Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jaedren the Big Strong Avenger of the Righteous
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=21904
21904, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jaedren the Big Strong Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 26 00:58:09 2003

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Jaedren perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:462
PK Ratio:65% (closer to 100% is better)

21996, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Jaedren the Big Strong Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Erenthell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Furian didn't make much of an impression on me, save that Jhanderin seemed to like him. Jaedren did however. I've also played with numerous others of your chars throughout the years. Tongue in cheek, you were a much sweeter boy then. :)(coughEshcoughlincougha)

Luck to your next.
21906, Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Dex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So it was a pretty long run. I told myself for a long time that I'd never do an empowerment character, and I'm sitting her right now still wondering why I did one. I had a lot of fun though, and I don't regret it for a single moment(even if its not much my style). I initally rolled Jae right after the empire went in, hoping like so many others to catch the influx of new imperials and to have a hell of a good time at hero fighting some epic battles. Well, that was sorta the case, but then it was sorta not the case too. I suppose though, that for the first time in a long time, I witnessed some really really skilled folks in the Fortress, and I thought that was pretty damn fantastic being a die hard fortressite and all. I got empowered by arv at roughly level 14 and my hour count was 15. I got empowered again at level 28/29 and then I got my first virtue at level 43 or so(roughly 80ish hours) but I was only empowered up to level 33 so I couldn't use half of it. I think final empowerment came after I killed an orc near galadon, and it just sorta happened, no warning, nothing(must have been a maran thing). I think I heroed in 120 hours, and I was inducted into the fortress at maybe 50ish hours, mid to upper 30's in rank. Overall the empowerment process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but also, it wasn't something that I'd put myself through a lot of. I'm more of a roll and rank my ass off type player, and here I found I had to wait, and display patience(which is something I have very little of anyway) and I had to try and be in depth in a more strict role than I'm used to. I mean hell, I usually don't even do roles simply because I like my guys to flow with whats going on around them, and I feel restricted by roles in doing just that. But I'd like to say that I was thoroughly impressed with the class. A lot of folks tend to think that paladins are overpowered, but let me tell you, they're really not. I got called everything from a cheating bitch to a one trick pony by all kinds of people simply for using the best tools I had to do the job. Look at my offensive capabilities as a shield spec and you'll see things like Shieldbash(is this even a skill?), flamestrike, wrath, angel wing, and flank. Thats five offensive moves. So when folks come at you with that you are a one trick wrath pony ####, I challenge you to find me something else I can do in its place. Anyways, I have some goodbyes, so lets get on with those.

To the Imms -

You guys run one hell of a game, and I think you all do a fantastic job. Thanks for drawing me into this hella addictive place, so I can interact with some of the coolest folks around.

Arvam - Thanks for the empowerment. I really think the first time you came to me was a total ####up on my part. I had rehearsed in my head a hundred times what I was going to say to you, and where and what I wanted to do with this guy, then you showed up and I was like a deer caught in headlights. Total blank man, total. Thanks for being lenient, and thanks for giving me time to work the jitters out. I hope overall I did an alright job with your religion, and I hope wasn't a letdown in anything, I really enjoyed our talks, and I really enjoyed pretty much everything about the religion and all that. I do have to say that one of your tattoo powers mixed with plague is just absolutely nasty. :)

Shokai - I actually got to be there when you named Coronado captain, that was fun, I actually got to see you with the whole village/maran possible war scenario too, that was pretty cool too. I even think you backed me in a few arguments as well over CB, and that was especially cool. I do want to say though, that I was kinda disappointed with some of the choices you brought down for the Maran earlier on. There's no real need to go into them because I got over it pretty quick, but its always a pleasure to see you around the fort, and I love this cabal.

Rogardian - Thanks for the Induction, good job on immorting. One thing I don't like about Immorting though is that a character that was so much a part of everything suddenly falls off, and really stops talking, etc. I know its part of the job, but I wish we could have done more earlier on. Anyways, good job, good luck, I know you'll kick ass as an Imm.

