Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=144695
144695, (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 7 12:55:33 2023

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Lyeeth perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:938
144789, Wonderful character
Posted by Grysaor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It really amazes me how you spent almost 1k hours always doing something. Whether events, roleplay, investing in new characters, pk'ing, exploring, or just hanging out, that's a long time to stay engaged at such a high level. And you did it.

You brought a lot of enjoyment to Grysaor, too. Thanks for the Herald letters, happy to have provided content. Thanks for showing me a few things too that I always stumbled through. Now I know a bit more!

Top shelf, well done.

I enjoy us being enemies, but I really us enjoy being allies when we cross paths!
144754, Lyeeth! Congratulations!
Posted by Poce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very young when I met you. Thanks for all the wonderfully unique RP, old bones.

:)

GLWYN
144756, Thanks Pokee.
Posted by Jalim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed gambling with you.
144733, You were great
Posted by Eledsoere on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved everything about your char, and also that wicked awesome vuln deathblow charge in the inn. I enjoyed some of the banter and went to the island to look for you a few times but I was always a bit early or late. Glad your mad skills at thinning the veil are gone and hope noone replaces you anytime soon. Great char all around. Great energy.
144726, Well done
Posted by Well done! on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed having you around as Shami. I struggled a bit balancing all the work Invokers take with being an active Herald, but you more than pulled your weight so it's fine. Seriously though, it definitely made you deserve that High Herald spot!

It's a shame your sweet spot in regards to holding events corresponds to my 3 or 4 AM, I am sure I would enjoyed attending.

GLWYN (preferably something on my side again ;) )

-kbd
144720, My view of Lyeeth/Jalim
Posted by Drogathar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Jalim is probably the only player I can think of that I would classify as vet pker that can roleplay as well as Lyeeth did.

But the Jalim that I usually love to hate always seems to shine through with me. You work out my chars quickly and love to come up with ways to troll me in the game and seem to treat my character differently once you know.

To be honest, Drog was never bothered by Lyeeth and if anything you added to my game. You were always a potential threat that could fly in while I fought fort or outlander. So this made it more exciting. And we finished with 1-0 so was happy with that outcome :)

It was never my attempt to play the card that you're a herald and breaking some sort of rule or whatever. I was aware exactly with your plan and I knew you would have far too much roleplayed capital with the imms to be impacted by attacking some evil in cabals (though i've seen some heralds kicked for that).

My goal was to roleplay it out, order all Empire to attack Lyeeth and put pressure on other heralds to usurp you. None of the empire (except Mlivera) actually attacked you as far as I know, because they knew you would leave them alone if they didn't. It's a bit sad. I think a lot of people only respond to predetermined enemies and can't handle the complexity you sprinkled around. I never regretted attacking you in imperial lands. You had attacked some empire in front of me when I was low and you're an elf, I was 100% attacking you at some point.

A good char Jalim, you tick a lot of boxes. Just try to avoid singling out people OOC you don't like.

144723, RE: My view of Lyeeth/Jalim
I for sure wasn't doing anything special to single you out over anyone else because you are you. Glad you enjoyed the character. I was glad the multi-hour trap while orcs guarded the Orb with you hiding below the orc village was a one-off. Having strong enemies IC is always fun and motivating, even for Heralds.
144710, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Bre...
Posted by bat friend on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
LYEETH! NO! You can't die!

I thought you were awesome. Great rp, could fight well, and you put on the best Inn events. Thanks for the occasional help, I look forward to your next character.
144708, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Posted by ZeoShifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Best news I seen all day. Lol bye bye.
144711, Later Navur! RPing won't kill you, give it a shot sometime.
This is the dude that literally allowed Shapa's AP to PK me in the mausoleum. He was a Paladin Trib. We saw Shapa moving in and he left me and ran to a side room. Shapa repeatedly tried to sleep me and failed and I ended up running into the same room as the Paladin, my groupmate, in pk range. No zombies were tracking me, there was a clear shot up the center of the maus to flee from. He sat IN THE SAME ROOM as the AP spelling me up who had gotten me slept when all he had to do was maneuver the AP into any room full of zombies around us. But he had agreed with the AP that if he allowed him to kill me in the Maus he could continue ranking uninterrupted after. So I ended up fleeing and shooting through maus and got 2 rooms away from Voralian City pit before I died to bleeding. He went on to tell Fort/Tribs who asked him about it that I just fled into a bunch of zombies and died and he couldn't help me because I didn't listen.

