Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Ginharq Blaenah the High Sorceress of the Arcane, Defender of Halflings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=36456
36456, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Ginharq Blaenah the High Sorceress of the Arcane, Defender of Halflings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 29 03:31:50 2005

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ginharq perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:490
36472, There she goes!
Posted by Ginharq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I finally age-died a character! I really wanted to try that as my chars usually con-die before that and though my char got draggy and somewhat dull towards the end of her life, I decided I still wanted to age-die a maran mage. I remember starting out in this game and wanting to roll a maran, but they didn’t want me because I plain sucked :) Transmuters are my favourite class for sure out of all that I’ve tried so far, and I seem to do better at support classes.

Gin was my first maran, and I had a lot of fun with it. Mantle is excellent for transmuters, increases their survivability by a lot, so gathering gear alone or PKing with them was much smoother. Also, decided to go transmuter for my maran as it is the only class I remotely know how to PK with if at all.

Gin was rolled at a time when there were very little marans about, and naref and shisi were the captain and marshall. Got inducted only at rank 40+. Then slowly, Fort numbers increased and maintained throughout her hero years, and now that she dies, the Fort numbers are dwindling again.

Gin was very laid-back and easy-going, yet also very aggressive. In the earlier part of her life, when there weren’t so many marans about, she would raid scion solo (empire was too tough) and it took her damn long..like a few runs..sometimes needing to word to cure maledictions and re-killing the nightwalker to take it, but it was pretty fun for me.

She was supposed to be a tactical maran, and not bash in headfirst, but later in her life she became more brash. If there was ever a thing as a village mage, Gin was meant to be something like that. She respected the Lords, then the marans (as a squire), then Fortress, then everyone else. She also give interviews with a somewhat Village style – the normal interview, plus a tactical situation, since she saw those who wanted to join the Brigade as fighters.

She was brought up by evil assassins for parents, so in the earlier part of her life, if you interacted with her, she was somewhat sneaky. Tried to set up a spy network for the Light, but it didn’t seem to work, and I got *ahem* lazy sorry. Later on, she became more open and warm as she spent time within the Fortress and Light. She wasn’t one who trusted outsiders much though.

On with the goodbyes! :

IMMORTALS :

Shokai – Thanks for the maranation! It was quite sudden, but I appreciate it. I remember the time before Aarn was about and you were holding the Fort alone, and you handled it so well. Thanks for your time and everything!

Aarn – Ha! I got a pleasant surprise when you were standing there, and there I was gabbing away and returning the squire dwarf the gear I got from his corpse and you said hi. :) Very cool imm, you lend the Fortress a cool edge. You seem like the type of good-natured but disciplined dwarf, thanks for your time as well.

Elriel people – Thanks for the interaction! It was fun, learning the new spells and all. What happened to the later part when we were walking about the swamps?

Halfling people – Thanks as well! I’ve never had such a quest before, and it was an interesting experience for me.

MORTALS :

FORTRESS:
BRIGADE : I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a squire/maran, and the interaction with most of you. Going to be some rough time ahead with the almost non-existant inductions and scions/imperials getting stronger currently! Some good fights coming up for you!

Iramath – In her entire life, you were her closest friend, then you became the Captain! So Gin being the way she is, treated you more like a captain than her maran buddy. Had a lot of good memories with Iramath, and you were the most awesome leader I’ve ever had the privilege to work under. Came as a shock when you called her to the Fort and deleted..I seriously thought Iramath would age-die. Oh well, the char impacted both me as a player and char both. Very well done.

Icthaen – Ahh..my arial buddy! You were lots of fun to hang out with. I enjoyed it because if I wanted to gather gear or you, we would happily go get the gear nicely. But you weren’t afraid to lose it either, and not afraid to go fight against odds, and Gin enjoyed that too! So we clicked pretty good. Very good char, and me listening on the village talk was very fun! ;) I believe they were furious.

