Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jirash the Claw of Light, Elder Maran
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=23518
23518, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jirash the Claw of Light, Elder Maran
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 10 13:48:23 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Jirash perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:602
PK Ratio:46% (closer to 100% is better)

23571, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jirash the Claw of Light, Elder Maran
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I talked to you a whole lot as elder really liked the way you played
and that you and I without truely knowing it opened up much better
relations between the village and Fortress and quiet possibly caused
the new emperor after Astilamos. but thats a big long story. Loved
your char very well played for a thief which I dont truely like
thieves to begin with but I liked you. Luck on your next.

Darktears
23633, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jirash the Claw of Light, Elder Maran
Posted by Jirash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah.. was kind of funny in a way.

Though I tended to help the village if there were no baddies about if they were attacked. Now get back to killing those imperials!

Good luck

Jirash
23531, I really had ya pegged for con death...
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Guess you weren't quite sneaky enough to hide from the reaper eh?
I'm surprised you lasted that long.

Really a great character. have fun with the next.

23532, RE: I really had ya pegged for con death...
I had 7 con left when I went around the corner, so it'd take a while yet, but gimme another 100 hours and I think I'll manage to get it done ;)

And I fully intend to, though I'll take a little pause for a few hours }(
23528, Well, well, so it finally ends.
Oh my, oh my… what a ride. What started off as an experiment with felar thieves and the push path evolved into what I thought would be the eternal squire of the Fortress. Then one day out of the blue Jirash is named Maran and from there on it was all a big rollercoaster ride, more or less. There were ups and there were downs, little doubt about that.

Jirash was a thug thief, all the way. I got to use all of the skills granted I had at least once with one exception: nimble fingers which was the last skill I was able to get at Hero. I was probably the only thief in Thera who didn’t have the ordinary blackjack-skill and instead relied on weaponbutt blackjack, which worked fairly well. I used mostly spears and the odd mace for dealing with assassins and don’t think I was worse off for it. Daggers more or less became a second priority to have, as I seldom used them to their full potential.
My favourite skill though was not the most powerful one, but definitely the one I enjoyed the most: bribe mercenary. Seeing the faces on lowbie raiders/retrievers when their mercenaries walked off and was released was priceless.

As for fighting, alone and in groups, Jirash didn’t mind fighting along two friends if it meant the job would be done. He also did walk alone into some rough fights, barely escaping some times, dying others. If you only saw the “ganging” side, look harder.
What often made me laugh the most though was the issue of looting. More than a few times I’d have fire giants and duergars telling me “You’re going to take all my things just like that?”
Let’s see: Felar. 17 Strength. I want to keep a low weight to be able to dodge well. I have trouble enough as it is with my own gear and stuff. Yes, damn right I’m going to loot your 500 pound set, including all the rafts, since it’s those I have the most use for. Think people, think before you tell. (That being said, I don’t claim to be a genius, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous)

The time as Captain was fun and challenging, the only thing I have to say there is a big thank you to Shokai for letting me wear the title as first non-warrior, non-paladin Captain. As a side note to applicants I interviewed: If I ever seemed bored, it might have been just that. There were many who made it interesting, others the words had to be dragged out of, something I never found very enjoyable.

All in all, Jirash was a pleasant experience and I can only hope he put wrenches in the wheels for all the evil sneakies out there, sure seemed like it from time to time. I’m sure I had more to say, but it’ll have to wait a few days or something. On to the farewells:

IMMORTALS

Shokai – Thanks for making me a Maran, I never thought it’d happen so I was more than a little surprised. Keep trucking

Vynmylak – Glad to see that you’re back. Your words of encouragement was always very appreciated.

Velkurah – Thank you for seeing me off.

Sevarecan – Watcher: Sevarecan is raiding. *Run to fort* *gut shot falcon* *falcon flies off*
Rinse and repeat until you Immed. Immensely frustrating, yet the only option for you many times so kudos for that. Though it happened so often that some times people didn’t even bother running back to the fort as they knew you wouldn’t finish it.