My ladies...

Nadalia - I don't know that I can ever express to you what a fantastic character you have, and what an awesome presence you bring in the RP arena of this game. I'm fairly certain that I can say that there are few who can hold a candle to your ability to make #### flow, and your use of emote is just plain awesome. Every little move and quirk I could picture in my head with clarity, it was something to behold, thats for sure. Sorry for leaving you like this, I really wish we could have ended together, but our playing times don't mesh especially well it seems, and I only saw briefly a few times these last couple of weeks. Thanks for everything though, I'm going to try and make my next guy as in depth as yours. Doubt I'll get close to someone with your skill, but I can sure give it a shot.

Cersai - It was a blast early on. Our relationship mostly started out as a role related joke for me, but it turned out to be a lot more than I bargained for. I thought you were well played, and its a bummer you died when you did. Talk about some ####ty timing.

Lade - I really liked you when we first met, but as time went on, I saw onilyn in you A LOT. It really started getting on my nerves because I really hated ONILYN, and no matter what I did, I couldn't shake that feeling. As a character though, you were fiesty, and spirited, a real brawler, and we had some really neat interactions early on that I wouldn't have minded carrying on through the years.

Fort and goodies -

Gondorff - Haaaaayo, you old greasy bastard. I got inducted with you, and you say through a lot of my growing pains trying to learn the class an crap. Thanks for being a cool guy, and thanks for all the great laughs with that greaser ####e. I had a blast, and I hope you did too.

Rahnah - The paw! I knew you and ranked with you as Furian. I knew you even better as Jae though, and I gotta admit, I loved every interaction with you while we were in the Brigade. I kinda wished you hadn't deleted, a hero maran trapper thief is probably a pretty kick ass combo. I still wonder what it was about me that sat funny with you.

Lariya - No doubt about it, you are one tough biotch. A two handed elven paladin who can dodge like me and dish out more damage than I can shake a stick at is nasty. Not to mention you have a great head on your shoulders and a cool style of RP. Guess we'll be having some Big Strong dreams in the Azure Fields now.

Jirash - Cap'n Kitty! Dude, you rock, even though I can account some of my only hero deaths to trying to save your kamikaze ass. I had a blast, and I think you're a great captain, thanks for everything.

Calisha - Kitten!! I know you don't like to be called that, but I have to say, your RP is top notch, and you ability to kill is just phenomenal. I've never seen another assassin pull out some of the things you do, and Its sort of inspiring to see what the class is capable of time after time. I haven't seen you lately, but I know you're still out there somewhere, the fort could really use you.

Coronado - You're right man, don't raid solo so much. I learned that quick as a young aspiring paladin. I could rock some #### up with this class, but being able to sanc yourself does equal invincible. Man I was sent packing plenty of times, and some of the most unusual badguys got me in some of the lamest ways possible because I thought I was a freaking tank. Shoulda listened to you, nuff said.

Vorondel - I really really liked this character. Really. Sorry about stealing the chick and all that man. I hadn't seen you in almost a month so I figured you were on the outs and I just happened to slide right in. Then you show up and explain it all and now I'm stuck with your chick in the limelight and not knowing what to do. It kinda sucked but it also made some tense RP moments for us that I think added a lot of flavor to our relationship. I remember you asked me why I didn't like you at one point, and I can honestly say from an IC and OOC perspective, that I never once didn't hold you with the highest respect. Thanks for everything.

Guddomelig - The one man army - Hehe, you remind me a lot of myself in how you play semi-aggressive acolytes. We had some shining moments together, and we had some not so shining moments together. All in all it was a total blast, and you were one of the folks I was always hoping to see when I logged in.

Obaznuk - Man, when you and I went out together, it was nothing short of a trail of badguy corpses. We had awesome timing together, and we had some good coordination going on. You are a really skilled player, and I just hope that sometime I can learn to fight like you do. One tough bastard, but I get the feeling I've played alongside you before with some of the little quirks you throw out. What a ####ty time for me to get fired. Take care and all that, Woot!