Kristin – My best lady buddy! You were absolutely fun to hang out with, be it gathering gear or our gambling fetish ha. I believe we were the richest women in Thera thanks to you! :) You got Gin hooked on the bad habit }( It was action action action with you around, and oocly and icly I cheered whenever you logged in. By the way I think we come from the same country, drop me a line will you? My msn is vanjedahawkerick@hotmail.com

Alven – You seem to be doing really good, considering your religion/imm! Very well done, keep up the excellent work! I cannot believe you solo-ranked all the way up from 1-51, major respect for that.

Dorthonion – Bards are just so enjoyable to have in a group! You played it well, and was always up for some raiding with me. It had been awhile since I had a good fight, and that day when you logged in, I had so much fun. Thanks for that!

Martainn – The super calm assassin. You were always so calm! You were a pretty good friend and it was fun running around and ranking with you as Gin. Age-dying soon too? ;)

Zakarius – Ha! Bashing in at the palace trying to take the codex with you against Asfas and Tirnath was fun..it was great having Zak about for sure! I enjoyed the char.

Azidreth – Excellent scout, I’m really glad you got maranated! You thoroughly deserved it. Soften/decalcify + ram was so much fun..i enjoyed seeing the many eviscerates/demolishes hits slowly build up to obliterates as I casted each spell! :)

Nimelerion – A good-natured hearty elf! I liked that! ;) Keep trucking there..you’re doing great.

Tiburona – I enjoyed this char as well! Don’t see you all too much, but you fight pretty well for a thief. Sharp and smart too. Keep it up!

ACOLYTE : Man, I’m sorry if I seemed cold or angry with you guys sometimes, but many situations I was literally pulling my hair out. Acolyte really needs a strong leader to guide them, right now it is just like a mini version of the brigade. Peaceful rp is almost non-existant, and death and gear really shouldn’t bother an acolyte too much. It was frustrating bringing some of you along and then you die in a ridiculous way, felt bad about it as you would be in my group.

So after awhile, I decided I didn’t want to bring acolytes along anymore. If I had to face odds, I’d rather fight alone. Then came the gate gate gate (many Acolyte healers currently) or similar. Sometimes I didn’t want anyone there with me, or I wanted to hunt alone, and a gate was really the last thing I wanted.

Keep trucking though all of you, my first char was a scribe too, and I learnt a lot from the experience. Even worse, I was a weak warrior so I was virtually useless and just an annoying scribe. :p

Kalumgar – Marshall! ;) Ha! You were one of the few acolytes I really liked. Your rp made you seem tiny, like a gnome or something, but you were a tough dwarf in reality! Leading charges against palace and whatnot. I really enjoyed your char, and your wisdom as the prophet was impressive when Gin rped about her evil parents with you. Wish I could have hung out with you more!

Rilliana – You were also one of the few acolytes I liked. You actually *gasp* preached of the Light as an acolyte should! And *gasp* focused on being the shield and healing in fights like an acolyte should! And furthermore, wasn’t concerned over gear but people like an acolyte should! Even though you’re not the most experienced healer around, you’re doing the best you can, and you’re doing a damn fine job. Keep it up, I really think you should be acolyted, you’re faithful and a true acolyte.

Llyria – I enjoyed the char earlier in her life, you were actually quite fun to hang out and raid/defend with. But later on, somehow the char became somewhat distant and strange. Don’t worry about death, just go all the way out! :) You slowly became adept at the class too, keep learning, you’ve learnt a lot so far.

Rycik – Halfling! You always made me want to ruffle your hair, like a younger brother. A pretty cute char. Quite aggressive for a scribe though. You seem quite green to the game still, acolyte is certainly a good cabal to learn more about the game.

Cytherea – I really did not like you for some reason. You remind me of Jezerael a little bit when she was the cardinal. You gated to me quite a lot and it got annoying after some time. Also, a healer should be healing in battle, not fighting when your groupmates are getting hurt. An example from that day :

Enemy 1’s magic misses Groupmate.
Enemy 1's magic wounds Groupmate.
Groupmate is DEAD!!
Groupmate spills her guts all over the floor.
Enemy 2 is gushing blood.