FORTRESS

Erenthell – Thank you for inducting me back then, I was more or less certain you’d send me away at first instead of helping me through it all.

Gorthalon – The one who gave me a recommendation, then keeps on living, and living, and living and… you know how it goes. Well done nonetheless.

Calisha – The sneaky fela with the deadly sting. I enjoyed your company a lot and was really impressed with some of the things you’d manage to pull off, well done.

Anadriewien – My healing friend that poofed off to hero when I couldn’t be around for a day or two :D

Sarkarian – Where’d you go off to? One day you were there, then the other you were just gone.

Gwyythinniel – I’ve known your past creations, and I knew this one as well, was a blast whenever we’d be able to go hunt together.

Rogardian – I knew you best as a mortal, so I’ll put you here. Whenever you came on my heart lifted as I knew the tide was turning. Watching you fight with that sword made me cringe.

Lariya – My friend in the council. Stout paladin from what I saw. Fighting beside you was just like standing next to Rogardian, sometimes I felt I could just sneak off and the difference would be minimal as far as damage output went :D

Beltantis – Another paladin I enjoyed seeing around, you’d always figure out some way to put a thorn in our enemies arses.

Jaedren – You stuck to the code through it all, even when it meant going into an impossible situation to try and get my fuzzy hide out of there, well played.

Obaznuk – I’m so pushing you around and throwing you into the water when we go fishing. Solid fighter and crazy like few, good luck in the heavens.

Vorondel – The Cardinal I knew, an invaluable friend on more occasions that I can count. Your spells and presence helped a lot, thank you and keep it up.

Jallas – Keep trucking and it was nice to have you around for the last.

Kyrissa – Only felar left in the fort I think, keep an eye on the dwarves for me :P

There were countless others in the Fort that I knew, fought beside and enjoyed being together with, but I fail to remember all, so I’ll just thank you all and hope you’ll do well out there.

HERALD

The Inn guard – Feh on you. I didn’t fight that much in the bar, honest!

BATTLE

Fought beside you a few times and against you on a few others.

Zylundak – The delay in grouping you that last time was all because I didn’t want you to see the transmuter I had grouped and had to ask leaving first :D

Kackrik – Now that was an interesting one. Got you once in Barovia, after that I did my best to stay away from you as I wasn’t too keen on the idea on getting an axe planted in my forehead. We fought some, talked some, all enjoyable. Toots

Flaerglum – Poisoners are icky, and I wouldn’t have wanted to be on the wrong side of that rag you put over people’s faces.

SCION

The chasm has it rough, many enemies and few allies, yet somehow manage to stay alive.

Etarekoth – Wanted to fight you on a few times, but every time I’d spot you in a place other than the chasm you’d be gone before I could get a second “where” through.

Vanar – I got you once, and I wasn’t about to accept that challenge for a duel. Engulf/geyser is just not pretty when you’re a felar and on the wrong end of those spells.

Ghuljun – I was so close it was icky to getting you that time on Eastern, can’t have been many hitpoints left. On all other occasions you tooled me utterly, as I would expect :P

TRIBUNAL

Morrilion – Now you were a big, big annoyance. On the other hand, one could always count on you swooping down when you weren’t in town. Don’t think it ever resulted in a death on either side, but was fun fights.

Kelrizza – Didn’t like you aiding the imperials, even though I can understand why a trib would want to. Made it all the harder to go up against the Palace with you around.

SYLVAN

Was always wary around your bunch, one could never count on what would happen if you spotted a foe that was a friend of mine (read: Warlocks), even so, the few times I got to fight beside you, it was always appreciated aid, mostly to get the Orb/Sapling back.

WARLOCK

Azharadon – Solid invoker, a great friend and ally. Invokers in the right hands are just scary and you proved it, well done.

