Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ossrian the Evil King, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=18999
18999, (DELETED) [None] Ossrian the Evil King, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 10 22:26:25 2003
At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Ossrian perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:165
PK Ratio:40% (closer to 100% is better)
19019, Good grief.
Posted by Ossrian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There goes seven days of my life that I won't get back. I think I rolled back at the beginning of the year. I ranked to 40 as an independent. I had been playing more out of habit than derivation of enjoyment, then I took the oath. Believe it or not, I used to be pretty damn good at this game, much better than that 40% pk ratio signifies...but lately I've utterly sucked and I wasn't having much fun. Well I really like the new empire. I took the oath five days ago and I started getting some charges in my axe, lending a hand to some newbies (within the realm of empire rp), and I believe I almost single handedly moved the Black Sect up two notches in the donation race. 3.1 million copper in four days...I'd be interested to know if anyone else has come close to donating at that clip.

Now, I haven't played a lawful/orderly character since I had a storm paladin in Knights. I haven't ever had any particular liking for the Arbiter/Tribunal cabals. The one Arbiter I played was a pre-revamp bard who got kicked out for going to hell with hardened criminals. I'd estimate I've had about 18 or so heroes so I'm in the habit of attacking people without regard for the "where protector" command, and I didn't roll Ossrian as orderly.

That said, I totally deserved what I got, as irritating as that is. It didn't snap for me that the first demotion was for attacking in town, I thought it was for attacking someone who was going to aid us, and it wasn't exactly spelled out for me, not that it needed to be. The second, I'll blame that one on ignorance, circumstance, and fatigue. I had just read the Imperial law about ten minutes before, so I had it in my head "attacking in town = bad," but with all the spam of the group moving, and the fatigue of being on for over 45 hours in four days leading me not to where, and seeing another pc get whacked right in front of me by another imperial, I attacked. Honestly I thought I was out the southeast gate of TV. I think its amusing that if I hadn't given in to the leadership and leveled just prior to this, I wouldn't have been able to attack that particular person. I also considered how amusing it would have been to cleave that tribbie before the leadership ungrouped me, but decided that would have been a bit juvenile.

All in all, it was fun, I'll probably give it another go. Empire is definately better than it was before, 1 chance at ####ing up is infinately better than the 0 those other poor bastards got. Three anath's in one night...good ol' Empire is back.
19045, damn
Posted by Kelarkteg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i must say you were great to run with. hehe.
you were a memorable kinda fella (to me anyway)
have fun with the next.
19014, why not face the music
Posted by notEmpire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are not the only people hunted by the Empire. Join the other side to save yourself. (The other evils, obviously, not the fortress.)

If what bystander says is true, that sounds legit anathema'sation to me.
19003, Bah...what the hell happend??
Posted by Imperial friend on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This really ####ing sucks man, you were a really good player damnit its sad to see you go..the leaders of the empire and the imms sure know how to #### up a char..#### this.

Thanks for all the tips you gave me, cant thank you enough..
You know me..You always told me to name my mercenary.

Well..hope to see you around...give me a sign or something.

19002, Damn son
Posted by Bystander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You get demoted for attacking in a protected city unprovoked. You get promoted back into the sect. You get made anathema for attacking in a protected city unprovoked. Did you not learn the lesson the first time around?