Sheilica - Honestly I'm glad you got canned from the fortress, I think I can account more goodie deaths to your name than I can account decent actions and whatnot that you did. Enough said.

Tyohleib - You are one fierce cat, and even though we didn't see eye to eye on a couple of things(i.e. summoning into the hall of fire) I think we got along pretty well. You do run solo a lot, so it cut down on some interaction time, but hell, you get the job done, and you do it so very well. It was a pleasure.

Erenthell - Dude, you have an elf talon. I envy the living crap out of that combo, and from our fights/raids together, you had #### going on. I knew you better as furian, but I'm glad we got to run a few times with this guy too. I just wish you'd come around more often, you do indeed rock sir.

vethna - I pretty much said what I wanted to say in your farewell. Great Job, I really enjoyed the character.

Azagren - I still wonder why you deleted?

Tcatama/Malergora - I am going to lump you two in together simply because I think the same thing about you. I'm really surprised that Tcatama was made a full maran. You have the pk ability and get into some nasty #### and come out on top, but you don't think man. No offense, but that #### in galadon was just plain wrong for a maran of any kind, and Malergora, man, I am sorta speechless with your actions and words so I'll leave it at that. I know why you are still a squire, and if you keep it up, you'll be one for a very long time.

Badguys - Empire

Not much to say here, you always had the numbers, always. You guys were just not logging on. I'm not going to say much here except that its your own fault for the way the game was for a while. I remember thinking out loud and writing down the number of heroes/near heroes you had at one point early on, and I think I could name 12 in my playing time. Thats enough imperial heroes to #### with anybody. I do want to say something about a few that I thought stood out pretty well among the crap, so this is to them....

Khalizad - You were a freaking mack truck. That night you came to the maran, I wasted fifty gold trying to fend you off, and I still couldn't do a very effective job of it. Even though I know you had a crappy time of it, I want you to know truly that I was never part of any log in scheme among other players, and I never coordinated #### with anybody. I respected you as an enemy, and I really wish you hadn't deleted.

Menzaen - Our fights were kind of one sided, but it didn't matter if we had 50 guys, or 5 guys, you were there taking down goodies like no other, and I respected that. You were a good enemy, and it was a shame you deleted too.

Astilamos - You spanked me. A duergar ap spanked me. a/b/s + a resist wrath shield will do that to a guy. Good job, I was humbled in your presence on two occasions.

Yanacek - I really don't think our playing times match at all. I work from 6am to 6pm monday through friday, and I think your more of a morning player my time. I chewed off three nasty pwk flasks from you, and I gotta say poisoners are some nasty mofugga's. Thank god I saved on all three of those things. You do well, and it shows.

Zhenzar - I'll put you with yanacek, we just don't play in the same times that often, but the one day I get a day off, I log in, and you wither me for a loss of years, and here I am at 85 years old with an age death now, ####er!!! Good job, and thanks for the few fights.

Barduk - You took beatings like a champ, and still showed up. Good fights even if they were a little one sided.

Avaldi - You are a chump for changing your playing times to suit your needs. You used to always play when I did, then suddenly you stopped and now you run in the middle of the night and crap, thats pretty lame. Hope the armor and stuff is worth it.

Tibzapt - Quickest log in/drop link time in all of thera.

Badguys - Scion

I want to thank each and every one of you. Adidh, Foslin, zaknafir, mekantos, vanar, and zashiere. Thanks for having the balls to wade waist deep into a goodie hero range and start some ####. I liked each and every one of your characters, we fought with odds, we fought without odds, we fought alone. It was all good, and I'm glad there are a few core evil players left with some balls. Thanks.

Villagers -
Urgrug - Never got you, never got close, not much else to say. It always seemed like when I wanted to give chase, a lowbie maran/acolyte would get slept somewhere, and I'd choose to go and help them instead.

