Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Caoimhellin
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=24258&mesg_id=24371
24371, RE: Caoimhellin
Posted by Kardok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well played overall. Of course, I didn't see what actually transpired with either demotion, but I did see that when you did start to get criticized, you didn't react well. I can only assume you fell into a death trap in the first demotion, and a certain invoker slew you to get you out of there, but I could tell from your first response to Khasotholas that you were going to get demoted. Instead of arguing the validity of the point, I would have just said something along the lines of "Your point is well noted, I will make ****** pay for his transgressions to the Empire, in one way or another." if I were in your shoes.

I'm only guessing that you tried to defend yourself a little to vehemently again from the sounds of the second demotion. Remember, you are arguing with a relatively all-powerful being. The second time, I would have said "I agree that that is not the optimal way to attain the Orb, but once it was put in my hands, I saw little choice but to deliver it to it's rightful spot, I will drop it and leave it on the ground next time, if that is your wish."

Anyway, that's my advice on how I would have reacted in those two situations, it is quite possible you would have gotten out of both without a demotion. Anyway, good luck on the next