Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=23835
23835, (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 18 21:31:05 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Azkerria perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:39
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:342

23847, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Posted by Leesah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, I'll miss you!
I remembered you as a fixture to the Inn, for the various times I'd spend in there..

You know, all you had to do was ask, and we could have atleast got you one more con by getting you to 40..
Leesah does tend to hero everyone under the sun, a ranger is no different. :)
23851, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Posted by Azkerria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A fixture for the inn, heh. I was there more than Olin! Alas, had I known you could've helped me get to 40 I would've asked. Ah well, it was sort of Az's thing to fudge up and fail so close to the mark. I'll miss you too, you was always nice to me.
23845, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Posted by Qirinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. What can I say. You're one of those friendly people that I'll miss dearly. I'll lay some catnip in your honor.

Qirinor tickles you - hee hee.

23850, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Eat one of those whiskey steaks for me, reckon they was my favorite. You were an interesting Herald, I don't ever recall there being chefs in the inn before. There could have been, but you was the first I ever met... I had 29 owlbear steaks for you, too, but I didn't see you a'fore I left. I gave them all to Louivous cuz he didn't have no food. Ah well.. Thank you for the farewell.
23837, Farewell, from Azkerria
I reckon I shall miss goin to the inn and drinkin' Soucivi's tea, and jokin' around with the regulars. I reckon I'll even miss Eyhon telling me what a bad ranger I was. And I was a bad ranger. I did spend too much time in the inn. But Azkerria was a coward, did anyone ever figure that out? She also never went through with anything she talked about. Azkerria's life goal was to reach the 40th title.Oh, so close! All her life she fell short of her dreams, and she knew it, that's why she lurked around the inn. If she surrounded herself with friends, she'd be less of a failure. Did I gid too far into a role by making her with such nuances and insecurities? She always second guessed herself and her skills, and when people pointed out her shortcomings she got mad.

I'll even tell you a little secret: This game in infinately more worthwhile to play when you make friends in the inn versus mindlessly killing things and PKing. It's interaction with other people that makes things worthwhile. So while Azkerria may have been Thera's worst ranger to date because of all her hours spend in the Inn of the Eternal Star, she will never regret chosing that path. **She loved all her friends, and you know who you are. She hugged you on sight. **

A couple of you may be curious why I didn't pray to the immortals for more life... Azkerria followed the Sphere of Seasons. She never feared death in the sense that she didn't really mind her *FINAL* death. She always knew that death is necessary for life, and she knew with her death a new life shall enter Thera, and life/nature will be perpatuated. However, like I said, she was a coward, and she wanted to delay that final death as long as possible. She was never fully at peace with her beliefs of the cycle of life until the end. And when she finally, honestly, truly believed "It's alright" she decided it was time to go. The peace gave her courage to fight, and fight she did. She didn't win. She never won, not once.

But finally, in the end, she died without fear.

PS: Soucivi, don't you dare lose the staff. I can't make you another anymore.
23839, How did you manage to con die a ranger?
Posted by Mahar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
23840, Not everyone plays with pk in mind. Thats probably how. n/t
Posted by Dexy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
23841, RE: How did you manage to con die a ranger?
Well, Azkerria would like to thank all of the Anti-Paladins and necromancers who summoned her, slept her, blinded her, gave her the plague and then killed her before she had a chance to blink. A great deal of con goes to them. Azkerria also liked to explore a lot. Which means she also got into a lot of bad situations, in which suicide or starving to death were he means of escape. That is how Azkerria lost all of her con loss as a ranger.
23842, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Posted by Faceless on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's people like you that make this mud great. Not because you chose rp over pk and spent much more time than was healthy for your character in the Inn, but because you don't regret it when others mock you for it.

Good job and good luck with your next.
23849, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Posted by Eyhon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How on earth you could miss me I don't know. Did I ever do anything else
than remark your poor skills? Oh well, good luck on the next.
23852, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Funny thing is, her last day alive Azkerria spent 90% of her time outside trying to perfect the last 3 skills of hers that she hadn't perfected yet. But, she died before she could perfect Ambush <98%>, Entangle <98%>, Protection heat cold <99%>, and bark skin which was somewhere around 93%...

She kind of had a quest to prove Eyhon wrong and show she could do just as well as he did. I reckon I'll miss you since you inspired her to perfect things, even if it was out of spite.
23860, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Posted by Eyhon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't do that well actually. Anyway, cool and good luck with whatever you do next.
23864, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Posted by Iladir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahhh, our friendship was short but still a good time. Its a shame you had to go just as I was starting out.
23865, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Aw, Iladir, you're the little paladin, right? I'm touched you'd leave me a word of farewell, that's very kind of you. It's a shame Azkerria never got to see you grow older, but I have hopes for you. You better make it to Hero and give all those anti-paladins who killed me hell, eh? When you reach about rank 40, then you can go help out those Paladins near Udgaard that I was telling you about. And you've chosen a hard path to follow, good luck.
23866, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Posted by Lialnst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, Hey! I was a cook! Bah! You forgot me totally, its me, the old chef of the eternal star! Hope ya used the claw extensions well..It was really funny, I found them in aldevari as I got skull rings.
23868, RE: Farewell, from Azkerria
Aw, I'm sorry! I didn't know you were a cook! In fact, I never even really saw you around the inn much, and I was surprised when I found out you were a Herald.

Those claw extensions were lovely, and I did get some use out of them. However, an anti-paladin killed me and took them from me, so I didn't get to appreciate them for long.
23836, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Posted by Soucivi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, Az...I shall miss you and your penchant for making me smile. I remember seeing you at the Inn, the first time...I wondered what a ranger was doing there...then I grew to know you. You were being right where it was intended.

Rest well.
23838, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Goodness Soucivi, you posted a farewell before I even got to speak me final words, heh. Even I wondered what I was doin' in that inn so much, bein' a ranger. I reckon it was always the people in there that brought me back. At first it was Inzae, she was me first real friend. Then it was you and Altiniel. It was bound to happen sooner or later.. Sorry I wasn't able to live forever like I tried to do. Reckon I've passed the torch onto you now. You best live forever, or I'ma be mad.

Have a cup of tea for me. Azkerria winks at you suggestively.
23843, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Posted by Makasoy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well It was fun being around you Azkerria I'll miss you antics as
i'm sure others will, You were a good friend and I'll miss ya.

Makasoy Master of Mithril.
23844, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Azkerria the Ranger Lady Initiate
Azkerria jumps out of the shadows and tackles Makasoy.

Antics? What antics? She was such a serious character... Ah, there were some good laughs in the inn. I met you late in life, but it's good friends like Makasoy that made Azkerria's time in Thera worthwhile.