Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectOh well
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=21127&mesg_id=21128
21128, Oh well
Posted by Blobqirti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This ranger was made because I had never ranked a ranger over 18 and wanted to have a go at one. A throw away char for my spare time and a diversion from some other things.

I had heaps of fun with him for along time, built myself a really nice lowbie set that took me up alot of ranks, lost that and started building an even better set that kept me going a very long time (Thanks Yanacek for starting it off with the axe :P )

Drialger was sphere greed, and when I was a lowbie I would try anything to get the things I wanted, I would suck up to hero goodies and change my voice so I sounded all proper to see if they would help me, or I would trade people information for clothes and gear. As I started ranking more I started cutting deals with people. Shezaral made a deal with me that I would be the thieves guilds eyes and stuff and she would pay me with some very nice things. Then when that kind of wavered I set my sights on the Empire, trying to cut deals with as many sect leaders as I could for covert work, for or against the other sects I didn't care. I saw the wilds as a resource that was there to be abused, and wanted to become a bandit of the roads for hire.

I would kill people I didn't know, attack people who thought I was their friends or basically attack anyone that came past while I was camo. In this I made alot of enemies and not many friends.

I have played a pretty long line of goodies or nice neutrals and never really got into an evil character. But I tried my damndest with Drialger and I like to think I was pretty down right evil in my time.

One of the things that made me laugh the most was when goodies and people I killed would go at me saying things like "But your a ranger, why attack me? I love the wilds too"

Only real people that stood out in Drialger's life are as follows:

Yanacek: Now your emporer your on a lot more. This is good, and it was good with the deal and such and later when I ranked up the pking was fun.

Nathleniss: You go girl! Heh, you were really good to have around, I felt invincible. And as if we went and killed the watcher and such while you were still rank 39. I find that funny. Don't lose what we got you and you lost the first time or I won't be happy :P

Choranek: Shut it, midge. I have played sylvans in the past and was sick of it, so I tried to do as much as I could that you would all find vile and disgusting. I would bait younger sylvans by killing all the forest guardians and animals in the ashes while yelling it was in their name and so on. I really enjoyed it and I tried to live up to the promise of being the thorn in sylvans side.

Oh one last thing, I really love rangers and all now, especially once you get wilderness fam. But I find them really lacking in hero range. You cant do insane ambushes unless you have nice weapons and a nice dam roll, and even then most, if not all, heros have lots of hp, you cant lag reliably, the bleeding hardly ever goes off when you pk. I mean sure you can pk at hero, not easily at all, but it can be done. But after you get snare things start to get a little lacking. Just my thoughts anyway and I want to thank the imms of course for making such a kick ass mud :)

Blobqirt