Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=19895
19895, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 31 09:21:03 2003

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Karun perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:504
PK Ratio:36% (closer to 100% is better)

20010, Pffffffft..
Posted by Gwy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about answering so late, had to do stuff the last couple of days.. Anyways, I on't think there is much more to say than what I said at Vynmylak's shrine.. Karun was a hell of a guy to hang around with, and a true Maran.. saved my ass a couple of times .. oh well, we'll miss you, fattie two..

Gwyythinniel
20056, RE: Pffffffft..
Posted by karun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hey! Really liked to walk with you around. You remind me about old time Knight Bards. Heh. One question... Always was wondering why i was fattie two as i was way much older then Rogardian :)
19990, Hey there
Posted by Meladori on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Karun. Just a really well played Dwarf. I think
Meladori enjoyed being around Karun so much because he sort of
reminded her of some of her old Dwarf friends. I think most
Dwarves should be played that way, jolly but when it gets down
to it, serious. I wish we had the opportunity to go on more adventures. Anyway, great character, you made some of my elder
years much more exciting.

I always enjoyed running cake and tea to the Fortress, because
many of Meladori's friends were banned from the Inn. *chuckle*
20057, RE: Hey there
Posted by Karun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a shame that we did notinteract more. I enjoed every moment of our conversations. Glad that you finaly made it to High Herald :)
Keep your songs up!
19982, Sorry 'bout being in sanely thick-headed.
Posted by Vanadulin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hehe i took out first talk as a roleplay focus. if i was frustrating sorry hehe. the last char i knew you with was alot like you (worse pk'er though) but i was always too high to run with you, i talked with you ever change i got as those two seemed to get along well hehe.
but vana is a different type of person than i have ever played before in many ways, so my apologies :)
karun was cool all the way around. keep it up!
19983, just got up and hit post before looking it over for typos please forgive me -nt
nt
20058, RE: Sorry 'bout being in sanely thick-headed.
Heh. It was not frustrating to see racistic elf. Just was traing to be a Priest and Maran and fight that taint of darkness in yoru soul. I'm sure given more time you would be able to make it to travel with drow without hatred if they are not of the darkness :)
20060, heh ...
Honestly why do you think it took me that long before i contacted you again? *wink* not that i would have 'happily' or anything, there would be some posturing and growling involved. I took you very seriously, and didn't some back til i thought i could do that. i get kinda into my chars pov's know what i mean? glad i didn't drive you nuts, some folks i do with this one, as she will adamantly declare something (even if totally wrong from a player standpoint) :) though i have to say much con has been saved by your talk :) more after i am dead i think. *giggles*
20067, RE: heh ...
*Snicker* I have seen quite a few elf racist characters in a past but I must admit that Vanadulin was one of the best if not the best in terms of growing from the hatred. I really liked your playing style. Keep it up I believe it brings some fun to a game :)
20074, hey thanks!
Glad to hear it. my last chars kinda blew it rp wise i was trying to teach myself to pk, and then got back into the rp end as well i was good at that to begin with and lost it somewhere when trying to work out pk. never did get 'good' at pk'ing, but i am better, and hopefully my rp will be up to snuff again soon. this one goes a long way towards that hehe.
Karun was great by the way even when young. :) i noticed you rp'd all the way through well at least with the characters i was playing who met ya.
:)
19974, Karun was cool!
Posted by Sylvrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish we would have had more time to play together, but our hours didn't match up very well. The days I got to see you a lot was usually when I was home sick or on a holiday and playing during the day, which wasn't very often. But what times we did have together were always fun. I just love running around with paladins and you were a real good one.