I wrote a poem about it called 'Paladin Farts:

Trust is a circle, a cycle of faith
that went from me to you.

We spoke our words, went back and forth
assuming they were true.

You were valiant, you were stalwart
you were a beacon of shining light.

But then the stars revealed your soul,
it was darker than the night.

You fell from your pedestal, hard like a stone
crashing to land from the astral.

You gave me away, like a lamb to the slaughter
to evil servants unnatural.

And through this dark haze, I learned something new
that stabbed my poor naive heart.

Through bright armor shining, through glory and praise
even Paladins fart.

This dude went on to roll about 10 other characters through Lyeeth's life that always had the same tell: Asking for high end gear pre level 5 then bitching about not getting it after it wasn't immediately given. This is the dude that also got a character denied and had to delete 18 alts.

You are the worst and I'm glad to have foiled you in many ways, especially with your current.

You wrote a ####ty post detailing why you were leaving CF for good a couple days ago and went back and fort with Rogue but you've logged in several times since then. Try to not be cancer and you'll have a better time with the mud.

144713, RE: Later Navur! RPing won't kill you, give it a shot sometime.
Cool story bro. ?
144716, I agree
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've no idea who is behind the player but the pattern is exactly the same. Roll a character, ask for high end gear, make a few friends, then do a 180 and betray them. Just like I avoid funnyone, once I spot this behavior, I'm out. NOT MY CIRCUS, NOT MY MONKEYS. But it's all very unhealthy psychologically.
144780, paladin farts?! lMFAO that is ausome the eend.
Posted by Jeremiah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
.... thats all i had
144703, Erstwhile mentor, and later friend of a sort
Posted by Viera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lyeeth was probably the character with the biggest space in Viera's life. We had such a cool and interesting RP relationship stretching back from when Viera was a midbie. You were my mentor and we would talk about magey things, and that cool elder mage mentor RP was huge fun for me. I think you could tell that it was more for RP than for any mechanical benefit, though you did teach a few cool things about the Veil.

When our relationship soured after I PKed against some group you were helping to level, you were curt and disowned me as a student. Viera being a vain and incorrigible evil person just shrugged and carried on, but I as the player could feel all the drama! It made for such an interesting update to my role, it really put the RP into CF's RP + PVP mix. It was like a storybook narrative played out in a game.

Viera's relationship with you was part of what made her seek out her own apprentices in her later life when she became an elder mage in her own right. Thank you for our interesting relationship, and for sparking novel RP directions for me.

GLWYN! I am sure you're all RPed out now, so I look forward to some super scary Jalim PK char rocking the world.
144712, RE: Erstwhile mentor, and later friend of a sort
Cool story bro! ?
144699, Love HATE respect Well done!
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ive only rp'd with you substantially on a current. But Pvask, AND, Yvcalla had to really try to make some moves to get you off my ass.

No matter what i did or threw at you, if you caught up to me I was
done for. You made a very powerful combo and fight wise were so
deathly that it seemed you only did it for rp purpose, and that I loved.

IC... jfc die die die!!

OOC, well done dude, very bad ass and everything you brought to the
game. Well f'ing done!
144697, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Posted by mlivera and dozen shifters on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
tattoed and custum title under 100 hours.

I hated your char with all my chars. You wanted people to attack you, so you had an excuse to hunt them at all times. I tryed my best to rp with you as mlivera, but you had your mind set about wanting me dead and you as always, you use your superior english to taunt me.

To all my shifters, you sent a hello, most often i sent one back and you diddent had anything else to say, i am sure you just wanted to see if it was me rolling another shifter.

For me, you're toxic for this game and you always find a way to bully those you dont like ooc, once you know what they play.

I havent roled a char since my last shifter some weeks ago, and i will not return for a long time.

Many of those shifters i rolled only to mess with you, but i am sure you knew that already
144698, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
toxic bully for wanting people to attack him? I've heard it all now.
144700, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Believe it or not I have no idea who you are. Mlivera and Lyeeth got along great for 2 weeks IC before Drogothar rolled up into range and you guys decided to try and gang me down several times. At that point you were no longer on my 'do not kill' list and the retribution started.