Zhabrinyhai - a felar dagger/hand spec put my paladin to shame. Damnit! Put me down like a biotch, but I did tell you I wouldn't go into a stand, and I stood by my word. The few times I had you on the ropes I was literally screaming in my chair because I could taste that elusive victory, but you always seemed to get away from me. Good fights, good times.

Dhacknath - You were pretty much the maran wrath bitch. Thats nothing against your character, it just seemed like the maran communers gave you a real problem. Way to stick it out.

Various fire giant berserkers - You are all tough as hell, one guy flurried me like no other through sanc/protection and I was forced to run my ass off in an attempt to not die like a bitch. Good stuff.

Sylvan -

Choranek - Watchyourfeets!! It was always a pleasure, good luck on being an Imm, its a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll do great.

No other sylvans really, didn't hang with many.

Tribunal -

Oblain - I didn't like you much IC, but you are pretty tough. We never had much to say because I think deep down we were both pretty proud characters/players. I did think that crap in galadon with the maran the other day was BS and I called them on it, just so you know. You do a good job from my vantage point, keep it up.

Its pretty late here, I'm going to wrap this up. I knew a lot of people over 460 hours. It was pretty tough playing a fortress paladin because its constant motion. If not the raiding, its the defending, or saving people, or people asking you for gear/money/and other crap. If I ever do this again, I'm going to go the lariya route. Elf two hander. I can't express how ####ty mana regen on a pally was, and the supplication costs are pretty expensive. For those interested, my virtues were fortitude and temperence. I know I've forgotten a ####load of people, so just give the word, and I'll speak out about you.

My ending score

Jaedren the Big Strong Avenger of the Righteous
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : human
Ethos : Neutral Align : Good Class : paladin
Practices: 5 Trains : 0 Hometown : Ruined City
Exp : 557300 To Level : 26000 Sphere : Passion
Hit Point: 666 /666 Mana : 639 /639 Move : 760 /760
Str : 20(20) Int : 20(20) Wis : 20(20)
Dex : 18(18) Con : 15(15) Chr : 19(19)
Carry # : 1/30 Weight : 29 lb 15 oz (Max 377 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 0
Wimpy : 0 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 3 Damroll : 5
AC pierce: 70 Barely protected AC bash : 70 Barely protected
AC slash : 70 Barely protected AC magic : 70 Barely protected
vs Spell : Not protected vs Paralysis : Not protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You are dedicated to fighting with shields.
You are affected by:

It was fun, thanks to everyone who made it that way.

Dex
21909, Liked your devotion to RP.
Posted by Dralith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you came back to save Jirash even though you died yourself, I thought to myself "That's how a paladin should act". Good work, best luck with the next.
21952, RE: Liked your devotion to RP.
I kind of wish we had gotten to tangle more. You and I. That death was one of the worst ones to take. I know there's a code, and I was thinking about it the whole time, and it was hard. As a player I sat there and tried to reason my way out of going back, but I couldn't. Jirash was calling off the spells landed on him over CB and I tried to make it back to word him before the curse landed, but I was too late, and I had absolutely no mana left. #### timing on my part, hindsight being now that I should have just woke him up and let him deal with getting away, he probably would have had a better chance doing just that.

Dex
21910, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Nadalia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't around more during your playing times, but hey! At least we had the last few weeks and up til the bitter end. I really had a blast with Jaedren from the day we met, though I didn't predict their story evolving the way it did. I always thought he was very well played and had a ton of fun giving him #### about his goatface and silly "It's that way!" games. Also, I think I can echo the nice (slightly offbase) things you said about me above. I appreciate a character that I can visualize and think you did a stellar job with your use of emotes, rather than socials. I could always picture Jaedren's intensity and it really kept things fun.

I'm gonna miss you, big strong. Couldn't see the screen through the tears at the end and I'm not usually moved to such a state.