Here's hoping to see you in the Fort again soon.
19975, RE: Karun was cool!
Heh the major problem with Fortress I have that my time and Shokai's does not match very well unfortunatly but I will see may be I will join Fortress once again
19960, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Fahnrore on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
heh...wasn't expecting to see my name here. Well, I do remember our talks quite well. And it seems that you walked away with alot from them. Sometimes you kind of annoyed me cause you would say one thing and then not back down from your comment, but once I pushed the point, you'd sort of give up your previous view and adapt the point I was trying to make. Don't know if you feel the same way, but this is the feeling that I got and I wish you hadn't done so. Most of my intentions weren't to change views but rather expand them as I do in RL. Either way, you were a very competant paladin. Well done and good luck on your next character.
19962, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Heh but it was perfectly in line wit my IC intention to show change a of view from the Knight to the SOldier of the Brigade. And without you it would be much harder. I was traing to play it as your student for quite a while as you was elder Sounder and Maran. Frankly you made my job plaing Karun the way he was ment to be so much easier :)
19899, OH! FORGOT !!!
Naryssia: Well done! IC Karun was not abel to get eover interactions we had till his very last days! You was my arch enemy when i was young and I never was able to forget thos kiss you gave me after killing me! Keep it up! and well done on immorting!
19947, Farewell with peace
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for remembering me! I'm glad we managed to battle against each other during my mortal days. They were worthy fights and I respected you and your dedications hellva lot! You were one tuff bastard with your dedications started to come in. Of course the one and first meeting was kinda memorable for you, and me likewise.

I don't know why but I kinda have deep friendships with dwarfs as Narissa. Maybe they are filthy, dirty-minded old man in disguise, who prey on young nubile girls. Yaofhil, Grogim (shakes her fist at him for leering at her in Asgaard all the time), another dwarven paladin (Ulvhamn), yourself, etc. Not all evils are... evils, I suppose. Perhaps I'm just evilly seductive :P

Good luck on your next one and hope you enjoy him even more.
19968, RE: Farewell with peace
Heh thank you! Only regret I have is that you immorted to soon :P
Narissa the Dwarf Lover heh how does it sounds?
19896, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Well it was damn well and good life I had. Comming back from about two years absence from CF was nice :) You know what i mean :P It sure is different now then it was few years agow. Now few last thing i wanted to say:

Honor: When Karun was born he was bounded to the old Cadors code of honor. Then over the time he lerned from from Clarion, Farnhrore, Jhanderyn about true meaning of Honor. From old type of Knight lone fighter he became soldier of the Brigade. He lerned to see meaning of the Honor in the integrity more then anything else. He lerned that there is difference between duel and war Code. That honor is not only about fighting 1 on 1 - the situation which never exist in reallity and war is not to be fought like series of duels. He lerned that there is no Honor in losing war just becouse you do not want to use the advantage of the situation. Basicaly he lerned the difference betwen War and Duel. I hope it answered many questions people had.

Immortals:

Vynmylak: Thank you for your blessings, induction and our interactions. I hope I have achieved what you you sent me to achieve - to make people to talk to me and recognize me. I wish you would not leave fields. But of well i know how it's going with real life :)

Saldradien: I cannot say how much fun it was to run around as Pious Poeber :) Thank you for that quest you gave me. Our interactions gave to Karun a lot of insight of how to be a priest and paladin. Thank you!

Shokai: Hey! I could not count how many Marans and Knights I had over the past 8 years I play CF. You always was one of the best around. Greate Fortress ! Keep it up man!

Onglaurst: Never figured out why in the hell you came to attac us with Pheakosy at Omegus. You was not at palace at that time. But anyway it was fun to fight you even OOC i hated the idea and believed it was lame IC Karun was proud that it takes God to stop old maran from taking Codex.

Khasotholas: heh. Wish we interected more with yoru Sentiel. After we have talked I came back to him and challenged him but you seems did not watch that already oh well...

Talia: I hated you IC to the degree you will not imagine. Placing that damn evil priestess next to the Temple of Clarion was rally bad idea in Karuns eyes. But OOC it was always fun to interact with you.
Keep it up!

Whoever asked me to return prod: Heh it was cool thank you for realising my last name.

Gherian: Well! One of the best friends i had! Keep it up in Asgaard! You will be a good addition to the Pantheon :)

Blachmianan: Thank you for watching my ghost and hey! It was nice to have you around!