No idea any of any shifter you played other than the one where you tried to kill me thinking I was AFK in arial city. I suspected it was the same player as Mlivera because when I asked why you attacked me you said 'Someone needs to end your reign of terror', and the list of terror stricken characters is very short. Rhino easily takes Cheetah in most pk situations but you played that one very wrong. I'm sorry you seem to be pretty tipped over the edge about our interactions and it's nothing personal as you seem to think. All I know about you is people say you are Mackles Russian Cheat buddy. Hope you come back to CF with less of a chip on your shoulder.
144702, Which people claim that? Those in your discord private chat?
Posted by goldfish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have accused me of bein perma with mackle in the discord several times.

And that time i attacked you (one time) it was when you just sat in imperial lands, and i asked you to leave serval times. I knew you would ruin my char if i attacked you, since you could see me while hidden.

So yes i had to attack you, and i rp with you after the incident, but for me it seemed you got what you wanted, one more on your list of people you could attack when you was borred.

You sent a "hello" to all my shifters, and then no reply after that hello.

I could actually enjoy your chars if you stopped bein all jalim towards people that arent on team jalim. I actually dont care you are a imm favorite, but i do care that you abuse the game bein a herald that perma attack and kill people you dont like, and with your combo it ruins many characters.

Not gonna return anytime soon.
144704, RE: Which people claim that? Those in your discord private chat?
I mean if you don't want to be accused of stuff don't befriend someone that brags about their exploits publicly.

I literally sent a 'hello' to every lowbie I saw online that was new to see what sort of help they needed. I generally stopped talking to them immediately after getting snarky responses or realizing they are evil and likely wouldn't be able to be helped. I usually flew over with with a detect all scroll up and scouted to see their align.

-And that time i attacked you (one time) it was when you just sat in imperial lands, and i asked you to leave serval times. I knew you would ruin my char if i attacked you, since you could see me while hidden.-

This is not how that went.

HOWEVER one of my favorite character moments happened from this experience via notes:

To : herald rarywey
Subject: Lyeeth

Are Lyeeth actions something the Heralds will continue to ignore?
She have struck me more than twenty times now. I have attacked her once when she fought our war master in our lands, and i explained
her why i did so. But she have made it very clear that my death
are something she wont give up, and she will hunt me for the rest
of my life. I ask agian, are this something the Heralds can accpet?

If this maddnes continue, it will only escalate and the inn will not be a safe place for anyone Lyeeth the disquised maran, hunts those she knows she can beat in a combat and is more bloodthirsty than the worst of the village.

I know she acts alone, and have many excuses for her actions.

To : Herald Mlivera
Subject: A scroll tied up with a bit of green twine.

Dear Mlivera,

Thank you for your thoughtful missive. I am dreadfully sorry that you decided to earn the enmity of my Brightest Star. Most are fortunate enough to feel the benevolence of his warmth, but there are a select few who will burn to cinders beneath his glare for the rest of their miserable lives. Alas, you are the one who placed yourself into the latter category. Nevertheless, I know him to be a kind and generous soul, and I hope, for your sake, that you can find a way back into his good graces. You may, however, wish to reconsider your veiled threat of escalation beforehand. The Heralds employ no army for you to rally against, but they do have a capricious and vengeful goddess who has no qualms about forcing you to drown from the inside out for the rest of your days.

Kindest regards,

Rary
144705, you should be in politics jalim.
Which people? you must get that knowledge from someone and that someone are someone in a privat discord group of yours.

It was exsacly how it happened, you sat in imperial lands and drogatar attacked you and i joined in the attack, you kept sitting there and you know it.

I basicly deleted mlivera because of you, so well done with that i guess.

You have always bein able to get away with anything, ever since your imm wife gave you ooc information.

You are an asshole ic and on discord and you are toxic for cf.

Im out.
144706, *chefkiss* n/t
gr
144707, You ever hear about how a cheating spouse will accuse the other of cheating?
Posted by DisappointedObserver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This kind of relates to your private chat idea. It is a guilt ridden response to actually being the one to cheat, yet you want to accuse others of doing such to keep the spotlight off of your own actions.

Also deleting your character because you made choices that turned a typically harmless char against you because of your greed or lack of being able to make your own choices as Drogathar's little slave just kind of makes you look like a fool.