And the best for last, or well… just kidding.

EMPIRE

Now this bunch of characters… was probably the ones I hated and loved to hate the most. Also, they were the ones I fought the most through the past months. Thus, there are a lot of you but we’ll see how many I remember.

BLADE SECT

Heketool – Sorry, Heketul. The only evil bard I’ve seen use fire and ice on a felar maran. You grew more and more slippery though, so I’ll give you that.

Khalizad – A beast that I had the not so pleasant experience on seeing the axes of. Somehow the amount of hurting you could put out was just icky.

Dryzzel – Icky to fight.

Fire giant warriors – There’s other weapons to use than axes out there.

Jestopeia – I’ll give you a special mention only because of one thing, confirming why I dislike many imperials :

Jestopeia tells you '####in ass '
Jestopeia tells you 'you keep all my swords'
Jestopeia tells you 'your such a #### have to have the bard up your ass all the time or you run like a bithc'
You tell Jestopeia 'If... you knew what you were talking about, you'd be grateful, duergar'
Jestopeia tells you '#### you bitch'
Jestopeia tells you 'you know better than to fight me alone '

Had I been you, I’d be more than grateful to get anything back, considering Empire’s full looting policies at times. (There are exceptions to this and I believe you know who you are)

SHADOW SECT

Hmm... where’d you all go? When ranking up, I saw a lot of you, then as soon as I hit hero, you were more or less gone. Even so..

Yanacek – Poisoners are still icky. Getting slept, then damned to oblivion to finish off with a rot from Zhenzar wasn’t fun, but even so we managed to get a few good fights off.

Menzaen – How you pulled it off, I don’t know, but getting back into the Empire must be proof of something, even if I can’t name it.

DIVINE SECT

Izuvererus – Keep your whining IC and you just might actually get a respectful response. As a tip for the future: Don’t make people think you are Thornarcrull’s player, only anguish will come of it.

Various duergar shamans – Feh on you. Playing summon-the-thief-into-my-fire-giant-buddy-with-axes never appealed to me, even though I know I managed to catch some of you alone sometime I generally didn’t stick around if there was people with you.

Healers – Always an annoyance.

BLACK SECT

Kogefibo – The first imperial necromancer that I fought as I ranked up and who kept coming back even though you disappeared a while before coming into the hero-range.

The other necromancer, S-something (Dread-lord) – Was fun fighting

Astilamos – That time you fell to me and Calisha made my day and following week, I’ll freely admit that. Other than that, axes are bad, very bad. Especially coupled with a summoner who can see you.

OTHERS

Illademn – A good friend that stuck with me all the time, was always comforting to have you around. That last tell went through 2 seconds before my timer went out though, so sorry to leave you hanging like that ;)

Zentilsh & Gradaelus – Thanks for the battles the last few days, was fun fighting beside you.

Dralith – I was more or less convinced you’d be a scarab after that first long talk we had, but never seemed to happen. Fought you a few times, always seeming to end with one or the other running.

Well, that’s it suppose. Jirash lived a long time (think I rolled sometime back in June 2003), so I’m forgetting a lot of people here, but holler up and I’ll respond if I can. See you in the fields, toots.

Jirash has left the building.

Warriors Of The World United
http://www.manowar.com/chronicles.php?idsong=76

Here Our Soldiers Stand From All Around The World
Waiting In A Line To Hear The Battle Cry
All Are Gathered Here Victory Is Near
The Sound Will Fill The Hall Bringing Power To Us All

We Alone Are Fighting For Metal That Is True
We Own The Right To Live The Fight We’re Here For All Of You
Now Swear The Blood Upon Your Steel Will Never Dry
Stand And Fight Together Beneath The Metal Sky

Brothers Everywhere
Raise Your Hands Into The Air
We’re Warriors
Warriors Of The World
Like Thunder From The Sky
Sworn To Fight And Die
We’re Warriors
Warriors Of The World