Nads
21911, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in every aspect of being a paladin every moment i saw you
you just rocked. hands down.
behavior, code, fighting, rp.

nuf said.
21913, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Zhenzar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmmm, seems like alot of my enemies grows old these days?!

Thats said, we did fight a few times, even our times didnt match that well... You was a big strong defender, even we laughed a bit Yanacek and i last we was around trying to spot you, as you was gone... ;)

Take care, see you in the fields.

Zhenzar
21917, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Jirash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Jirash - Cap'n Kitty! Dude, you rock, even though I can
>account some of my only hero deaths to trying to save your
>kamikaze ass. I had a blast, and I think you're a great
>captain, thanks for everything.

Well, what can I say. Having a paladin around tends to ease things up, at least on a moral level for me. I like to have a big chunk of meat in front of me when fighting and you did a top notch job as that :D
As for the deaths... well, I'm reckless, no doubt about it and I never expected anyone to hang around to try and get me out, nor would I want to considering what I rush into at times. But well, you do what you have to do I guess.
Well played and I hope you'll be back soon. See you in the fields

Jirash
21918, Damn!
Posted by Obaznuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are clearly one of my all time favorite players because you've been behind a handful of my all-time favorite chars. You kicked a lot of big strong ass and like you said, it was a blast when we'd saddle up and ride the eastern road together. Something you will probably laugh at... Obaznuk was jealous of Jaedren because of his way with the ladies. It was a friendly envy though, you can be sure. Well, to say the least, it was fun. To say the most, I hope you come back to Fortress cause I'm sure any reincarnation of yours will be too scary a foe to have. Good job, and good luck on the next.
21954, RE: Damn!
This reply got me thinking and I'm pretty sure I know who you are now. We've managed to team up a few cool combo's over the last year or so, huh? And you had to go and immort now too, eh? Well, good luck on that, I tried my hand at it and utterly sucked bigtime. I know you'll do alright, you just have that air about you. Thanks for everything.

Dex
21919, Excellent Character...
Posted by Adidh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hated you, but I loved you for it. You were the only maran I feared. you were the only maran that would solo fight me, and win just about everytime. My only chance was to get away alove, considering I think we both know, What someone need to kill a paladin, shifters just don't have in there spells. When you were on, I normally would second guess attacking other marans, cause I knew they would right away cry on the "cb" for help, and you would come kick my ass. But well life is boring being on the wining side and never having a challenge. Well either way, you made the game for fun during your playing hours. Best of luck on the next. And make it evil!!!

- Adidh
21957, RE: Excellent Character...
I dug the fact that you showed even when you were the only evil online. It was bad luck that one time you lost pass door in that locked room, I sorta felt bad but then again, I was sorta happy too. You had balls, and you had backbone, and that to me says a lot for the player. Well done, and it was fun.

Dex
21920, Crappy!
Posted by Tyohleib on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I do regret that the character is so much of a "solo act". I miss out on interacting with as many of my fortress-mates as I would like (as a player), but it really is all role. I liked it when you'd come around. It seemed like so few of the fortress share my playing times that it was nice to have a few friends around, like you. I also enjoyed the difference in roles between our two characters, it added something...well I'm not quite sure what, but I liked it. I really don't know what else to say, but you'll definately be missed. Best of luck on whatever is next for you.

Tyohleib.
21921, Hmm..seeing you go makes me feel a little empty..
Posted by Barduk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always, when I saw you on, I thought to my self...This time, I will kill him, I have all the preps I can gather(but not the anti-wrath one)so lets give it a shot. But it always ended in me...running.
But what I really dont understand is, why paladins always chose wrath over all the wonderful skills they have? I enjoyed the fight we had when you didnt use wrath at all and used your skills, (not sure what path you followed but then again I am not very familiar with them) and you still made me run my ass off. And yes..I learned that when a paladin stands next to you and doesnt engage..there must be something wrong :o ... ;)