The rest of Imm Staff: Thank you for cool game :)

Mortals:

Oh! So many to mention! I'm sure I will forgot many! So i will follow Elunas steps - drop a line and I will respond I promisse! :)

Karun iz Anaka AKA Finve AKA Elendil AKA Uchitel so many others... :)

19897, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
Posted by Misha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Beard!

Sad to see you go and sadder about us not getting to travel or do more stuff together. I'm partly to blame for it, but I always had a blast when the opportunity arose. Naughty dwarf to get banned from the Inn and all }(

Hope you'll be back soon in whatever form. *wiggle*

Misha
19898, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
Tail! Fur!! Daggers!!!

Was not it you who disapeared first? :))) You are just endless source of fun probably one of the few best partners to fool around with I had on CF ever.

I hope we will meet again! Other form other time same place? :)

19931, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
>I hope we will meet again! Other form other time same place?

Already did. Slightly different. Yep. Nope. ;)
19934, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
I believe i know who you refering to... some squire at Fortress right?
19938, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
More details when my current incarnation dies off, that much I can promise you. Take care stubby. :)

Misha
19901, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Ashqer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man! You had to go and die right after I did! ;P

Anyway, you did good and I had plenty of smiles speaking with you always!
19907, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Heh! BTW try to lern your ways around a bit more :) I'm almost sure you are quite new to CF :) But you will get used to it!
19910, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
Posted by Ashqer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yep I will! Thats what my new character's gonna be all about - exploring. No cabals no nothing just explore, study, learn fighting skills and roleplay :)
19902, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
Posted by Turambar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I interacted with you with practically all of my last characters, nothing too important, but I enjoyed it every time.
(Anxarian, Anethalia and Ahtanri)
Not very much with most, except for Anxarian. We both grew up at the same time, doing that Sounder of the Clarrion thing, if you remember (Damn, that's already a long time ago! :P).

Anyway, a strong performance every time I met you. Good luck with the next.
19905, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger o...
Heh actualy we are interacted more then you think! Remember that arial assassin in the dream team with Ahntari (Karabas)? was me as well well he is gone now for quite some time :)
19913, Cool :) nt
yep, really nt
19915, No clue why it got posted twice :( nt
nt
19914, Cool :) nt
yep, really nt
19906, Fattie number two?
Posted by Rogardian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Was always nice to have you around, and I'm glad I got to be there for your sending off party, so to speak. And just so you know, we got the Orb and the Codex and killed Kogefibo right after you disolved away :P

Anyway, you were a veritable fixture in the Fort, you'll be missed. Good luck with your next.

Rogggg
19908, RE: Fattie number two?
>And just so you know, we got the Orb and the Codex and killed Kogefibo right after you disolved away :P

Thats a best farewell I would imagine :)

heh I'm sure we will meet again in some other form if you will be around :)
19909, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Charlenne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fine, just because I don't have much time to play anymore you go and forget me! POOOOO.

We had some cool adventures, I think I might have gotten you killed a few times. But when you play with my characters you run that risk. I have a knack at getting others killed then dying myself. On a side note, you should have declared war on sylvan, you know I would have joined in on that!!! I hope I wasn't too abrasive with the rest of the cabal, did you get any flak for letting me stay around?
19911, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
hey! I did not forgot you! I just did not mention any mortals at all :) I mean... I was sure i will forget someone so i desided I would not mention any :) Much more easy with immortals - you just look on wizlist and mention thos whom you wish :) In any case you was in my mind one of the few people of our "dream team" of old I'm sure i will forget some even now but i will try: you, Selatiel, Eluna, Lruthlor, Gwyythinniel, Fahnrore, Jhanderil, Dylerion, Phekaosy. Heh I'm sure I forgot some even for this small list but oh well what can you expect from old fat dwarf :)
19912, of course I forgot!
There was Briesa as well or whatever her name was (that air shifter) :) Told you it was so long agow! I forgot all!
19917, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Sakard....had a hard time to bring down paladins...unless I was lucky with dispel or...like Lruthlor...I'd rot ;) I remember owning you in the 40's...then you heroed and it was a different story! No talks as well I believe...anyway, good job and good luck with your next.
19925, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Heh another arch enemy of mine.... I could not even count how many times we fought in duel or in reall situation... Your idea to duel me underwater was cool sorry i did not accept it but it would be just plain foolish and had nothing to do with duel code when sides should be on equal terms. Oh well i'm sure we will meet again sometime :)
19918, Farewell, Pious Pauper..
Posted by Vorondel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interacted with you with two goody chars, and I must
say I was impressed by the character. You were a great
paladin and a great friend to have. Good luck with your
nexts!