Many Stand Against Us But They Will Never Win
We Said We Would Return And Here We Are Again
To Bring Them All Destruction Suffering And Pain
We Are The Hammer Of The Gods We Are Thunder Wind And Rain

There They Wait In Fear With Swords In Feeble Hands
With Dreams To Be A King First One Should Be A Man
I Call Them Out And Charge Them All With A Life That Is A Lie
And In Their Final Hour They Shall Confess Before They Die

Brothers Everywhere
We’re Warriors
Warriors Of The World
Sworn To Fight And Die
We’re Warriors
Warriors Of The World

If I Should Fall In Battle My Brothers Who Fight By My Side
Gather My Horse And Weapons Tell My Family How I Died
Until Then I Will Be Strong I Will Fight For All That Is Real
All Who Stand In My Way Will Die By Steel

Brothers Everywhere
We’re Warriors
Warriors Of The World
Sworn To Fight And Die
We’re Warriors
Warriors Of The World

Good song, inspired me more than a number of times *wisenod*

Jirash, really leaving the building.
23535, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Rogardian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Well man, very good job. I'll echo Valg's comments, nice job with the 100% evil kills. You had a really bloody pkratio... lots of fighting, lots of dying... just the kind of ratio that can make for a fun character. You were always invaluable to have around when we were fighting imperials, between being able to see hidden and use that nasty little cheap shot, especially combined with light of heaven. You'll be missed in the Fort, it's a shame you didn't get more time to spend as Elder Maran, but I'm sure you're working on your next already!

Look forward to seeing you around.

Rog
23536, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Yeah, there was a lot of fighting through the years, most of it enjoyable. There's nothing like the rush of adrenalin when you realize you've escaped a fight on 14 hp and have a teleportation potion left.
Good luck with the Imm-stuff, I'll be back somehow, in some form, you can bet your wine-soaked beard on it. Toots.

Jirash
23537, Well done
Posted by Vorondel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the character. Jirash was a great maran and great captain. You'll be missed, my friend.

Well done, and good luck with your nexts

Vor
23541, RE: Well done
Get more felar into the fort! The place is bogged down by all the dwarves :P

Or perhaps not bogged anymore, I noted a trend of birds towards the end. Yum, roast!

Jirash
23538, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Kackrik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And boy, did you kick my ass. I remember being in Barovia and waking up thinking "####". I actually said that, didn't I? :)

Your character was one I stayed away from whilst under your ranks, but once I gained my legacies and axe spec, it was easy sailing to fighting you. You were a smart and crafty one, not staying around so I could drive my axes in to your body, but always attempting to blackjack me when I was trying to own the damned Eastern road!@#

Your character helped me pick out my current set of legacies, and we'll just keep it at that. Thanks for the shouts, interesting to see people on the "other" side respecting my character/me. Take it easy and make a rager! :D

23540, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
I don't know about the rager, but just to refresh your memory, here it is:

<869/869hp 553/570m 613/848mv 6 PM civilized> l kackrik
A small stout being stands defiantly here. His crossed
arms are bulky, almost being able to touch his shoulders. He
stands about 4'5, but his big boots make him a clean
4'7. His beard, the pride of the dwarven race, has
been cut on one side and braided on the other. His eyes
are a darkened grey. He snorts in your direction and plants
his feet firm in the ground. Random braids and beads
adorn his torso and arms. He is covered in dirt, with spots
of dark brown where is skin has been 'licked' clean.
Kackrik, a male duergar, is in perfect health.

