Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAlso something to bear in mind...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=34320&mesg_id=34499
34499, Also something to bear in mind...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At the time Boobert and I were leading the Fort, Kelins logins were far far less frequent then they were towards the end. At the time I spoke to him, he said to me and I quote "If I'm not here again within ten elven days, I understand if you remove me". We're talking weeks at a time of inactivity. Sure, Kelin may have racked up over 600 hours in a years time, but it wasn't in 2 hours a day sections, it was weeks of inactivity, interspersed with marathon sessions. Towards the end he was on VERY frequently, but again, off where he couldn't be reached.

I rolled Celebrimbor in March of last year. According to Valg, Kelin rolled in January. Thats 3 months difference, and yet I was a hero while Kelin was still in the very low-mid ranks. People may look at 600 hours and say "Wow thats a lot of time" and it is, but until you look at the overall picture including things like how long between logins, and how long his sessions were, you don't really see my perspective. How many of us even have a character live for 3 months, let alone have one still in the low-mid ranks after 3 months?