Vor
19926, RE: Farewell, Pious Pauper..
Thank you! I hope you will do well with that Talia thing! Keep it up Cardinal!
19919, RE:
Posted by Gherian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had alot of interactions with you in the first half of my life, always raiding going somewhere etc etc. Then that damn fiasco in Thar-acacia pissed me off and from there it was a casual greeting once in awhile. So I'll leave it at the first half of my life it was fun knowing ya.
19922, RE:
heh sorry about that thing in Tcar Acacia. OOC i know i will piss you a big time and frankly was traing to avoid it as much as i could but IC Karun would never let you kill someone not dark just for an item. So i ruined that trip makin sure no one will die as well :) But OOC guilt feeling never left me. Sorry my friend but there is more the OOC heh :)
19920, Well done.
Posted by Blachmianan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, our first meeting was pleasant, and our second meeting went just the opposite. It was one of those relationships where we wanted to punch the other in the mouth, but, knew that it was best to just avoid each other when possible. And then there was the time when Lruthlor told me you were dying from rot. I said to myself, "Okay, I can blame it on failed gates...". Then I had to remind myself about hating the the Fortress itself and not those inside it. You added color to my character because our tension started when we were young and never really ended. And there isn't anyone else who I felt that way about for as long as I did. And when I gated to Haaslett to start a fight and found you fighting him, I almost didn't attack because I didn't want to make our relationship a little more strained. Of course, being who I am, it didn't take me long to say, "Ah, screw it...co 'curse' haaslett". All in all, the thing I liked the most about Karun was the fact that he never strayed from his point of view.
Good luck on your next.
19924, RE: Well done.
Frankly you was one of the best silvans I have seen since Eshlina first got me in to the Grove and it was like 5 years agow or so. Too bad that when Starkad left there was no one to balance your view at the Fortress. Oh well thats life. Thank you for sitting with my ghost by the way. Wonder who was plaing Keeper of the Horn at that time.
Oh well... Fortress are not all that bad as i was traing to tell you in our last meeting even ents need a place to live in :)
19928, I think your missing something.
Posted by Blachmianan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, it isn't the Fortress members or its views I had a problem with. The fact that it is a big stone structure on the face of Thera is the problem I have with it as a sylvan. You and I not getting along had nothing to do with you being of the Fortress. The fact that you thought I should have had honor when attacking that Tribunal in your group is what got us off on the wrong foot. As a warder, I was always glad to see you fighting against the Empire and Scions, but, I also wanted to see the Fortress get raided in the hopes that they might tear down your walls. Besides, as a warder, I ALWAYS wanted to have their items in the grove, so if your walls were getting torn down and we had the numbers to go and take the items for ourselves, we would win both ways. It was never a good/evil thing, it was a nature thing.
19930, i was not wrong :)
I know you did not hate members of teh Fortress what i was refering to was Fortress as structure. Look at the ents or beavers. :) There are animals who will build structures to live in. :) But it does not matter :) And yehh... all of our thing went down after that thing in Shadar when i had to save that Tribunal from your pack. I hope i explained to you why i desided to save him over the fighting you.
19921, Eluna
Posted by Astillian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well it doesn't look like much of the original group is left. Perhaps one or two waiting to age die. I liked Karun for the most part but your sense of honor and my sense of honor got in the way. As well as the Fortress beliefs. My characters sense of good was different from your sense. I agree with Gherian about what happened in Thar-Acacia put some strain. Not as much as it did with Gherian. Gherian and I had a talk about your actions afterwards and we felt pretty much the same and from that point he and I traveled a lot more.