Kackrik is using:
<worn on finger> an amethyst ring
<worn on finger> a pitch-black ring
<worn around neck> (Red Aura) a silver necklace with a blue dragon pendant
<worn on body> an iron breastplate bearing the mark of Udgaard
<worn on head> (Glowing) a black mitre
<worn on face> a primitive fertility mask
<worn on legs> plate leggings decorated with red enamel
<worn on feet> (Red Aura) red-trimmed black adamantite plate boots
<worn on hands> some studded leather work gloves
<worn on arms> a pair of armguards from the snow worm
<worn about body> (Red Aura) a cloak of wyvern leather
<worn about waist> a polished mithril girth
<worn around wrist> a spiked iron bracer
<worn around wrist> a spiked iron bracer
<wielded> a bloody pitch-black warhammer
<dual wield> a crude hammer crafted of stone

You peek at the inventory:
a black skeleton key
a wide mithril battle axe
a piece of drift wood
(Glowing) a gleaming steel khopesh
(Red Aura) (Glowing) a flaming axe
a notched axe with a wicked blade
a cowhide knapsack

<869/869hp 553/570m 613/848mv 6 PM civilized> trip Kackrik
Kackrik is already down.

<869/869hp 553/570m 613/848mv 7 PM civilized> wie blade
You step out of the shadows.
You stop using a short runed spear with a long, wide blade named 'Redemption'.
You wield the wasp-blade.
The wasp-blade feels like a part of you!

<869/869hp 553/570m 613/848mv 7 PM civilized> Kackrik wakes and stands up.

<869/869hp 553/570m 613/848mv 7 PM civilized>
Kackrik says gruffly '####e.'

<869/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> knife Kackrik
wie spear
trip Kackrik
You drive your dagger into Kackrik's side!
You trample around loudly again.
Your knifing MANGLES Kackrik!
Kackrik yells 'Help! Jirash knifed me!'
Kackrik has a few scratches.

<869/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized>
You dodge Kackrik's crush.
You dodge Kackrik's divine power.
Kackrik's divine power EVISCERATES you!
Kackrik dodges your flaming bite.

<818/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized>
Kackrik's kicked dirt misses you.

<818/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> You stop using the wasp-blade.
You wield a short runed spear with a long, wide blade named 'Redemption'.
A short runed spear with a long, wide blade named 'Redemption' feels like a part of you!

<818/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> You trip Kackrik and he goes down!
Your trip scratches Kackrik.
Seizing upon a moment of weakness, you kick Kackrik while he's down!
Your vicious attack EVISCERATES Kackrik!
Kackrik has some small but disgusting cuts.

You parry Kackrik's crush.
Kackrik parries your searing light.
Your searing light *** DEMOLISHES *** Kackrik!
Kackrik parries your claw.
Kackrik is covered with bleeding wounds.

<818/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> tri

You parry Kackrik's divine power.
Kackrik dodges your searing light.

<818/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> You trip Kackrik and he goes down!
Your trip grazes Kackrik.

Your claw MANGLES Kackrik!

Your searing light *** DEVASTATES *** Kackrik!
Kackrik is gushing blood.

Kackrik's divine power EVISCERATES you!
Your searing light MANGLES Kackrik!
Kackrik is writhing in agony.

<775/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> You trip Kackrik and he goes down!
You can't find the opening you need to kick Kackrik while he's down.

<775/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> tri

Kackrik's crush devastates you!

<745/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized>
Kackrik's crush MUTILATES you!

<704/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized>
Kackrik brings a bloody pitch-black warhammer around with bone-shattering force!
Kackrik's bone-shattering blow EVISCERATES you!
You trip Kackrik and he goes down!

<661/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized>
Your claw *** DEMOLISHES *** Kackrik!

<661/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> tri

The central stone in your helm flashes brilliantly!
Kackrik appears to be blinded.

<661/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 7 PM civilized> You trip Kackrik and he goes down!
Your vicious attack DISMEMBERS Kackrik!
Kackrik is convulsing on the ground.

<661/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 8 PM civilized>

<661/869hp 564/570m 664/848mv 8 PM civilized> tri

You feel your holy zeal fade.

<671/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized>

<671/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized> You trip Kackrik and he goes down!