<952/1033hp 976/1115m 792/792mv 21600xp 10 PM wilderness>
Cytherea's kick EVISCERATES Enemy 2!
Enemy 2 is gushing blood.

Perhaps you are not too familiar with healers and are more used to fighting classes, and I’m only seeing the bad side and not the good side of the char, sorry about that. Keep trucking though, I’m sure you’re doing good too.

SCION :
You guys are on the rise! I enjoyed fighting most of you, a pity I did not get to fight you more then I age-die. I had some new ideas in mind to fight you guys, and never got to try them out. :( Good job on owning us though..my last few deaths were mainly scion group fight deaths, you guys just seemed better at it! I am terrible at group fights, and prefer 1 on 1.

Sythlindora – One person not afraid to go against bad odds. Perhaps too brash? :) But I had quite some respect for the char. Your rp was pretty slick too, with the twisting of words and stuff. I liked it.

Akscereh – I liked this char too. Very well rped, and another one that is bold against odds. You’re a good chancellor, keep it up! Oh and that time you ran up to us at the Fort gates when we had the scepter, and quaffed the acid blast potion which hurt you and not us, was absolutely hilarious. I tell you, Rilliana always brings the incident up and all the Fort people would have a good laugh ;)

Alcaledies – You disappeared after awhile..but my fights with you were fun. In the beginning, I killed you easily. Then slowly, you started to kill me :) Your forms are pretty good, and you knew how to use shifters to kill. I’ve always thought shifters boring for PK (never really tried the class), but watching you PK with it, I was impressed. Your taunting whenever I died was annoying though }(

Runaktla – Can see that you’re slowly learning to use the class well! Keep up the good work as support for the group, you’re getting pretty smooth. It was horrible when you would neuro me for your group to kill..I should be doing it for my group! ;) Ha. Was fun.

Judaao – One that I would have liked to fight with 1 on 1, never got the chance. A smart shaman, good for the chasm.

Anubris – New with the class I think? You always tried to bash me to no avail. ;)

EMPIRE :
Good fights with most of you too. Empire wars were usually fun. Transmuters’ mana drop very fast, so going against centurions then players/vanquisher was quite tough. To let your foe go knowing you could have killed him with just one more neuro or so was sad. ;)

Asfas – My favourite imperial. I thoroughly enjoyed the rp with you, especially the time when we spoke of Gin’s background. Also, one not afraid of bad odds, always respect that. You were a very good healer too..those people that should have died easily become like rocks when you were their backbone. Keep up the good work.

Makholvek – You improved after awhile, very nice! Somehow I find myself liking the char somewhat. Fights with you were never a draw, it was always a pull to one party’s side. You always got away writhing/convulsing and I was quite healthy. But then again, when I got away writhing/convulsing, you were quite healthy. Good luck with dread lord.

Teurilla – Another good healer it seems. I was waiting and waiting for you to get to 42 so I could finally attack you when other imperials dragged you along and escaped with you out of range there, but only got to fight you once! Bah! Keep at it though, you seem good.

Tirnath – It seems to me you were usually only there when Asfas was about. Everytime I wanted to come kill you after Asfas quitted, I find that you would be gone too. Whip specs and healers are a good combo :)

VILLAGE :
Must have been boring fighting Gin! ;) All she’d do was c ‘word’ when you hit her. She refused to fight you even if you wanted her dead, unless you were an evil one.

Gerylanst – A strong and intelligent commander, interacted with you with another char as well, and on both sides, I liked the char. Your fiends were usually killers as is for transmuters ;) Keep going there!

Tuggluk – Much honour and spirit in you. Seemed pretty impressive!

