropriate. I feel that I can bring many insights I have gleaned back to the Northlands and to my People when I return. The teaching of flowing with the shadows to befuddle a foe will be quite useful in the long nights and shadow filled days of the Northlands.

I can sense the Goddess' hand at work in the Midlands for the majority of my true allies are ladies: Lothwynne, Ambra, Aubrie, Lauriel to name a few. And most definately my first friends: Lauriel and Lothwynne followed shortly by Ambra. At times when I am in the strangest places I feel a chill wind tickle my skin and I know Aenthala is with me.

I try to honour the Maiden's tenets and adhere to the concepts of purity and honor in all my actions. Some of the Midlanders feel I am strange in my relations with others but I will not sway from what the Goddess instilled within me. I can sense I am not quite finished here in the Midlands so I will continue to strive to be successful and learn more so that I may bring as much as I can to my People. Praise be to the Maiden of White.
64966, I enjoyed our little skirmishes
Posted by Padraig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn you and your bleeding polearms. You were far from being the easy meat that I thought your race/spec combo indicated.
64954, Hehe! Elfy!
Posted by Aubrei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go dude, liked your character. Had I had internet these last few days, I'd have ranked with you and got you all heroed up for ####s and giggles. Oh well, maybe next time. Time for you to roll a chaotic neutral Herald, God dammit! :p
64949, NO!
Posted by Corsix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What happened out there? Why did you go and delete?
64946, WARNING: Pro rant inside.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Absolutely horrid.

You would talk trash to a character then Ignore that character.

You would call in others to help you when you made such a big deal of bravely taking on the Midlands singlehandedly... then talk trash and ignore that person.

You would ask people to murder GOOD characters in quests so you could have quest items you lost and were to high level to go back for.

You would travel around killing creatures and say in near OOC terms you were doing it stricktly for te gear. Not some grand purpose, not some higher cause, but because you wanted his possessions.

On top of all this you were a Fortressite murdering people for gain truely a terrible show when ever I saw you.

Please comment on how you felt such behavior was justifiable.
64951, People like Pro = CF not worth playing.
Edited for language.
64952, Actually, I think you are your own worst critic.
This is pretty much the vibe I got from you.
64956, hrm...
Posted by Amaras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The RP you said you witnessed was seemingly NON-EXISTANT. Though, I could be wrong in all aspects, but right now, I'm just going to point and say, "Keep that crap to yourself." If you can't stand someone else's RP, it doesn't make it right to go and broadcast it and completely slam on someone else's character because you disagree with it.

You suck.

As for Aeaph, you taught me a lot, and I really enjoyed our interactions. I'm sorry that little gank in the end made you delete, but I'm pretty damn sure it had a lot more to do with some other things I couldn't see (such as character to character banter.)

Good luck with your next, Northland elf. ;)

64968, I saw none of these things, having fought him with a couple characters.
Posted by RobDarken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And as if you're one to keep things IC.

"OMG! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW!! YOU'VE JUST MADE IT VERY CLEAR TO ME."
64971, Never saw anything of this.
And I ran with him alot, to make sure he didn't get himself into too much trouble.

Sorry sir, but I'm going to have to call BS on that.
64980, Out of curiosity, when did you run with him?
Because with my goods early on he was only solo. With my Orc he was calling people in.
64981, And with my gnome he was trying to pay me to kill people for him. n/t
sdfg
64983, OMG I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW!!
I killed and was killed by Orcs. Funny how Orcs who are nine levels higher than you, dualing iron weapons, call you out repeatedly then start becoming ignorant when you do not respond. Ignore was a solution that I took great pleasure in using against those who thought to taunt, annoy, or simply be rude to Aeaph.

Zholgrom I finally got to show up to fight without a follower and slew him in a nice running battle where he said that he had lost link.. though he did enter commands during the fight in the Halfling lands so I am not so sure of that.

Smuerlk, the Orc that kept trying to get me to HUNT Zholgrom for him, died to me as well and I started putting him on ignore as SOON as I logged on because he seemed to think I was some sort of Elvish ally.

Zholgrom destroyed me in the one fight because of a spear wielding ally. You want to defeat a pole spec use a spear. Spears are the bane of pole specs. I do know that Ambra, who seemed to have a soft spot for Aeaph, not only avenged him but when out of her way to return things that I lost. Kindred spirit to Aeaph in more than a few ways, in Aeaph's mind anyway. "You are just after my berries!" caused me to have run to the bathroom after snorting coffee out of my nose. Ambra's character has more depth that pure PK machine but I think many people miss it.

As for asking lowbies to do a quest for an item that I completed and Zholgrom secured is not a bad thing. *Edited. Do not post info about quests.* In fact if you read his role you will realize that Aeaph saw an interconnectivity between people and that they must be willing to aid each other.

If you read my role you will realize that "getting others to hunt Evil" is really what Aeaph was all about. He was a scared, often timid, creature of the Northlands stuck in a place where there was almost zero honour, zero things for him to relate to, and zero allies for the longest times.
64997, You never killed my orc.
And I thought you were after the Bracer involving a Goodly Dwarf.
65006, RE: OMG I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW!!
> Funny how Orcs who are nine
>levels higher than you,

Incidentally, you probably should either disabuse yourself of the notion that someone 9 levels up on you is inherently an unfair or unwinnable fight, or pick smaller XP penalties. Similarly, if it's so unfair that someone might wail on you with two iron weapons, don't pick elf.
65018, Confused player.
Posted by Aeaphs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>> Funny how Orcs who are nine
>>levels higher than you,
>
>Incidentally, you probably should either disabuse yourself of
>the notion that someone 9 levels up on you is inherently an
>unfair or unwinnable fight, or pick smaller XP penalties.
>Similarly, if it's so unfair that someone might wail on you
>with two iron weapons, don't pick elf.