<671/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized>

<671/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized> tri

Kackrik's crush maims you!
Kackrik dodges your claw.

<637/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized> You trip Kackrik and he goes down!

<599/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized> tri

Kackrik's crush EVISCERATES you!

<554/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 8 PM civilized>

<515/869hp 570/570m 715/848mv 9 PM civilized>
You block off Kackrik's route of escape!
You trip Kackrik and he goes down!
Kackrik is DEAD!!
You hear Kackrik's death cry.

Had you gotten the axes to bear I'm not sure the outcome would've been the same.

Rock on
23542, Unbelievable. Should have been (CON)
Posted by Sevarecan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>IMMORTALS
>Sevarecan – Watcher: Sevarecan is raiding. *Run to fort* *gut
>shot falcon* *falcon flies off*
>Rinse and repeat until you Immed. Immensely frustrating, yet
>the only option for you many times so kudos for that. Though
>it happened so often that some times people didn’t even bother
>running back to the fort as they knew you wouldn’t finish it.

Before Sevarecan I fought at your side in the Fortress and had
a great fondness for Jirash though I thought he would con die.

It was horrible as Sev with you around once you got your act
together. Sevarecan didn't have a lot to work with and
desensitizing people to his attacks was the hammer in his
very small toobox.

The reason he always fled from gutshot is that, at the time,
it cut through any and all damage protection he had and would
kill him if he didn't flee immediately. Impale was a tickle
compared to that gutshot.

Congratulations on a great character.
23544, RE: Unbelievable. Should have been (CON)
Well, you got one big golden plated hammer there then :P

Didn't know that about the gut shot, I just enjoyed poking shifters and others as well for that matter with it.

Oh well, I got you a time or two in the palace at times I was certain you'd word. Instead you stayed... ran around.. and fell.

Take care

Jirash
23543, God, I hate thieves.
Posted by Aiekooso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A halfway decent thief is a real pain in the ass. I knew if you were around that you'd at least make an attempt to regain the orb. You understood your role as a thief and played it to the hilt. There was a couple of time I thought you'd end up getting me, but your groupmates usually saved me. Good luck with future characters.
23545, RE: God, I hate thieves.
I never saw Jirash as a "thief" thief. 83% steal at time of death confirms that :D
And yes, you escaped some narrow pinches... somehow. Nothing beats knocking a mage out and plundering wands though, don't need a perfected steal-skill for that ;)

Toots

Jirash
23546, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Sgralnaoc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for inducting me... you were a great Captain and a great person... and it was fun to have you around. I hope to be somewhere around your next because you seem to be a good player all in general. Luck and all that rot.
23558, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
I think I'll be back in some way or another, we'll see. Only thing I'd wish was that I'd be able to run around some more with you towards the end, but guess our times didn't clash that well.

Keep the baddies in check for me.

Jirash
23548, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Mekantos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job sticking it out through some rough times.

I was pretty nervous about going up against you once I got into the hero
range, purely for the fact that being knocked out by you would almost
certainly mean that one of those pesky transmuters would soon be casting
all sorts of nasty spells on me. Fortunately that never happened, and I
actually got you a number of times. On that note: That certain Maran power *wink*
can be a real pain in the ass for both the Maran and the type of character that
they work on, which is ultimately what enabled me to beat you in our
fights. Kinda strange, huh?

Anyway, I thought you did good, and rest assured that plenty of people
were looking over their shoulders while you were around.

-Mek
23559, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Trust me, an arial a-p wasn't my ideal set up either as the birds have a nasty habit of flying. That opened up a whole new avenue of bad things you'd be able to do to me while fighting, most of them bad or worse for me :P

As for that power, yeah, I soon learned when I should just not use it. A lesson learned the hard way.

Jirash
23549, Superb!
Posted by Dugruain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having seen you through a few sets of eyes now,
I can say I have been nothing but impressed.

