Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectPerma-Lag
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=58854&mesg_id=58932
58932, Perma-Lag
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It sucks to be on the receiving end of it, but I will say that I killed a lot more people via perma-lag than I died to it! I also was tough enough when prepped that, with bloodlust up, I often made a few of the laggers have to flee before they could kill me.

Elf dagger specs are no joke, especially with evasion added to the mix. One reason I fought you so well that time was I had learned that lesson the hard way, and was probably prepped pretty well.

Ganking is part of the game, and I don't really mind being on the receiving end of it, unless I did something stupid on my end and died. If I ever expressed any frustration to any character IC after dying to a gank (or dying in general), it was because, in my mind (the player), I hosed something up.

I do remember dying to a few really, really well-planned and executed ganks (fistshake Fortress transmuters), and I don't think I ever responded poorly. I (the player) and Khar were usually pretty impressed, and tried to let that come through.

And remember, Khar didn't mind dishing the gank out either! She had no problems hunting solo, but equally had no problems ganking your sorry ass down if the opportunity presented itself.

As for looting, I don't think I started that trend, but if I did, and the game is better/more fun for it, than great! I hope it continues. But in the long run, it's the playerbase in general that 'enforces' those sorts of things.

Keep up the great work in Fortress; you're still young, and have tons of potential!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends