Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Entitled to your opinion - now mine
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40070&mesg_id=40090
40090, RE: Entitled to your opinion - now mine
Posted by Maztriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I think a well geared scion invoker vs a well geared transmuter the odds of 'winning' the fight are about even. I'll concede that even after soften & decalcify, an invoker can almost match a transmuter's spell damage for spell for spell. However the best a lone invoker can realistically hope for against a competant lone tranny is to make him run away. My only conceivable way to kill you was to use a curse scroll and get you in quicksand. - not easy to do.

All you have to do is land 1 bad neuro on me and i'm likely dead or very close to it. You did kill me 3 times and came close (<10 hps) at least twice by nailing a nasty neuro then following me around as I wimpied till I eventually died or the spell wore off. Later in life I geared exclusively for protection vs paralysis. At the time of your death I had something close to -65 saves vs paralysis with a stoneform amulet. With those kind of saves it was rare that any tranny got the killer neuro on me, but it has happened & did kill me vs (Essuvellyn, Eerolyin, & Iliena - sorry if i misspelled any names). Still even with those saves (-75 after my resist mental prep) you still could consistently do bash lag to me w/neuro which when combined with laging strikes was brutal.