OUTLANDERS :
Didn’t mix much with you guys either, nothing much in common among us! :) Seems like a fun, hearty cabal to me.

Reggie – I enjoyed that outing! Wish I could have interacted with you more.

Drahke – As said in your goodbye thread, enjoyed the fights and interaction.

TRIBUNALS :
I hated tribunals! :) Hated being wanted as I liked to hunt un-flat as it’s much faster. Corrupted tribunals in favour of scions was annoying! }(

Melacarfina – Didn’t mix much with anyone apart from own cabalmates and enemies, but I liked the char somewhat. Seemed just and fair, and always wanting to get to the bottom of things. Well done!

Onirakoth – Always much debate on you within the Fortress ;) With you as fuel in the Spire, war with it was dangerously on the border. Never talked to you I think, but you managed to weave yourself into my char’s life, with all that corruption! :)

Ceiekalak – A magistrate now aren’t you! Amazing. In Gin’s entire life, you were her deadliest foe. The hardest person to neuro ever, and you could tear me up in a few short rounds even when I was prepped. Sick beast. I liked your style, and that time you left nearly everything in my corpse when I attacked empire, I was more than surprised. Imperials, and the emperor, don’t do that!

OTHERS :
Jezerael – You were a rather amusing one..one moment you’d do something that I’d go ‘wow, she’s getting good’ and the next moment make me go ‘ugh! Why did she do that!?’ ;) You learn very fast, improved massively. And don’t worry about the Aarn thing, it seemed to make you all jittery and send me home when I was winning the fight sometimes. Always up for some fun, I enjoyed the char.

Kcejjedi – Everyone would be on their toes when you were about. All spoken of in your own thread. Good work.

Didn’t know writing a proper goodbye would take so long! :) As usual, I’m very sure I left someone out, sorry about that. Just post and I’ll reply. Thank you.

Sheryl.
36474, There she goes...
Posted by Alven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There goes my second favorite Fortress character :-( I really liked your presence around, the most important factor was I didn't have to ask for anything, you just knew which spells to grant, which is absolutely great. You never whined even when the odds were tough. That's the spirit! Also, very good job on Maran affairs - not many transmuters were actually killers (Dahrozirn springs to mind, and that's all). All in all, very well done and good luck with your next!

Alven
36612, Ahh yes..
Dahrozirn :) I was taking a look at all the transmuter pbfs i could find while playing Gin and Dahrozirn really impressed me, so he became a 'role model' ;) Never was as good as him though. As for casting the spells correctly, phew! Alven was constantly on the move so it was hard to cast spells on him (like those sneaky elves) unless I caught him asleep ;) You're a good maran who knows what he's doing..keep it up!
36475, Ooh you wascawy wabbit
Posted by Restraal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked (hated?) Ginharq a lot. The man with the hair-trigger disruptions that always seemed to stun into oblivion despite precautions. Whenever I'd see you pop in and out of duo, I knew I had to be extra careful. Strong character, no whining, gutsy--what more can you ask for in an opponent. Good luck with your next.

Resty
36613, Heh
I liked (hated?) Restraal a lot too. My stunning didn't pull off well on you really, just light ones that barely hurt :D So after awhile when fighting healers, I just tried to scare them away heh. Thanks for the compliment..you were a great opponent I enjoyed facing too.

As for the scion healer killer..you certainly were one! Even if the gank o meter says you're a faceless herd member ;)..53 pkills is impressive no matter what for a healer. Very well done.
36476, ps: What the heck is that Scion healer comment about?
Posted by Restraal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Restraal was my first and only healer, but I think I did ok (53 kills? GO ME! }( )
36477, RE: There she goes!
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were very tough and ballsy. Very impressive. I gathered
save vs paralysis gear near the end -just for you-. *wink*
Things changed -a little- between us near the end when I
gained ranks.

As far as your comment, I'm definitely not -new- to
Transmuters. What I AM new to is Marans who actually know
what they're doing (You, Kristin, Icthaen, and others) and
those who figured out to gather saves vs. paralysis. It was
never like this before *pout*.