It was fun..see you on the fields.
21955, RE: Hmm..seeing you go makes me feel a little empty..
We did have some decent fights, and you showed a lot of heart. I dig that. I think the main reason I never used any other skills against you was simply the mechanics of it all. I was hesitant to use angelwing against massive damage dealers. I did, but the lag on it was sorta not worth it at times. If I wasn't using wrath, I was using angelwing, which is the skill I used against you in that non wrathing duel we had. Flank just wasn't worth it in a pk situation IMHO, the lag and time it took to pull one off let an enemy beat me senseless. Shieldbash is a skill I wish I could have my two practices back on, and flamestrike is a watered down version of wrath. Nowhere near the damage potential of wrath, and something I mainly used for fighting the odd neutrals that I occasionally had to tangle with. The only other offensive power I really had was a maran power, and it didn't work on you because you are already what the power does to people. It was fun, and thanks again.

Dex
22044, Ahh..so it was a Maran powers..
Posted by Barduk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didnt knew it was a maran power..was thinking more of a paladin power..but then again..I know very little about them. And yes..after you used it once on me...you never did it again..heh..The one time you did it, I was thinking you were lagged or somthing, I waited till the shadow came in and attacked you..and then..the fight.

Much fun.
21922, Have Big Strong dreams
Posted by Lariya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character, the big strong jokes were what was the best really. It fit so well when you were with Lade. You tried to come off like such a ladies man and when she was falling all over you it was hilarious, and the Big Strong thing just sort of caught on. We didn't fight too much together, but when we were around together you knew what you were doing it seemed like.
21923, Well, sorry I didn't make a better impression
Posted by Tcatama on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say? I'm still learning the ropes. You were right about what happened in Galadon, and I got a talking to about it. I don't think it was as big a screw up as you think, only because you don't aren't around when certain tribunals are constantly running after me in a big gang, flag or no flag. Sorry I didn't make a better impression.
21925, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Zhabrinyhai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a stand up guy. Those fights with you an Zhab were always a blast to be apart of. You made me want to try out a Maran/paladin. I hope the next will be as enjoyful as Jaedren was to you.

p.s. At least when we fought we always knew a full set would be in a corpse. Magic or not.

Thanks.

Thralkoz/Zhabrinyhai.
21929, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Oblain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There isn't much I could do fighting off marans.
But that day grouping with sylvans to make ends meet was really a sad show by Tcatama and Maelgora, but whatever, thank goodness you never were a part of 'lets gang whoever' that i've seen so many indulge in.
Well played, good luck, try a tribunal perhaps
21932, Uhhh
Posted by somegripes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok man no offense you did play well this is more of a paldin gripe of mine.(you did play well again) but why is it that most paladins now kick the paladin code to the curb? Fighting against you I noticed you'd do some very un-paladin like things, you still where very deadly and well played but I just don't agree with how most paladins it seems 'forget' they have a code. If you'd have been a shaman I'd have no gripes at all against you, but I did have some fun interacting with you don't think this is me just trying to take you down. good luck with you next too (with you next too please dont' be afraid to fight alone)
21951, RE: Uhhh
You're going to have to name some specifics here. If this is a total gripe about not fighting alone, then sorry, I can't help you. I fought alone, I didn't fight alone, I fought outnumbered, I fought outnumbering. I posted a plethora of logs on dio's that can prove that point alone, and I can name a bunch of people offhand that I did fight alone on plenty of occasions. If you weren't one then I'm sorry, but I took deaths for the code, I never had too much gold, I always gave away my spares, I pretty much tried to incorporate the code into every aspect of my character, but if you read over it, nowhere does it say that paladins are forced to fight only one on one. Maybe thats your definition of honor or something, I don't know, but its not mine. Aside from that, I wasn't ehren, I wasn't honor. I was passion, and I'm not ashamed to say that I called on people for help even being the tank that this character was. If you have a specific gripe or can name a time when you thought I was out of line, maybe I can explain my line of reasoning to you or something, if not, sorry.