Well played!

Dugruain/
Anadriewien
Amiwiel
23560, RE: Superb!
Thanky!

Was nice having those characters of yours around the fort, always a great aid. Take care.

Jirash
23551, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Illademn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say? You were one of the oldest friends Illademn had, as well as one of my favorite to be around. You also made one of the biggest impacts on my life: convincing me to choose my minor so I could scout for you. :) It's a choice I've not grown to regret.

You were the consummate hunter, from what I saw. Not always in a foolish way, but definitely more brave than I ever was. I hope to see you again in another form, whether as an enemy or ally. Maybe by then, I'll have resolved my long-standing problem with cowardice.

Illademn

Jirash tells you 'Farewell my friend... I leave this plane for the Azure Fields. Stand strong'

reply My friend, I know not to where my soul is destined... but I will see you again.
<591hp 540m 176mv> They aren't here.

A second streak of silver rises from the Fortress to the heavens, as the soul of Jirash enters the Azure Fields.
23561, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Nasty ferret. Yet so harmless :D

You did make my heart skip a beat a few times when you'd fly up on me when I was resting hidden somewhere, but I've had the owl on a past character myself so I know it's a nasty surprise for sneaky people.
As for hunting.. well. Being able to hide makes you take a lot more risks. My favorite times were when I could just waltz up to the Palace hidden and only the lowbie duergars would be able to see me.

Go hunt, it's fun!

Jirash
23552, Wow
Posted by Lariya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a staple in the Fortress, you aren't supposed to die off or anything. So, uh, get back out there and unage die. We had some pretty fun fights, and then a few bonehead moments. That time I walked us into death at the Palace to Atrieu and Bardok was not a shining moment. I felt pretty bad about that one.

Your point about looting made me laugh though. I get that a lot too. I have that wonderful elven strength, and the iron vuln. I find it pretty funny when people accuse me of taking their iron things. Helloooooo? I can't even sac iron stuff.

You played on solid Maran, and it was nice seeing a Maran leader who wasn't a paladin or warrior for a change. I was hoping Floriyase would continue that trend, but I guess not now. *mutter* Have fun with the next one.
23563, RE: Wow
Yeah, that time at the palace was just... to quote the almighty Homer Simpson: "DOH".

Wish I could've seen you more towards the end, but the times didn't match up I guess. I know I put a heavy load on you by stepping down from Captain, but I more or less had to as my playing times more or less got cleaved and left to rot there for a while.

Keep the Orb in the Fort and good luck.

Jirash
23639, RE: Wow
Posted by Atreieu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, don't feel too bad about that. The odds that my jack was going to actually work on you were really heavily against me. I think i'd also just shown up on the scene and you didn't know how stacked my damroll was for those circles. I think in my brief hero range run of things that was the only time a blackjack ever worked on you.
23556, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Etarekoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Etarekoth – Wanted to fight you on a few times, but every time I’d spot you in a place other than the chasm you’d be gone before I could get a second “where” through.

This is because I generally avoid all thieves simply because of how the thief v assassin matchup works out. And the fact that one jack would be all it would take for me to get ganged like there is no tomorrow by your numerical advantage. That said, when you came raiding with Alynthorin, I beat you down to writhing while you were sanc'ed before you fled. So in a way you got your fight I guess.

Etarekoth.
23562, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Having played an assassin, I would say an assassin should beat the thief at any given time. You need one prep to nullify the biggest weapon in their arsenal. On top of that, assassins have a weapon thieves don't, use it. For extra cream, maledictions.

There you have it. The times I did hunt for you though, I didn't intend to call in aid as I knew I had a decent chance of beating you on my own by doing one of the things mentioned above.

Oh well, keep on trucking, scion has it rough.

Jirash
23564, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's unfortunate. Considering the position your character had within the fortress and more importantly as a felar, I would have enjoyed the chance to interact with you a couple of times on the subjects of felar and afterlife the same as I did with Kyrissa. But, our playingtimes just never seemed to cross.