Anyways, there were and still are a number of times I wanted
to be on your side of the coin just to see what ya'll are
like behind the scenes. Luck with the next,

- Runaktla
36478, Oops... more
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That time at the Archmage with me and Anubris... you owned
us. My jaw had dropped watching how you could keep us both
paralyzed for so damned long. You -were- a pain.

- Runaktla

PS: I'm saccing all that saves vs. paralysis gear now =)
36614, Behind the scenes..
We're just a bunch of giggly girls jostling each other :D It's a nicer picture as an enemy ;) One day I'd like to try a scion something, the politics and rp seem very interesting. Keep stunning the people out there then! The staff is also all yours now :D
36479, Akk
Posted by Vorroth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well damm... Im gonna miss having you about. Well played. Luck with the next one.

Vorroth
36615, Ahh..Vorroth!
Sorry I left you out! I liked Vorroth..and the times I didn't drag you to war was because Gin didn't believe it was your duty to do so. :) I really enjoyed the insisted aid though..the porcupine is AWESOME at the palace. I seriously was impressed, it was fun to watch! Thanks for the interaction was fun..take care!
36486, BAH!
Posted by Kalumgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I knew it was coming, but it still sucks to see it. Gin was bloody awesome and I hoped to see her everytime I logged on. You did exceptionally in every situation, and the story about your parents/past was really cool. I'm glad Kalumgar came across as a small figure as that was sort of my hope for him. You will be terribly missed, so come back soon!

Kal
36616, RE: BAH!
Heh, I'll come back for sure some day! ;) And you've interacted nicely with my other char now..still as Kalumgarish as ever. I enjoyed the express service that is Kalumgar, and the ale teacher. :) Keep up the prophet job! No more people to call you marshall now :D
36631, RE: BAH!
Posted by Kalumgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, drop me a line sometime, I'd love to talk some with you about Gin more. Kalumgar@gmail.com

Peace,

Kal
36492, RE: There she goes!
Posted by Cytherea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, thanks for the pointers. Seems like everyone is dying lately. Enjoyed your charecter and wish you the best in the future.
36617, Great
To see you take comments so graciously..says much about the person behind Cytherea in a good way! Am sure you'll make it far..keep the sun shining in the Fort!
36637, RE: Great
Posted by Cytherea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am very open constructive criticism. You made me rethink on how the charecter acts during raids. Wish you luck in your next incarnation.
36514, Booooooo!
Posted by Zakarius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ginny was one of Zak's favorites. So laid back. And the 'bored game' we played that day with Asfas and Tirnath was great. I think they bonded that day. Heh heh. Thanks for all the stuff you taught me.
36618, Ha!
Hey..we bonded too didn't we? :D Apparently the laid back thing..it was a like it or hate it thing..cos it grated on the other half of the population! And no prob..I really don't know much either..remember us exploring coral palace? It went so..nicely. :) Zak was cool.
36518, Giant no!!!
Posted by Rycik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I had a lot of fun interacting with you. And no, I am not new to the game heh. Granted this is my first shifter. I just like not to bring about knowledge to my other characters. Anyways, I hope to see you again in the fields.
36527, Nooo!!!!
Posted by Thorgus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always enjoyed your company, you always made combat so much easier. I hope you get as much out of your next character. ;-)
36619, Ahh..Thorgus!
You impressed me with your knowledge and seemed to be the leader type. Whatever little interaction we had was fun! Transmuters are also supposed to make combat easier! I'm glad I could do that for you :)
36540, ufff now you dead I can be in safe :)
Posted by Tirnath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>Tirnath – It seems to me you were usually only there when Asfas was about. Everytime I wanted to come kill you after Asfas quitted, I find that you would be gone too. Whip specs and healers are a good combo :)

I have just couple kills with a help of Asfas most of them without him. But looks like when you and my playing time was crossed he was above, thanks to gods for this, because Asfas saved my ass a lot of time. I must say we haven't meet that often because it's not my playing time in a real because of some ooc reason. But you were damned deadly.

