Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectOUTLANDER!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=35022&mesg_id=35048
35048, OUTLANDER!
Posted by Tjok. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
OUTLANDER:
I went through a lot of ups and downs with this cabal. I guess the thing that made me stick with it was sheer determination – I didn’t want to leave unless the cabal was in a better position than it was when I became leader. And it seemed like everytime it was in a better position, key people would delete :P Maybe it’s fate, I don’t know, but Outlander is on the most promising upswing right now that I have seen while playing (almost since the beginning of the cabal). For a long time, I’d wondered what this character would be doing when he age-died. I just didn’t want to be gathering preps or reclothing or something stupid. As it turns out, he age-died at the Spirit, having just successfully gaining the Scales and getting revenge on a Tribunal. I laughed.

Anyway, I think I’m hooked on Outlander; I opened my eyes and saw the True Evil in CF: the Tribunal cabal. I just freaking hate those guys. If I rolled another character (I won’t be able to for a long time) it’d be another Outlander-type. It would be a healer so I could pull a Restraal, make some warrior type 10x as powerful, and make those damned Tribunal “bleed through the ears.”

Imms: In general, I really want to thank you all. You gave me so much latitude and freedom and overlooked the roleplaying mistakes I made (although the ones I can think of were in desperation to get the fetish). Retrieving and to a lesser extent raiding were hands down the hardest aspects of Tjok’s life. The best thing you can do for a mortal leader is give them the kind of latitude you did. Thanks. Much.

Andrlos: If you’re still around, take a look at my post below re: Scion, and tell me what the heck were you referring to? I’m still confused.

Players:
Going to stick to things I couldn’t say in other Goodbye threads:

Nok:
I couldn’t say this before in your goodbye thread, but now that Tjok’s dead, I can tell you I vividly remember that time we were camped outside Blackclaw waiting for .. Ok .. I can’t vividly remember the Mummy’s name. Anyway, when you up’d and ran into Blackclaw, knowing he’d summon you into a noexit room that neither of us could get into or out of? Even though you died, I was flat out impressed and humbled. I don’t have it in me to throw myself into an impossible situation like that. Then, after you died/were full looted, when I increduously asked you why you did that, you said your senses overcame you with the smell of such a broken thing (Mummy). I was even more impressed and humbled. Then I read your goodbye thread – obviously I’m still impressed, but a little less humbled (only because it wasn’t your own motivation). Really, really good job. I’m almost sure I’ve never played with one of your characters before, so it was a pleasure.

Krystia(et al.) and Aesrira: You’re both tied for second in terms of roleplaying. In fact, I thought you were played by the same person until Norkie died.

Krystia(et al.): I know I posted in your various goodbye threads, but just to reiterate: I hope you don’t lose your ability to make IC sacrifices and suffer legitimate setbacks in order to keep to your role. Sometimes I can’t do that. Rarely do I see other people do that. You did it all the freaking time. It was amazing. Sometimes inspirational. Thanks for the fun and good luck with that photojournal project you’re working on.

Aesrira: Good luck. I have a feeling you’ll do an amazing job. You don’t seem to get wrapped up in things that burn people out. For me, it is the raid/retrieval continuum. I really like how you’re able to keep a laser focus on “creativity” and “thinking outside the box” – kind of like storywriting. Kind of Thror-ish.

Cathoria/Karrel: OK. Impressed by both of you. Inspirational in a different way than Krystia – you guys made people want to push harder and challenge themselves more. You guys were just feared and fearless. If everyone played the game the way you did, it would be 3x as fun.

Rogue’s various characters: Sort of like proto-Cathoria/Karrel. You weren’t feared, but you were absolutely fearless. You charged into situations where I never would. Now if you could figure out a way to win those.. you’d be on to something. But for now you have the right attitude to make CF fun.

Reggie: You’re the only guy I’ve ever inducted with a borderline name :P Basically, I liked your style. I think there’s a danger to playing invokers, though, where you get lost in the spam and forget what it is that makes you want to actually “play” that character – so don’t get caught up in that trap.

Interviewees:
Maybe I seemed harsh sometimes. But I wanted to challenge people and see where they really stood. Also, the Interview? That’s realistically the ONLY time I get to talk in-depth with people I’m going to be in the same cabal with. It’s FUN to sit down and talk, but who has the time? Not me. So I exploited that one opportunity.