Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: My religion
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40573&mesg_id=40646
40646, RE: My religion
Posted by Dur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Personally, I disagree with chaos being about anti-order. Being anti-order is a restriction, and all restrictions reduce unpredictability. Thus, anti-order itself isn't necessarily a chaotic trait IMHO. I see it that chaos simply doesn't care about order. Personally, I see chaos more as absence of order than anti-order. Outlander cabal is anti-order, as it opposes order in most of its forms. Fortress can be seen as anti-order too, if order in question happens to be the Empire, but I wouldn't see Fortress as chaos. While being anti-order can increase unpredictability as whole, by decreasing order, it does make the anti-orderly individual more predictable, as the options where he happens to work for the order he opposes are cropped out and the probability of the options where he works against order is increased. Anti-order can be a valid way to approach chaos, but it is not a necessary one. I see anti-order as tradeoff where part of individual chaos is sacrificed to increase total chaos.