Good luck with next.
P.S. Is there any non village warrior who at least once killed you on hero ranks?
36620, Yep there were a few
I kept a record of pkills/deaths so I had some sort of target ;) There were 3 warriors who killed me 1 on 1 at hero..Ceiekalak, Drahke and Menoch (this one my fault). Other warrior kills were group fights.

You are the war master now so you definitely must be good even without Asfas! ;) Indeed our times perhaps didn't overlap too much. God luck with empire!
36542, RE: There she goes!
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nicely played. Easily the deadliest transmuter of recent memory (defined as "Since I'm back"), and a character whose fights I often tried to watch to get a better feel for how to tweak/balance that class.

The whole "man" thing, though. God, did that grate on me.
36546, When I think of deadly transmuters
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually think the balancing factor is often barrier magic, not so much the class skills. And lagging gear helps too.

There was that one that helped the fortress all the time, but wasn't part of it, who was pretty deadly too.
36549, RE: When I think of deadly transmuters
>I actually think the balancing factor is often barrier magic,
>not so much the class skills.

I don't think you can completely separate the two. If I'm playing a transmuter, I can realistically choose (if I want to be very conservative) to never fight without barrier. In the more general case, I can choose to never fight other than on my terms. No other class is really as free to do so.
36550, Oh, and to keep this on Ginharq:
At least in the last few months, there really hasn't been anyone else playing transmuter that's been putting up the consistent quantity and quality of kills as Ginharq has been.

Hammond, for example, did great the couple times I saw him but was a short lived character. It's hard to say if two great fights are par for the course or if you just happened to watch the best/luckiest two fights of the character's life. With Ginharq there was a much bigger sample over time for me to see tactics and judge.

Additionally, Ginharq improved a lot over the lifetime of the character, so in terms of gauging balance, there's a lot more to see in terms of how the class plays out in relative newbieish vs. very skilled hands.
36561, Oh, I'm not disputing Ginharq's skill
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm just saying that I think a tweak to barrier would have a more drastic effect on the lethality of transmuters than a tweak to transmuter skills. That's based on the two lethal transmuters I've seen, which are Ginharq and the other one whose name I forget, but who killed Baendra a couple of times (or would have had Lariya not finished me off first).

Being able to soak up damage gives you a lot more options.

As far as Hammond goes, all his fights were great. You could have picked any to watch. (Just joking. I was Hammond.) Actually two of my three deaths involved me doing something wrong, although in one case I was dying no matter what, since rp forced me to fight.
36573, I was thinking of Gradaelus, btw nt
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
36622, You're right..
That being able to soak up more damage gives you more options..transmuters play like that :D And as for me, the main reason for survivability and damage soaker wasn't barrier, but mantle. Having played a non-maran transmuter too, I could really see the difference. Also, quickening helps with the survivability. My first transmuter died a lot when caught slowed. With Gin, I was aware of that so whenever I was unflat, I was normal/quickened.