Dex
21961, RE: Uhhh
Posted by somegripes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you took this a little to personal, it's meant more for the entire paladin playerbase at times. I am well aware of the fact that there isn't a rule in the paladin code saying DON'T GANG. For those instances well, you'd call in battleragers to help you defend the fortress, you never fought certain people one on one (hey shamans are not fun to fight no matter what dude), and you did limit your belongings I am aware of that (thieves get peek remember). But man I didn't just fight against you too I fought with you. You didn't play a ####ty paladin, I enjoyed interacting with you, but the calling in ragers to help you and stuff like that is what peeved me.
21962, Hmmm...
The only time I remember a rager coming to help at the fortress was that minotaur who laid waste to everyone and then died on east daerien. I don't remember his name, but I'm fairly certain you are mistaken about me calling him in. I think it was a fortress lowbie at the time, but that was like a month and a half ago, so honestly I don't remember, and yeah, shamans were the bane of my existence.

Dex
21949, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Vorondel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Vorondel - I really really liked this character. Really. Sorry about stealing the chick and all that man. I hadn't seen you in almost a month so I figured you were on the outs and I just happened to slide right in. Then you show up and explain it all and now I'm stuck with your chick in the limelight and not knowing what to do. It kinda sucked but it also made some tense RP moments for us that I think added a lot of flavor to our relationship. I remember you asked me why I didn't like you at one point, and I can honestly say from an IC and OOC perspective, that I never once didn't hold you with the highest respect. Thanks for everything.

Hey man, no need to be sorry :) In fact for the newbie RP'er in me, this event added a nice twist and I'd rather thank you for it.

I thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment I spent with you. Your char, like other impulsive, strong-headed chars was a mystery to me, and for that I both admired you and feared you (in some way). Oh and I never doubted I had lost your respect. That question had another purpose... which perhaps I will tell you when I die :)

As a Maran you were one strong badass (well, for my standards anyway). I always felt safe at your side, no doubt about it. And thanks for all the help, too.

All in all an invaluable asset to the Fortress, and a true friend.

See you in the fields,

Vor
21953, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Man, you have me wondering now about that question. What was up with that big absence, you have school or something? Either way, I'm glad to have interacted with you, you have a pretty decent style that I'm better for now having experienced it.

Dex
21950, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Choranek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I'll echo what others are saying, job well done.
I know exactly where you are coming from with the shield spec pally, although I found some pretty innovative ways to take people on with Lruthlor. Wrath was never my first impulse for the single reason I hated the wrathSpammer label and it actually paid off tactic wise. Although like most Shieldies I had a problem sealing the kills at times.
Didn't get to interact with you too often as Choranek beside the "MindYourFeets!" warnings when I had briars set, or the occassional running into each other at the Palace whether retrieving or attacking. You were respected by people Chor respected, that was fine by him and enough to earn his respect (that and not attack his friends and being considerate around his forests).

Anyhoo good luck with your next Fortie, I'm sure Shok will be happy to have you back ;-)
21956, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Being labled a wrath spammer doesn't bother me much. I used every tool in my arsenal with the exception of flank, and shieldbash in PK situations. I wouldn't mind talking to you sometime about those innovative ways, just to see if I used them too. I know one of my main weapons was using heal in a lot of fights set up in a stand. Let them think they are winning, etc. But it always turned into a wrath session. Sealing the kill was definitly a problem.

Dex
21958, Forgot a few folks....
Rhual - I can't believe I forgot you man, you were indeed the pinnacle of what I thought a maran should be. Smart, fierce, and good. Man you could drop some evil ass, and you did it too. Some of the crap you did was simply amazing, and its something I'm striving for in my play too. Maybe someday I can be a mini rhual or something :P. For real though, I enjoyed the felar/human RP too, it was a nice take on things, and a change from the typical roles you see out there all the time. Its a shame you deleted.