Umm.. hey there Mr. Obvious...maybe Oblivious... I am not sure here. I DID fight Zholgrom. I beat him. Nine levels, iron weapons, and all.

I just noted that when you HAVE nine levels on an opponent and you think they SHOULD fight you regardless that you are out to lunch. I DID post that in my previous reply as well. You are especially out to lunch if you want them to fight you on your terms! ;)

I do not give a rat's rump what you think about it, actually, though I do mean to clear up any confusion you(or anyone else) may have with the issue such as me thinking all fights were unwinnables or that if my foe was using iron I was a dead Elf.

Why not check out my PBF and see just how many fights I did engage in? Heck I bet you may find I even win a few! Danke. Oh wait read Janos' response, or read Doriach's response, or Padraig's or ask on Bseter's deletion thread.. or Forcheo...heck I would give anyone a whirl nine times out of ten. Not expecting to win but sure happy when I pulled one off! There I feel better now that I know you all know that I was not playing a wussy Elf. Just an insane one.

PS Zaarg must have been the other Orc in question, actually, not Smuerlk. Apologies to Smuerlk's player. I think I ran into you with another character so hence the confusion. Sorry again for besmurchin' the Smuerlk.
65027, A little post 30ish, alot more later on.
I believe I was the 'guide' for the lost elven vaults mentioned in one of his role entries above.
64973, After researching what i could...
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Absolutely horrid.
>
>You would talk trash to a character then Ignore that
>character.

This happens all the time when dealing with opposite aligns. Once one align makes their point, they tend to ignore the other person.

>
>You would call in others to help you when you made such a big
>deal of bravely taking on the Midlands singlehandedly... then
>talk trash and ignore that person.

See above.

>
>You would ask people to murder GOOD characters in quests so
>you could have quest items you lost and were to high level to
>go back for.

I didn't find any evidence of this. If you have specifics, email them to the Imps so they can check it out.

>
>You would travel around killing creatures and say in near OOC
>terms you were doing it stricktly for te gear. Not some grand
>purpose, not some higher cause, but because you wanted his
>possessions.

Gear hunting missions, including trips to hell, happen all the time. Unless snooping is happening and the ooc is blatant, nobody is naive enough to think they don't happen that way.

>
>On top of all this you were a Fortressite murdering people for
>gain truely a terrible show when ever I saw you.

This is completely unfounded based upon this character's pk statistics.

>
>Please comment on how you felt such behavior was justifiable.

All in all, this is pretty much an unfounded rant in general. If you died to him and this is how you respond, then please keep your rants to yourself.
>
64978, I never died to him I observed him as a good/neutral/evil
And When I say murdering people for gear I meant MOB's.
64985, RE: I never died to him I observed him as a good/neutral/evil
" I never died to him I observed him as a good/neutral/evil"

And this is the type of thing that makes me ill. People who have
multiple characters they are developing can not help but use info
they have gained from one character with the next. They also carry their prejudices from one character to the next so all interactions are tainted.

Seriously this is a rather large issue for me because it means that
one can scout you with an ally then turn around and log on their
opposing character to hunt you down for X, Y, or Z reasons.

Not only do you get to know what the targets are wearing but what
they prefer as tactics, what they are looking to do, where they may
be etc etc. This is the path of least resistance for which the Imms
have no ability to monitor. And while I have absolutely zero proof that this occurs sometimes there are just too many coincidences for me to feel comfortable playing CF.

Of course this view is strongly influenced by my rational that playing more than one character at a time(no not multi-charring as in logging them in at the same time) diminishes the effort you put in any of them hence me playing a single character.
64975, The odd thing is:
(And this is completely honest -- I'm not trying to bash on anyone here at all)

From the tiny bit I watched this character, I kind of assumed Pro was the player.
64979, Hahahaha. What's funny...
Is He was EVERY where I tend to rank my elves. And some of those are pretty out of the way places. I wondered if anyone would think it was me since I tried to Solo Vallas in all the areas I found him.

I just didn't like this character at all.
64982, How to know when it is time to quit CF:
>(And this is completely honest -- I'm not trying to bash on
>anyone here at all)
>
>From the tiny bit I watched this character, I kind of assumed
>Pro was the player.

DING DING DING!!!! When you = Pro then it is time to go!
Thanks for confirming the need for the deletion deed. :P
64944, What!
Posted by Darascus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. Didn't expect this. I thought you'd bounce back...

64986, When.....!
>Wow. Didn't expect this. I thought you'd bounce back...
>
I was bouncing back but then I thought about it and realized
that playing had become a chore. Once this happens I know it is
time to stop playing because it denotes the descent ino mediocrity
or if you believe Pro further mediocrity.

Sorry about the AP fight where you were kind of confused by me
fleeing but that is part of the polearm tactic. You need to
re-engage or be re-engaged to help whittle down your foe while
giving them a sense of confidence in that you are going to make
mistakes. A second charge/charge set can do wonders in setting up
a kill.

I tended to use preps after I fled once against higher level enemies
so that my foe would not realize how effective I could be. Getting lightning shield was the end of his attack whereas using lightning protection may have helped prolong the battle so I could get an edge.

You are a great leader character. Patient and informative but not
spoon feeding. That is what a veteran player brings to any Cabal and
you are exactly what Fortress needs.