The barriers I knew started returning when I was hero for a short time, prior to that I hardly had barrier and relied on other preps. Of course, barrier boosts survivability even more, and was necessary for certain tougher foes that dealt more damage. The average foe though, mantle (or another prep) was sufficient on top of the normal transmuter spells.
36621, Thank you!
I had no idea you watched me at all, or that much! Thank you for watching and I hope I helped some with the tweak/balance for the class! :D Transmuters are hands down my favourite class (partly because I'm lazy and no need to gather preps heh). Thanks for your time and post!
36559, The old age death...
Posted by Ceie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
heh you gotta be happy when you live that long, but then its always hard letting the char go, only age died two chars myself so far and never a con death :( I'm glad you got to enjoy some aspects of Ceie, and damned glad you had trouble neuroing me for some reason, heh, I always was a bit more hesitant when you were around with some support. And as you could probably tell, you took the priority for who to try to kill/chase off. Yeah, I normally do leave a lot of things, in fact I think I've normally done that with most chars(I always do try to keep in perspective it is a game), it depends on Ceie's mood and some other factors such as respect and need and the like. Anyways good job on the char from all I saw, see you in the fields.
36623, Wow
Never con-died, only age died?! Thats impressive! And yes I started the chase since I'm maran and supposed to want you dead. :D You always managed to escape and disappear like a true artiste when hurt, or finish me off when going good. Definitely know what you're doing. A strong and good foe. Hope to catch you again.
36574, Nicely done
Posted by Onirakoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character from what I saw. I'd always locate that certain little something I knew you had to make sure you weren't around to hold me when I'd come mess around with the Fortress. Well played.

-O-
36578, RE: There she goes!
Posted by Shisi. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll be honest and say I had my doubts when I first inducted you(that whole man thing was pretty dang grating). But you were up there with Wungar on my good list, proving yourself. So I made it one of the first things to do once I got promoted. Glad to see you made quite a name for yourself, and having fought alonside of(Gaf) and against(I think, there were quite a few Fort transmuters on with Krelissa) Lekerjey, as well as witnessing you in combat before you fortified, I can easily see how you made such a good name for yourself. Was great spending the time with you. Luck on the next, hopefully I'll get to interact with that one too.

Kudos and all that,
Shisi
36624, Marshall :)
It really took a lot of effort for me to enter the Fort! :) I bugged all of you all day long until the irritation must have made you sit down and interview me heh. Yeah the man thing was to reinforce her laid-backness, didn't work too good? :) I enjoyed Shisi's time, there were many good fights back then, and you were always a 'fight' marshall. Had fun, hope you're enjoying your current char!
36596, RE: There she goes!
Posted by Dorty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Dorthonion – Bards are just so enjoyable to have in a group! You played it well, and was always up for some raiding with me. It had been awhile since I had a good fight, and that day when you logged in, I had so much fun. Thanks for that!"

Everytime I would log on, or be there when you arrived I always grined while sitting in front of the screen. I hated fighting two to three enemies alone, not because I would lose,(Not that I haven't lost my share of fights.) but because nine of ten times they would get away from me no matter how right I did things in sequence. Ginny was my great equalizer and a wonderful, selfless friend. As Nep said, you were deathfull and fun to watch. Wether we were raiding and putting the fear of the light into the baddies or just exploring you, Kris, Halhaer and Iccy..I mean Icthaen ;) always made it a blast. Wish I had been there for your passing. That would have been great rp from a covenite's perspective. You'll be missed greatly.

Dorthonion
36625, RE: There she goes!
I would feel bad when you died when I dragged you against enemy odds on their grounds heh..but you would take it so nicely and insist on going at it again! That was definitely fun. And yes, I really wished someone was there when I age died..I logged in, there was no one. So apparently I had one hour? I waited abit still nobody. So I decided to talk to enemies like Asfas :D Who didn't get the hint }( So I killed myself! Dorthonion had good spirit and dignity. Enjoyable and keep it up!
36644, RE: There she goes!
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some fun, back with my fortresite Dralgarth. (conjie). WHen I first joined the fort and you logged on and greeted everyone over CB with a HEy MAN! I thought, oh great another tool. But then I got to meet you and travel a bit, and I liked what I saw. You seemed to always steal my kills with your damn OBLITERATE disruptions, you bastarD!!! Well done, and I look forward to your next. Heh