Wish I could have gotten to know this character better so I could say more, but alas, it wasn't ment to be. Good job on bringing a relatively rare felar/class combo to hero, Jirash. Kyrissa and myself will be right behind you.

23632, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Hrm... can't say I'd know your name, but thanks anyway I guess :P

And you and Kelrizza stay just where you are. The Fort needs it's dose of fuzz or else the dwarves will just take over! ;)

Toots

Jirash
23566, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, not even a mention to me? ;)

Well done, even you didnt came to dance with me if you was alone... ;)

Zhenzar
23631, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Duergars in general I had a pretty strong dislike for, because of obvious reasons. Throw in summon in it all and it just turned nastier :P

Add on to -that- always carrying flight potions... and I soon became one depressed felar quaffing teleport potions.

Toots

Jirash
23568, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
Posted by Lorran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Will miss you, just like Floriyase.
Sad to see both of you leaving..
Good luck with your next one.
Lorran.
23630, RE: Well, well, so it finally ends.
The little light-gnomie!

I often wondered where'd you go, could be days between the occasions where I spotted you but then, I had a rough schedule for times as well.

Good luck and all that

Jirash
23576, It's about time!
Posted by Dryzzel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just kidding. Great job man, I had a lot of fun fighting you. I know its tough for a thief to beat entwine. You did annoy me from time to time, but it was all in good fun. Good work on Jirash, good luckw ith the next one.

Dryzzel
23629, RE: It's about time!
Annoyance was the greatest weapon I had I'm afraid. First time we met I thought I had you but Kelrizza of course had to intervene with that pesky fly wand.
After that, hit-and-runs on centurions proved to work pretty well to get the imperial gang worked up. Was kind of fun to see all five of you show inside two minutes when I was just sitting there hidden. Had it not been for Njaal, I'd stayed longer, I promise you that.

Toots.

Jirash
23592, Pffft
Posted by Gwy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We did have a good time together.. When I was hunting with you the first time, I was thinking 'Cool, blackjack'.. Hehe, weaponblackjack is not as good as I thought ;).. Anyways, we had a good time, with Gwy, and my 'present creationS'.. Indeed there are two ! I finally did something new ;)! (and it works out pretty well, too).. Anyways, it was a real cool thing of you to step down when you knew you didn't have much time left, on the other hand the opportunity has not been used, which is a sad thing for the applicant flow.. Anyways, good thing you did there, I guess I'll see you around..

Gwy
23628, RE: Pffft
Hah
Yeah, weaponbutt has some disadvantages compared to blackjack but it worked fairly often, though sometimes not when I needed it most ;)

And what is it I'm hearing? New stuff? By now I think I'd be able to smell your stink miles away, we'll see }(

Take care, we'll meet somehow I wager. Toots.

Jirash
23527, Incredible temperance and selectivity.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't follow the character all the closely, but I did notice that he killed a whole bunch of people (and died a bunch too), and every single one of them was evil. That's very impressive, and the sign of a player who really puts his cabal's ideals at the forefront. Many kudos.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
23530, RE: Incredible temperance and selectivity.
I died a lot even though I got better and better at hiding at times, that's no secret. I was suspecting that the kills were all baddies, so thanks for the confirming it.

Keep rocking. *tip*

Jirash
23525, Excuses, Excuses...
Posted by Obaznuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Age death is no excuse for leaving the Fort at a time like this, man. As an aside, Jirash was a great character. An awesome captain, and you were an ass kicker even after you stepped down from that position. Well done. You died a lot, but it was always a joy to see you take folks down in between. I think I even recall you and I hunting a bit together.
23529, RE: Excuses, Excuses...
Yep, we did do some fighting together even though you were off running around and killing evils without me more often than not :D

Time to go on that fishing trip you promised me, crazy bird!

Jirash