Halaquith - Thanks for getting me back into the Inn. I probably would have ended this guy without your help. You seem to have a cool head on your shoulders, but you need to start wrathing darkhearts that come to the Inn, dude!! Come on, make big strong proud!!

Mossi - I never did have to wiggle :P. I liked you too from our assorted little interactions in Arv's Shrine and in the Inn. You really need to have changed the rule stating that ruffians were not allowed within them walls. Come on, hook a brother up!

Varinea - I never did quite understand your motives or our brief interactions. Did you hate me? Were you trying to stalk me? Did you like me? All in all, a pretty stealthy assassin that seemed to show up in the strangest places undetected. Would have liked to see where our little relationship was going, for the good of it, or for the bad of it.

Yoshifesd and Dryzzel - I have to admit, I didn't like many imperials because I felt they were fairweather at best. But you two stick out in my mind as top notch badguys. I know our interactions were brief and usually held to fighting, but I liked how you both showed up and stayed. Sorry for the summon/ganks at the Palace. I figured you guys would word, but I give you props for sticking #### out in Defense. I would have enjoyed our future interactions I'm sure. Yoshifesd and I already had a slight dialogue going that probably would have ended somewhere fun. Good Job.

Thats it for now, more if I can think of them.
Dex

21965, RE: Jaedren the Mad
Posted by Sevarecan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Disclaimer: I offer the standard apology I offer all Maran who had to deal with the noise of my attacks on the Maran outer when I was mortal. Sorry! :D

You may have only had a few moves in combat but they were more than enough to send me packing every time.

Come to the dark side and show us how it's done. }(

Sevarecan
22045, I agree, come to the dark side! nt
Posted by BArduk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
21983, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Golgic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What about me? We were pretty good buds ranking up with Lade and what not, and then we both grew into our own Cabals and grew distant towards the end. But being a goodie in Trib, I was always watching out for you Fortress people and especially you. It was hard trying to bring justice on people who just wanted to promote the light. Oh well just wanted to speak up, since I did rank from 20 to about 40 or so with you.
22001, Well..
Posted by Gwy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kinda knew that I would not show up on the 'goodbye' list .. You have always been very 'cool' to me, you didn't even take the time to talk with me properly, even avoiding me .. You always seemed cheerful with others, but never with me .. Now that I see who you are, I think you mixed ooc-feelings about me/past characters with ic, I think .. correct me if I'm wrong .. Still, you were quite a force in the Fortress, and things always seemed to calm down when you were around .. a pity I didn't know you better .. Good luck with your next one.

Gwy
22005, Actually, you are pretty much right on..
Posted by Jae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As bad as it sounds, I've known gorach, luriel, and a slew of your elven bards, and I even knew gwy from my past fortress hero. To be honest, its probably not a good thing that I did, but I just didn't want to interact. It felt like the same exact thing over and over, and as time went on it just left a sour taste and it was something I didn't want to be a part of. No offense to you, but variety is the spice of life. If I hadn't felt like I was interacting with gorach again(i.e. All the Lame fat ass references) I probably would have incorporated you into gameplay and role and whatnot, but I just couldn't ditch that feeling so I just stayed away and found an IC reason to do it.

Dex
22009, RE: The Big Strong/One Man Army will be missed
Posted by Guddomelig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At one point, I loved playing with every single Maran/Acolyte in the Fortress. You were probably my favorite, though, because you kept things interesting with your speech-patterns and behavior. You were always ready to raid and kick some arse. Whenever you logged on, I knew we were in for some fun. Or, at least some decent conversation. Things are going to get very boring now, though they already have been for awhile. *sigh* Anyway, I hope you come back with another entertaining reincarnation.

One Man
22010, RE: Big Strong has left the building...
Posted by Avaldi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can think what you'd like but aside from work/school I rarely find time to log on at all. That on top of a lot of mob deaths in the past hasn't given me much motivation to play but I'll be back with a real beast soon enough.