36647, *mutter*
Another tool!? Ha! Well I had fun with Dralgarth too ;) I really enjoyed the times when you, Martainn and me were about together and hunting separately..it's one of the most smooth huntings ever for me and lots of fun. I'm sure I'll meet your next char. ;)
36719, RE: There she goes!
Posted by Jezerael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did very well and hell i'll miss running around with you on raids and such. Yes, I guess I became a bit jittery and sending you home on a few ocassions because of the Lord Aarn thingy. If you wish to stay in touch write me at skywarn777@yahoo.com
36468, Wow, well done.
Posted by Icthaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character, age/con dying a maran is the way to go. I knew you with Agaeobab while you were just getting your feet wet, and then with Icthaen I don't think I ever remember having to tell you to cast something on me, because you would do it even before I asked. Or the funny times when I would start typing 'slow me please' and by the time i hit enter i'd be slowed. You were damn gutsy, the gutsiest transmuter i've ever seen. Yet not suicidal, you somehow managed to do some awesome stuff. Anyway, well done again, hope I see you next time I'm in the fields in some form.
36626, RE: Wow, well done.
Thanks for your comments! :) And you were the gutsiest warrior I knew as well! Ahh Agaeobab indeed..the times when the Fort was low and Agaeobab was constant and available whom I bugged all day :D It was so much fun back then..Gin's first real friend was Agaeobab, and her last good friend was Icthaen. You really play memorable and strong figures, and I hope you come back soon! I'm sure I'll meet the next, and it'll be enjoyable too. A great CF gem.
36467, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Ginharq Blaenah the High Sorceress of the Arcane, Defender of Halflings
Posted by Tanera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you bigtime...
Having played an Arcane I can not understand
how successfull you were...
I died so freaking much with mine...

Well.. good luck with your next one..
36627, It's really great..
To have a ranger in the Fortress you know? Like the territory outside the Fort is now really ours! :) I couldn't wait for you to rank up and the fun would REALLY begin..snared opponents whom we could pick off 1 by 1 bah. Too bad there wasn't enough time to do that :( Good luck with the Fortress, I like your spirit.
36463, Uh,now I get what you meant by "I am too old to strike"
Posted by Asfas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, you was a real pain, especially when you was high above in my range. Annooying and very deadly even alone. You was truely a zealous maran, who rushed foward to crush the enemy. Pity didnt understand last time that you felt you are about to die and didnt interact with tou. Asfas truely respected you, though refused to see your sense.
Respect and luck with your next.
36628, Yep!
I hoped I brought some senseless fun to you when the realms was quiet and I came knocking on palace doors even though I knew you wouldn't die under my hands :) Gin respected you too..and why are you not a maran healer? }( You certainly would do well with your zealousness..coming to retrieve against 5,6 forties and escaping a few times was certainly respectable. A pain yourself, you do great!
36629, Oh and 1 more thing
Why are you not the imperial high priest? ;) I was looking out for you to be it but seems Zheairth is the high priestess. I am merely curious since you do really well, at least from my side :)
36648, Answer
Posted by Asfas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thats all the playing times I suppose. I havent seen the Emperor since he was a Black Servant I guess :)
And being a maran healer isnt very funny I think - as I told one of your healers, fortress looks like a hospital already:)
Still you truely brought a lot of fun to me... and most important - adrenalin. When you was about eight ranks on me, I was sometimes quite close, even if you didnt think so. So that adrenalin was awesome.. that's what we all play, arent we?:) And I guess I was quite a coward in comparance with you - you rushed inside with me and Tirnath about and that's almost a suicide.. most times you fled becouse of failed curse or expired entwine.. Respect.
See you on the fields, man.
36457, Oh no.. What will I do now?
Posted by Nimelerion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Irl, woke up from a nightmare... so I was poking at the boards.
See CF has invaded my dreams.
:)
Very nice job. Disturbingly good at knowing what spell is needed when. Even if you just showed up. I've played a transmuter so I know
what it is like, mine was naturally sneaky though.

Good luck with the next.
36630, RE: Oh no.. What will I do now?
Heh..I would just check important spells occasionally that's why the spells were up most of the time! :) And I enjoy playing support too is why. :) Nimelerion certainly has good spirit and zeal and I enjoyed the char.