Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectMuch Respect
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=44334&mesg_id=44361
44361, Much Respect
Posted by Razmorthin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I thought you did a great job and after that first fight in Barovia I definetly was very wary of you. That damn hole in the floor killed me though, I woulda made it away if it hadn't hit me for a ***DEV when I fell through it, that and I got out of the keep with 33 mana and after that I kept making typos when trying to invoke the staff of wonders hoping for a heal. So after all of that I died and remarkably you did NOT full loot me. That definetly left a good impression on me and was a measure I was inclined to return, the one time I got you alone I didn't take much myself. When I got you with gangs though, it just wasn't happening and RP to demand I leave the emperor his clothes would have been fishy at best. We never did talk much, which I do regret. You were a fearful presence and I wont soon forget you.

To answer a few of your complaints though...

1) the prep complaint. Some classes are much more prep dependant than others a newbie should pick a class that's not very prep dependant such as a conjurer, shaman, paladin, healer, assassin, thief etc to learn the game. I don't really agree with the classes prescribed in rolling for newer players to play. Despite your lack of preps I still thought you did remarkably well.

2) Nightgaunts - They may cross the sea of despair but they do NOT cross Open sea, Aryth Ocean, go to the past, or enter cabals. If you are in a spot where you can teleport to reach me then you're in my gaunting range. Those times I sent nightgaunts for you in barovia I was on the Arkham continent.

3) The hunt - reasonable I think that you can't recall/teleport while the hunt is still alive but the fact the effect lasts after you kill it has irked me though it hasn't killed me... yet.

4) Mass logins - Every cabal appears to be doing it - especially the fort. This isn't a reason to condone it however. My own playing times were and generally are pretty predictable. I think many scions tend to move theirs to coincide with mine. Over the years I've met many cf players on aim and I admit there are currently 2 that I know have scions... & I did not induct either of them. Our hours also do not match up very well either , I may name them in a follow up post if you wish, if I find they do not mind that I do so. I very much empathize with you and I know the frustration well, seeing 8 hero fort login within 5 minutes then logout as one has frustrated me to no end. I do not claim to know a fair means to combat it but I hope that one is found.

So that you know, you only did get me that one time. Also, what happened to you? After that last time I killed you, you sorta disappeared...

Anyway, good luck with your next,
Raz