Watching your interaction IC with Lyeeth shows that you were the toxic asshole and are better to be gone since permas are lame.
144735, RE: You ever hear about how a cheating spouse will accuse the other of cheating?
grow a pair and post with your handle.

you're funny though
144783, RE: You ever hear about how a cheating spouse will accuse the other of cheating?
if my wife played f ya we would cheat that #### up duh?! lmfao dont lie we all would
144728, RE: you should be in politics jalim.
Dont waste your time on this loser cheating player. He is not worth it. Lyeeth is dead. Hopefully the next char he makes actually plays IC and keep his friends from discord out of his rp.

I never been more happy to see a character go! Thank the Pantheon!

144781, its true about lyl always talking to newbies she did like three of mine anyways and I didnt even know her lmfao not a lie there i can attest
and she got me eq
144782, rarys note cracks me up
144715, RE: Which people claim that? Those in your discord private chat?
This was my point when I mention imm clubs and favs...lyeeth was a ooc playing character with a discord dm of a bunch of other players. Your character was disgusting. Glad you are gone
144719, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
Posted by mackle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> All I know about you is people say you are Mackles Russian Cheat buddy.

Seriously where do people come up with this stuff.

Is it because I accuse other people of permas, well when I do that I highlight how 30%+, 40%+ etc of their pks are with the same the person.

I just checked Drog's PBF, he had 4 out of 104 pks with Mlivera in it.

144721, Enjoyed having Drog as an anemy.
So many back and forths. I had a chance to kill you at first but once you really got rolling there wasn't much I could do. I figured you were prepared that time you got me in Veran and I knew I couldn't word out but there was a slight chance the mob would have tanked longer and I could get some good rounds in.

144736, Russian cheat buddy? lol
Im from denmark, just shows how little people know and how much #### they spread.
144709, Hi Goldfish
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were taking a break. This post shows that you need one. Accusing an elf for hunting drow and then admitting to rolling back to back shifter to ooc troll a great character is not going to win you allies.
144730, RE: Hi Goldfish
Why do you keep saying I got my alts deleted and I play shapeshifters??? Where do you get your information. I have not played a shifter in. 2 years.

Sorry wrong person you have idiot. I guess lyeeth has pissed multiple people off with his ooc playing.

So many that you don't even know which one I am. You tool.
144734, RE: Hi Goldfish
accusing an elf hunting drow? no idea what you mean.

Im not on a break, i left cf weeks ago and because i posted on officials dossent mean i am playing anything.

Sure i rolled 20 back to back ####ers, but i actually think i only attacked jalim with 3 of them. And never said a word to him, beside my last one that had the rhino.

144714, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Lyeeth the Brightest Star, Breathless Multicentenarian of the Eternal Star
AGREED!!!!
144696, Brightest Stars

This character stemmed from me talking to someone about old Heralds I played and for some reason I gave in to nostalgia. The PK scene when I was playing Aerithas was fairly sparce so I opted to move into more of a RP direction. Going from playing one elf to another was annoying so I really had to do a 180 on character personality.

My goal was to be a performer Herald who just used animal forms to perform, specifically I made my role around the pseudodragon form and I wasn't all that worried about any other forms I got. I was still fortunate enough to get the cheetah and make good use of it, and the vampire bat was really great for the utility of being able to see everything at night.

This character was just supposed to be me having fun and interacting with people while I decided what I'd rather be playing.

Rarywey did an amazing job of making this character feel like more than just a temporary RP side stop. Once I started exploring the religion more and actually having discussions the depth just kept building and building until I had really solidified the character in my head. I tried to treat all interactions from the perspective of a prideful, semi-self-centered, ignorant in many different ways, center stage star. He didn't grow up with other elves, he was an enslaved child forced to entertain the masses. Once he was freed he missed the feeling of being the center of attention and ooh-ing and aah-ing people.

So his personality transitioned as he grew in experience and years. Eventually he shed off the self-centeredness and naivety, to a large degree. He never lost the desire to be the center of attention and he felt the world was his. Lyeeth tried to see the best in everyone and he tried to bring out the innate goodness that he believed to be in every living creature. He did this in many ways. Mostly by drawing people in to the Inn for revelry and merriment. The inn was a sacred place to him where everyone leaves their biases and hatred for one another outside. Evil murderers sit down to be entertained and happy. He liked engaging evil folks the most. If he was keeping them at the inn they weren't outside doing horrible things to everyone else.

