Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectGoodbyeeee!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=50781&mesg_id=50787
50787, Goodbyeeee!
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rolled Gistle during a lull between first year of law school and starting a summer associate at NYCHA. Man was that a mistake...Gistle was so much fun he quickly jumped out of my control and took on a life of his own. At first I had intended him to be the mindless killbot Yhorian thought he was, but then slowly but surely the homicidal but weird maniac that was Gistle took over (people who knew Restraal probably aren't too surprised). Gistle and Restraal shared a fair bit of traits (namely my attempts at bombastic witticisms }(), but I tried to put the 'drow' in Gistle closer to the forefront. Arrogant, murderous, cowardly, mouthy (and oddly brave in certain situations)...but hopefully with enough humor where even my enemies were having fun. I also really wanted him to be a "rogue" element to the game. Nobody could really trust him, and despite your cabal, where you were, etc, you just never knew if I was around...Muahahaha!! I enjoyed duo'ing and following people around and hearing them talk about 'watching out for Gistle' and hearing second hand reports from my informants about how a groupmate was nervous because someone spotted me on 'who.' Gistle was just about the most 'evil' of a character I care to play. I hope other people had fun with it.

On to the goodbyes:

IMMS: I neither expected nor looked for immteraction. I tried to RP Gistle so that any mort who bothered to interact knew what I was about. However, you defied me and tossed me some bones anyway! Thanks for the game.

Lyristeon: I assume the title was your doing after I repeatedly referred to myself as a murdering bastard (aheheh). Thanks for it if it was you, and if not, thanks for the xp and the chuckles.

Muuloc: Man, when you vis'd I just wanted to give you a high five and say 'DooD it's me...Resty! What's up!?!' Sorry about deleting before we really had a chance to resolve our debate, but I really need to focus on work. I didn't really have an interest in going Scion again, so I thought I'd put the bar so high you wouldn't be likely to grant my request. I would have lobbied for it, just because I think it would have been neat to instantly come in as Chancellor (plus I'm pretty sure I coulda done the job ;-)), but being a murderous rogue element was central to Gistle, so I wouldn't have settled for less given the restrictions I would have had to put on the character.

EMPIRE:

I've pretty much sad goodbye to most of you I knew in your own threads. It was entertaining going from a lackey, to slowly killing a few of you on the side, to a full-fledged empire murderer. I had so many imperials offering to sell each other out to me. I had sell-outs selling out sell-outs. At the end of the day, it worked out great.

Dhaezym: Always wanted to interact with you a bit more, but I started seeing you less and less. You seemed very solid to me, and I wish you the best.

Mhruan: What happened to you?

OUTLANDER:

Kryss: It was a great time switching from your enemy to your 'friend' of sorts. Your speech was great in that it was highly recognizable and I would just duo and talk like you to try to find out where people were }( ("Krysss iss goingss killsss you! Where little giantsss?"). You'd be surprised how often it worked. Great job, and keep on kicking ass.

Jhesar: Some good fights. Wish we could have fought more.

Nreisshe: You're a pimp, but you need to fight outside the woods a bit more. Just because you aren't the strongest outside of wilderness doesn't mean you aren't stronger than the people you're hunting. Gistle was strongest when people were writhing in agony and sleeping...but I still fought at other times as well.

TRIBUNAL:

Som: You're a player. I love evil tribs. What more can I say?

Jeir: Man, believe it or not, I started to feel bad about killing you. I invented excuse after excuse when people would ask me to come get you. Later, I'd usually attempt to kill the other tribs first when it came to fighting. A couple of times you forced my hand and I had to lay the smack down, and a couple other times were just because...I really admire your tenacity and good attitude about the whole thing. "Never, fiend!"

Jhelredke: I'm glad we became enemies, at least for a bit. Made it a bit more interesting. Thanks for the adventures the rest of the time.

FORT:

Landren: I have to put you here first and foremost. You have balls like I can't believe. At first I thought "Oh boy, another cheap honor char who gangs and runs at bleeding wounds." Then you made me eat my words. I went out of my way to find excuses to not fight you, but you were so dead set on dueling I capitulated a few times. Thanks for all the talks...maybe we'll get that tea in another life.

Chokiare: I don't think we ever had a conclusive fight. Thanks for the interaction. You're a strong character.

Marigue: God damn I hate that serpent strike thing. You had the abilities to really rain on my parade. Great job.

Kiph: I lost some respect for you after you full-looted Ogbuk, or allowed him to be full-looted, after I left you 92% of your things. Then moreso by participating in a 5 man gang of him when he literally had 2 items. Aside from that sour taste, I liked your character, and you never really let me put you in a logical trap. Good job.

SCION:

Kruldah: You're a manimal. What more can I say? I'd recommend you do something appropriately evil in regard to your little problem we discussed (aheheh).

And finally:

ALLIES:

Boy, I really didn't have many of you. But the ones I had, I appreciated.

Brulgor: Again, you made my playing time way too much fun. Our roles as a murdering but introspective and orderly duergar and a self-centered, chaotic drow mixed perfectly. Thanks for that, and best of luck.

Lafaysha: See above. Running around with a homicidal bard is a kick.

Ogbuk: CHIEF! I really wanted to get you to introduce me to Thrak. That would have been a blast. But it was enough of a blast just to have a dark-elf running around with a consummate elf-hater. Man we had some good times. Great character and best of luck.

Lavaiya: What the heck happened to you? It was fun.

Thanks again, and if I'm back next summer, I'll see you around.