Over all, it was great interacting with you, through good time and bad.
19923, RE: Eluna
Well I know what you mean about Honor ... I was traing play Karun with sence of Honor changing from the Knight to the Soldier. From lone Cursader to the part of the Brigade. I hope I did it well...

As of that acident... I can say only same thing i answered to Gherian... OOC i hated what i did but IC could not act differently.
19932, Nice
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hunted with you with Briessa and interacted a bit with Oshubacyl. Cool charactor. Thanks for the fun fights and travels.
19933, RE: Nice
Heh never figured out it was still you! Damn! I liked Briessa a lot! and Oshu was really cool i wish you will stuck to that slave idea more. Was fun to watch you growing :) Keep it up!
19935, Great Character, great friend!
Posted by Lruthlor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved logging in to find you, or being on and you arriving.
I pretty knew no matter what #### went down the two of us would be up to our armpits in it and come through.

Major Kudos all round.
19936, RE: Great Character, great friend!
Heh you would not imagin how many times I missed you after you died!
I believe you and me were best team I ever had. I always knew I can count on you no matter what. heh. drop me a line karun@zhadina.ru
19937, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Aemelius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps didn't see you as much as others, but enough to know you were good fun and ready for most scraps. Well done.
19967, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
I wish we would see each other more. Oh well nothing we can doabout playing times. Thank you
19942, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Honor: When Karun was born he was bounded to the old Cadors
>code of honor. Then over the time he lerned from from Clarion,
>Farnhrore, Jhanderyn about true meaning of Honor. From old
>type of Knight lone fighter he became soldier of the Brigade.
>He lerned to see meaning of the Honor in the integrity more
>then anything else. He lerned that there is difference between
>duel and war Code. That honor is not only about fighting 1 on
>1 - the situation which never exist in reallity and war is not
>to be fought like series of duels. He lerned that there is no
>Honor in losing war just becouse you do not want to use the
>advantage of the situation. Basicaly he lerned the difference
>betwen War and Duel. I hope it answered many questions people
>had.

Strange. Only brief interaction i had with you was you trying to gang me down with another guy. In galadon and Hamsah. You died, shame. I was snake form, crushed you to death. (Hoping i'm not talking about the wrong dwarf paladin)
19966, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
I remmember that time. Let me state it clear - it was AFTER Karun became Soldier of Brigade. Code of War is different from CODE of Duel in his few. Speaking in meadevil terms there were tournamets when and lone search for adventures but they had nothing to do with wars which were fought at same time by same poeple. War has different code then duel and Karun was kind of stuck to that idea.
19943, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Phekaosy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Karun. Besides being a dwarf to toss, you
were always donating to the orphans. Loved going on
raids with you though you really needed a bath.
Well played you were....see ya with the next one.
19965, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Karun iz Anaka the Avenger of the Righteous
Hey! thank you and be sure my next one would not be dwarf so no more dwarf tossing :P
19956, Hold up, square beard!
Posted by Grogim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You help a young dwarf paladin with his description, he runs up the ranks, through the evils and dies and does not even say goodbye. sheesh!

Well played Karun!

Grogim
19963, RE: Hold up, square beard!
Hell! I knew I will forgot someone importent! For Karun IC your help with description was first lesson of self confidence and first from many lesson from Heavence he recieved. He never forgto you iC and I was traing to show it as much as I was able to talking to people and sometimes even to you. Thank you!

19957, Job well done...
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Karun was a fine paladin in my eyes, job well done i guess, and good luck with your next... ;-)

/Zharaluzar
19964, RE: Job well done...
Heh! I wish we talked more. That all lich raven talk was fun and always good to fight you. I was always sure you will try to get that sceptre back. Thank you for all fun of fighting you. Sure we will fight again!