Anyone that broke that sanctity earned his ire. Anyone that attacked him or the ones he loved earned his anger too. Lyeeth could be petty and very vindictive. He enjoyed making sure those that hurt others he loved were in turn, hurt. This was an unusual stance for a Herald, but Lyeeth had been dominated as a slave his whole childhood and had a need to prove himself unshakeable and indominable. He tried to make the Inn his own Fortress of Merriment and he defended it aggressively and consistently. A lot of people were very vocal about how Heralds should not defend themselves or attack others, I think there were seven notes total sent to the inn about this to have Lyeeth removed. I probably had a lot of PK's, maybe more than all other Heralds, but I never attacked anyone that didn't first mess with me or someone I felt obligated to defend.

As a non-Herald player, typically, I always try to participate in Inn events when possible. I set a goal for Herald to have a big event that lasted under an hour every two weeks. I felt like this was a good amount of space between events that they wouldn't get too watered down and common. I'm happy to read PBF's lately and see a lot of experience awarded for longer lived characters because they chose to come hang out and participate in events. Eventually after three or four months worth of this I just ran out of ideas for fun things and passed the torch to Eralastorn since he was motivated and ready.

Age dying an elf is very out of my comfort area as a player. Over the course of Lyeeth I typically would have played at least six prominent characters. There were lots of ups and downs and times where I was just over it, but typically I was able to change my perspective and some things in character to make it interesting again.

So whether it was events, pk's, exploration, or just hanging out in general, I hope everyone enjoyed and found SOMETHING redeeming about this character.

I'm not even going to mess with goodbyes. Rarywey was amazing, I greatly enjoyed hanging out with Bazz/Ilise/Viera/Geegaw/Ilves and countless Fort/Trib/Outlander/Empire folks. Thanks to everyone who kept this character interesting.
144701, RE: Brightest Stars
Posted by Ilise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lyeeth did so much. The events specifically were really creative, well-planned and amazingly well organized, an impressive amount of non-bossy control over chaos. But then there was everything else. All the politicking. All the reacting and poking. All the pot-stirring. All the silliness. All the gifts. All the retribution. All the hours!

My gameplay overlapped with yours a good bit, and Ilise really got subsumed into Lyeeth's world - but thank god, because often I had nothing else to do in those workday a.m. hours, and Lyeeth was sooo much fun. I loved playing the straight and narrow next to the saucy Lyeeth.
144722, RE: Brightest Stars
Posted by Xzelyx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Someone I loved to hate. No, I wasn't going to stop attacking you. Though once I got banned from the inn it was a rare chance I got.

All in all, I enjoyed your character, even if you've killed me the most of anyone. Mostly timing and persistence, waiting for the right time to strike, and hitting me when I was weak or when you were with others, which is irritating but exactly what your forms were built for.

And trying to shift the veil back with you around was impossible. Sheesh!

I liked the aggressive herald approach, and your RP was spot on for an arrogant self-centered prick. And definitely the wiliest cheetah around. Well done!

GLWYN!
144724, Thanks!
I think you are playing your role really well. I'm very familiar with your build having done it a few times and I knew the absolute futility of trying to take it on during even odds as a shapeshifter.

Being able to consistently be there when I saw an opening was a challenge.

I laughed so much with that one inn fight where you grabbed the not dagger. 'THATS NOT MY DAGGER'. Have no idea how you survived that scuffle.
144727, Fare-thee-well, Lyeeth
Posted by RaryweyImm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
--The Afterdays--

I climbed the tree
all the way to the canopy,
and there I sat
with your very last
remnants in my lap.

I swam at night
down to a river bottom bright,
and there I stayed
accepting a weight
I cannot convey.

I searched the glen
for fiddleheads time and again,
waking at dawn,
but Spring has been gone
since you journeyed on.

I watched the stars,
sang for you, and strummed my guitar.
Listening numb,
I can hear you hum.
Come back, come back, come...

-

Suffice it to say, Lyeeth was incredibly important to me. Everything else that needs to be said, we said across your 938 hour line. Thank you.