Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectEMPIRE (Vladamir may want to read):
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=35022&mesg_id=35051
35051, EMPIRE (Vladamir may want to read):
Posted by Tjok. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
EMPIRE:
Blitzenturt was hands down the most challenging opponent I came up against with this character. A polearm/mace warrior that can see through camo. That’s a serious challenge. In general, any Imperial with that Power is a challenge. But you give it to a Polearm-spec and it increases exponentially. I had to work out a few ideas, but it required Blitzenturt to put himself at risk. Anyway, I didn’t have to face the combo much because I think Blitzenturt put Outlanders fifth on his list of cabals to hit – oftentimes there’d be a 2-4 imperials, one of them Blitzenturt, and they’d make the rounds to the different cabals, only to skip Outlander. Empire seems to also place second on Outlander’s list of cabals to hit.

One funny thing about Blitzenturt: I thought it was bad play, too, that he’d grabbed Vlad’s leaderweapon multiple times, so when Blitzenturt died one time to Outlanders, I grabbed his. At first I was going to offer it to the Ancients for sacrafice it at the top of the Jade Mountains, but then I realized the Ancients wouldn’t really care about it. So I gave it to an Acolyte as a mini-quest to have Selric destroy it – which Selric did. Anyway, given Vlad’s repeated posting on the subject, I thought he might rest easier knowing that his weapon was righteously returned to the Light.

In General, though, like I said above I think we were fifth on your guys’ hit list, and you were second on ours – so we didn’t have very many knock down drag out fights.

Urog: Liked your character, a lot. Just a gutsy, clever guy. Don’t autodelete your Imm, man! Get working on that area!!

Veulios: Don’t think I posted in your goodbye, but you were smart and memorable. You’re a good example of how to take on a ranger with a class that doesn’t seem suited for it.

Ceiekalak: You were definitely clever and wily, but through no fault of your own, suffered by comparison to Blitzenturt. Also, through no fault of your own, Empire seriously waned in power because you apparently couldn’t log on – it’s hard to throw in the towel and tell the Imms to appoint someone else, but sometimes it’s got to be done.